Originally Posted by mwoods
have u got the 930 on ur laptop yet ? if u have cud i update mine on sunday
Yep and on the ESC
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Yep and on the ESC
Hav eyou noticed much difference in performance? I ran 930 last night in 13.5 TC with my xtreme and didn't see any change in lap times or feel.

Should I be changing settings to get more out of it?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mutley001
Hav eyou noticed much difference in performance? I ran 930 last night in 13.5 TC with my xtreme and didn't see any change in lap times or feel.

Should I be changing settings to get more out of it?
Haven't tried it yet, first time will be Sunday.

From what I understand I don't expect too much change, it should just be a bit smoother and has taken some of the sensor sensitivity away with certain motors.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Thats not his hole question if you look back a few post. The problem he is getting, and myself, is the lack of delay to go into reverse. There is some yes but not enough so that if you brake, go to neutral then go back onto the brakes the car will go into reverse causing all the problems you mention. This can happen still with plenty of speed rotating through the motor despite the manuel saying this can't happen if the motor is still rotating forward.
I posted exactly the same several months ago. Cobra said that Michael was going to solve this in a future firmware, but this never happened. But hey! Their main commitment is the customer support... maybe yes, but only when the customer is not using the forward/brake/reverse mode
Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gusi
I posted exactly the same several months ago. Cobra said that Michael was going to solve this in a future firmware, but this never happened. But hey! Their main commitment is the customer support... maybe yes, but only when the customer is not using the forward/brake/reverse mode
I am not going to fix the delay the way you want me to do it as i will have others complaining about more delay then someone else to much delay how much delay is enough so what i will do is create a reverse delay the same way we have the turbo delay with probably 4 options 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4 sec thats the best i can do as i know you will complain again that there is not enough delay if we implement the delay ourselves and then someone else will complain oh i have too much delay and why etc etc .I have to cater for all customers not just one individual i hope you understand the way i do it will work for all .

Have a good weekend

Best regards
Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

v3-508 ran great last night. Brakes are much appreciated!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran the 930 stock software with a 4.5 last night. The only difference I noticed was when accelerating onto the straight it made the usual noise then got quieter as it wound out down the straight.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Xtreme stock esc

hello everyone im in need of some help i have just fitted a hobby wings xtream stock esc in my sons xray t3r with an lrp x11 21.5 motor im after some info on what is the latest software for timing adv and turbo and some setup help with gearing for a 20 x 12 m indoor carpet track.

as i have not used this setup before im open to all the help i can get thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I am not going to fix the delay the way you want me to do it as i will have others complaining about more delay then someone else to much delay how much delay is enough so what i will do is create a reverse delay the same way we have the turbo delay with probably 4 options 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4 sec thats the best i can do as i know you will complain again that there is not enough delay if we implement the delay ourselves and then someone else will complain oh i have too much delay and why etc etc .I have to cater for all customers not just one individual i hope you understand the way i do it will work for all .

Have a good weekend

Best regards
Having a speed controller go into reverse while there motor is still running at very high rev's is unacceptable and a major flaw in the product and not just people being fussy. I resent the implied comment that it is. It has not only already cause my car damage but has also cause problems for other drivers following me into a corner. A double tap on the brake is not an unusual style of driving either.

The problem isn't the delay its the reversing while the motor is still at very high rpm. Surly its easy enough to tell the controller to not switch while its still sensing rpm's?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Having a speed controller go into reverse while there motor is still running at very high rev's is unacceptable and a major flaw in the product and not just people being fussy. I resent the implied comment that it is. It has not only already cause my car damage but has also cause problems for other drivers following me into a corner. A double tap on the brake is not an unusual style of driving either.

The problem isn't the delay its the reversing while the motor is still at very high rpm. Surly its easy enough to tell the controller to not switch while its still sensing rpm's?
At my track reverse is a big etiquette no-no. Lock it out and you can have all the brakes you want.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MC112b
At my track reverse is a big etiquette no-no. Lock it out and you can have all the brakes you want.
Reverse is banned for racing here to but not for practice, which is where i use it as do many others.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I sent a PM to Cherry about his offer to reserve a v3 speedo, and since then total silence. Does anyone know if he is OK, and has anyone else had a reply?

Hobbywing customer service over here is a bit hit and miss, but I would like to 'hit' a bit more often...
Old 10-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Reverse is banned for racing here to but not for practice, which is where i use it as do many others.
Your going on about reverse is starting to get as annoying as Irgo and his data logger RANTS.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

+1

And I must say that the manual of the xerun tells that the ESC monitors the motor to prevent to enter reverse when its still rotating, and obviously it isn't monitoring it.

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Your going on about reverse is starting to get as annoying as Irgo and his data logger RANTS.

Why we can't complain about a feature that is listed in the official product manual? This is not a new feature that we are asking for, is a feature that must be working by contract and it is not.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

This discussion is ridiculous. If you want to be going flat out and then double tap the brakes and hit reverse then that is your own problem imo. WHO DRIVES LIKE THIS ANYWAY?

The easiest thing for HW to do would be to disable turbo and boost functions if you have reverse enabled. This is a racing controller. Yes they have left over some features from the early series of esc they made but In racing, reverse is banned. So you really should not be using it even in practice as good practice simulates racing anyway. If you were using reverse at my track on a practice day and you reversed into my car and did damage i would expect compensation as you are doing the wrong thing. I do not know anyone that uses reverse even on a practice day.

The fact you even have a forum like this to give some form of feedback that anyone from HW even listens to should not be taken for granted and used to have a go at Angelo for trivial things such as this. I would hazard a guess and say 95% of HW users dont care about this issue as they are smart enough to have reverse disableD as it is ILLEGAL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.