Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Toe

Is there a difference in when setting toe out using in-board toe out vs tout board toe out? For example, If I wanted 1 deg of front toe out, can I do it either way, meaning:

Option 1: have front in-board toe in of 1 deg., and 0 outboard

Option 2: have 1 deg outboard toe out and 0 deg inboard

Will either way yield the same results perfomance wise, or although both will give me 1 deg toe out, each option will make the car perform differently...thx
Old 05-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Inboard and outboard toe are two different adjustments. Especially in the front of the car. In the front we call it arm sweep. And it changes a lot more than front toe. We don't really use it for toe adjustments at all. That's what your steering links are for. It changes the path the suspension travels when compressed. Generally, a little forward arm sweep will give more steering all around. But it's a driver preference thing. A lot of guys don't like the way it feels. I haven't tried it on the new car yet (I had plenty of steering at Reedy!) but I really liked it on the old car. In the rear, we only use inboard toe (right now) to adjust rear toe. I don't know if there's going to be an option for different rear hub carriers for outboard toe adjustments in the rear.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GET PAID TO DEMONSTRATE NITRO RC VEHICLES for 8 weeks!!

Still looking for someone to travel with a mobile marketing tour for a RC vehicle which will be following the Vans Warped Tour. This is a nicely paid 8 week gig! Starting in the next two weeks and wrapping up July 29th! Need some experienced RC drivers to demonstrate the vehicles to crowds of people! Please call me ASAP if interested for more details at 314-997-0101 x 220 or send me an e-mail to [email protected].
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Inboard and outboard toe are two different adjustments. Especially in the front of the car. In the front we call it arm sweep. And it changes a lot more than front toe. We don't really use it for toe adjustments at all. That's what your steering links are for. It changes the path the suspension travels when compressed. Generally, a little forward arm sweep will give more steering all around. But it's a driver preference thing. A lot of guys don't like the way it feels. I haven't tried it on the new car yet (I had plenty of steering at Reedy!) but I really liked it on the old car. In the rear, we only use inboard toe (right now) to adjust rear toe. I don't know if there's going to be an option for different rear hub carriers for outboard toe adjustments in the rear.
Thanks Jon...well the Hb Cyclones run 2.5 deg block of front inboard toe, or as you refer to it "sweep", and it comes stock like that. I have driven them and they have lots of steering...it seems to work fine for their cars...just wondering what inboard/outboard toe changes affect. It seems like increasing front inboard toe, will also alter your ackerman, droop and caster and camber...but you can easily re-adjust them to what you had before and increase the front sweep for more steering, I guess...

Have you posted you set-ups from the Reedy yet?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

I haven't posted anything yet but if you Email me ([email protected]) I'll send you the word doc of the setup. I don't have the right software to make pdf files of the setup sheets.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by julie.doherty@p
Still looking for someone to travel with a mobile marketing tour for a RC vehicle which will be following the Vans Warped Tour. This is a nicely paid 8 week gig! Starting in the next two weeks and wrapping up July 29th! Need some experienced RC drivers to demonstrate the vehicles to crowds of people! Please call me ASAP if interested for more details at 314-997-0101 x 220 or send me an e-mail to [email protected].

geez Grandma . . .I told you to stay off the hash.

Please don't pay any attention to her. Were trying to ween her off the internet and she is refusing to take her medication. What a shame to the Doherty name.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I haven't posted anything yet but if you Email me ([email protected]) I'll send you the word doc of the setup. I don't have the right software to make pdf files of the setup sheets.
you got mail
Old 05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

BTW- anyone who I've sent my setup to. There's a typo on it. Ride height on the rear should be 5mm w/ 8mm droop, chassis to floor. (3mm true droop.)
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
you got mail
Back at ya.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Back at ya.
thanks westside
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Well, just tried messing with rebound on the shocks with o-rings. using HPI P-3 black low friction o-rings on the cap gives about 40% rebound on my shocks...much more than what I expected. Also, they sound a little funny when they compress; they make a slight squishing noise- got scared and thought it was bubbles, but after opening and checking the shocks, there were no bubbles. Rebuild shocks and its just something I'll have to deal with using the o-rings....but so much rebound?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

BTW- anyone who I've sent my setup to. There's a typo on it. Ride height on the rear should be 5mm w/ 8mm droop, chassis to floor. (3mm true droop.)
just got your mail. Thanks for the set-up. A quick question, when you say the rear is 8mm with chassis to floor, do you mean 3mm above 5mm ride height?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Yup.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
just got your mail. Thanks for the set-up. A quick question, when you say the rear is 8mm with chassis to floor, do you mean 3mm above 5mm ride height?
yes same answer that you got in page 654
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yes same answer that you got in page 654
Just making sure...you wont belive how many "good" drivers down here give some strange explanation of what that means...some measure droop using the Xray manual method, which instructs one to remove shocks and use droop gauge. Others use the magic "David Jun" formula, etc...others have some other methods, but opposite of this...just making sure...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.