Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beanster
Rick thanks for sending me the set up so quickly. One question I have is what is a slipper spool?? is this a stock diff ran tightly?? Thanks Matt
The slipper spool comes stock in the new TC5 kits. The slipper spool uses normal diff parts and outdrives, but the standard diff rings are replaces with slipper spool pads. When locked down, there is no slip other than some small give when you take a hard front end hit. This give protects prevents the blades from breaking and chewing up the outdrives.

There is no difference in performance or feel between the standard spool and the slipper spool.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The slipper spool comes stock in the new TC5 kits. The slipper spool uses normal diff parts and outdrives, but the standard diff rings are replaces with slipper spool pads. When locked down, there is no slip other than some small give when you take a hard front end hit. This give protects prevents the blades from breaking and chewing up the outdrives.

There is no difference in performance or feel between the standard spool and the slipper spool.
Hey Rick...any aluminum rear hubs in the works? What about tougher caster blocks? That seems to be the weakest point in the car, and they are very thin compared to others it seems to me. Will this be updated or its not something AE feels is an issue at the moment?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Hey Rick...any aluminum rear hubs in the works? What about tougher caster blocks? That seems to be the weakest point in the car, and they are very thin compared to others it seems to me. Will this be updated or its not something AE feels is an issue at the moment?
I only race 10.5 but Ive never broken a part on the car (in 6 months) other then the CVD blades. Ive since gone back to the plastic outdirves and a JAAD racing spool up front and not had problems. I think the car is very strong. In Mod I think there is always going to be a weak part. Something has to give.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I only race 10.5 but Ive never broken a part on the car (in 6 months) other then the CVD blades. Ive since gone back to the plastic outdirves and a JAAD racing spool up front and not had problems. I think the car is very strong. In Mod I think there is always going to be a weak part. Something has to give.
My buddy Sonic31 runs his Tc5 with the new JAAD spool and P-Dub bumper and its nice...should defenitely help the car hold up much better. The only thing he's broken in about 3 months of weekly running with it is a C-hub...light tap at bad angle...the C-hubs just look very thin compared to other cars, and just wondering if AE thinks its something worth looking into
Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

My buddy Sonic31 runs his Tc5 with the new JAAD spool and P-Dub bumper and its nice...should defenitely help the car hold up much better. The only thing he's broken in about 3 months of weekly running with it is a C-hub...light tap at bad angle...the C-hubs just look very thin compared to other cars, and just wondering if AE thinks its something worth looking into
I have found that when I break a frot end part, it is the arm rather than the caster block. But the hard caster blocks definitely seem stronger.

We are always looking at improvements but I am not sure exactly what the engineering department is up to but I think the front end are can always be stronger.

I don't use one, but from what I have heard, the P-Dub bumper is very good at preventing breakage in the front end.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can email it to anyone who wants it. It will also be posted on AE's site eventually.
[email protected]
-
Many Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have found that when I break a frot end part, it is the arm rather than the caster block. But the hard caster blocks definitely seem stronger.

We are always looking at improvements but I am not sure exactly what the engineering department is up to but I think the front end are can always be stronger.

I don't use one, but from what I have heard, the P-Dub bumper is very good at preventing breakage in the front end.

So is the team running the hard caster blocks now for rubber racing?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King
So is the team running the hard caster blocks now for rubber racing?
I am because I think they work better. I would use the soft ones if I thought they were an advantage.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Rick H! I would love a copy of that Reedy setup as well. Converting the car back to asphalt...Thanks
[email protected]
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey rick, may i get a copy my self? thanks a bunch
josh

[email protected]
Old 06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

That is a good point. I am running the p-dub bumper. Im sure it helps a lot. Plus the way the bumper in general attaches to the TC5 I think it holds up better.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

where can u get the p-dub bumper, every time i go to the website, its out of stock.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by losithrasher
where can u get the p-dub bumper, every time i go to the website, its out of stock.
Here you go:

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...a73eac89daab88
Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I found that I need to shave the P-Dub bumper quite a bit to get it to fit under a shell, specifically my Mazda 6, however it is still worth the cost IMO.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I found that I need to shave the P-Dub bumper quite a bit to get it to fit under a shell, specifically my Mazda 6, however it is still worth the cost IMO.
Ive used it with a Speed6 and Mazda6 and not had to shave anything off the bumper. Its a perfect fit. That is for rubber tire though. Not sure about foams. Which were you referring to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.