Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
The reason both the Sauber and Williams decals were discontinued is because of licensing issues. I have been served cease and desist letters by both teams. I may be able to arrange licensing with Sauber but Williams is crazy greedy and I will unlikely be able to deal with them
Hopefully we don't have any more issues
It is an unfortunate catch22...If companies like Williams were to let licensing slide then big companies like Tyco or Mattel would take advantage of that and make huge profits off of the Williams name. But on the flip side if they are strict on it then it hurts the little guys like Brad and the hobbyists who want to emulate their 1:1 heroes. It is a lose/lose situation no matter what
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simmo0916
Hi Guys!

After a little more advice - And asking some silly questions.

Firstly, Im about to order my TRF101 from Brad - Is it worth getting the hop up screw set before I start putting it together, Or are the screws it comes with more than good enough?

Secondly - Im getting the REEDY Sonic Mach 2 21.5T motor - Do I need to be able to solder to get this all fitted? As I can't solder.
Anyone know of any guides for this?

Many Thanks!

Alex
No need to get the hop up screw set. The stock hex hardware is actually very nice. The screws all have a nice finish to them.

Only time I would upgrade is if you had the other Tamiya F1 kits that has the Philips-style screws.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is sad to hear that some teams don't want to make exceptions especially for something that deepens the relationship to their fans. There should be exceptions for niche products like yours as long as you don't get richt from them.
On the other hand I can understand the team reaction if you didn't ask them for permission...
I hope you can seal a deal that is good for the sport and the hobby!

Today my TRG Brabham body arrived. For everyone who isn't sure about the quality or if it is worth the money I made some pictures. I for myself am positive surprised! For 25$ (without shipping) I got a highly detailed body, an satisfying sticker set and a lot of plastic parts, including wing and body attachment, two different driver helmets and the screws to bring it all together. If I compare it to the price of a Tamiya Ferrari F60 body set that comes in at 41€ (without shipping) in Germany it is quite a good deal

Now some pictures:

I will use that body for my new F1 project that is more focussed on speed than beeing a 1/10 scale replica of the original. More information to come if my chassis arrives
Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Suspended

Ho again!

Thanks for the answers to my previous questions... But I need another answering!

It may be obvious, But im looking at the Savox SC1252 servo. It has all the info stating @6.0v - Does this mean that a 7.4v lipo battery would blow it?
Do I need to find a servo that states it is lipo ready?

Once again, Many thanks!

Alex
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
It is sad to hear that some teams don't want to make exceptions especially for something that deepens the relationship to their fans. There should be exceptions for niche products like yours as long as you don't get richt from them.
On the other hand I can understand the team reaction if you didn't ask them for permission...
I hope you can seal a deal that is good for the sport and the hobby!

Today my TRG Brabham body arrived. For everyone who isn't sure about the quality or if it is worth the money I made some pictures. I for myself am positive surprised! For 25$ (without shipping) I got a highly detailed body, an satisfying sticker set and a lot of plastic parts, including wing and body attachment, two different driver helmets and the screws to bring it all together. If I compare it to the price of a Tamiya Ferrari F60 body set that comes in at 41€ (without shipping) in Germany it is quite a good deal

Now some pictures:

I will use that body for my new F1 project that is more focussed on speed than beeing a 1/10 scale replica of the original. More information to come if my chassis arrives
Very nice !
Where did you get it ? (the cat is included in the kit ? )
Old 07-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ho again!

Thanks for the answers to my previous questions... But I need another answering!

It may be obvious, But im looking at the Savox SC1252 servo. It has all the info stating @6.0v - Does this mean that a 7.4v lipo battery would blow it?

Once again, Many thanks!

Alex
A servo doesn't get his power directly from the battery, this comes from the ESC and the power depends on how the BEC is from your ESC.

Hope this helps
Old 07-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

The reason both the Sauber and Williams decals were discontinued is because of licensing issues. I have been served cease and desist letters by both teams. I may be able to arrange licensing with Sauber but Williams is crazy greedy and I will unlikely be able to deal with them
Back in the 1980s, I knew someone that made stickers for full size race cars. He started making replica NASCAR stickers for 1/10 cars. He had a good business until he made a deal with a large distributor/online seller. Within a few months, he was ordered to shut it down. Sponsors pay big bucks to get their logos on cars, give out free stuff with their logos out to increase their visibility. Have people calculate how much their visibility on TV is worth. And I know they have marketing deals with the race teams. Oh and we have lawyers involved, so forget logic. But when someone is willing to put their logo on a RC car it is a big deal. O could wear a hat or shirt with the logo, but heaven help us if we put it on a RC car.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
Very nice !
Where did you get it ? (the cat is included in the kit ? )
Of course. A random cat is added for every overseas order, but for internet use only!

I bought the body here:
http://www.rcmart.com/trg3010-body-b...?cPath=438_883

It took only 11 days from order to delivery (from HK to Germany).
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ho again!

Once again, Many thanks!

Alex
It is my understanding that the 1252 is a replacement for the 1251, but they are essentially the same servo I have pretty much been running the 1251 exclusively with no problems
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Is the BT45 for a wide or narrow F104?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

I think is for wide cars, F104W/F103, but maybe you can use it with 180 mm cars.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

..just sell them on the "black market"..at the track........pretty sure Williams and Sauber wont be at the track to make sure there are no back door deals.......
Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Does anyone still have stock of the Williams Decal sheets? I want one
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Got my F104v2 on the track for the first time this past week. Tons of fun!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I remember when Autographics stopped making the Goodwrench decals. In response to the issues, they made "GoodWreck" and then had seperate "nch" on the sheet as well. You could but the "ck" off and add "nch" and have "Goodwrench" again. I don't know if this garnered a response from authority-types or not. BoLINK (now known as RJSpeed) had issues with at least one full-size car manufacturer for selling a copy of one of their cars with the car's name on it. If you check out www.TheLastOpenRoad.com, you'll find a book called "Montezuma's Ferrari". The author was served with a cease and desist letter regarding his logo, which has a vague resemblance to the Ferrari logo, but is made of chili peppers. I can't say I'm surprised. If Brad's decals were crap and no one liked them, that would be one thing. Since they're great and everyone buys them, Bernie and his F1 Nazis want their pound of flesh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.