Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

G'day cyclone fans...
I'm looking for the tech reason why we use one way centre....

I run a andy moore on rubber, on a sotra tight asphalt track with a one way fnt diff, and only use 20% drag brake on 3 corners ther rest i can roll off power.and i have aggressive driving style....if i try any more brake than that, yep arss end comes round.

Question should i take centre one way out, or leave in.and why ????

PS always looking for more turn in, any recomndations for this set up...
Now i have a good chasie set up, and lovin my cyclone, but lookin for more...
CHEERS.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi ROV
I asked this same question on the TRF thread about 8 months ago and Bender was able to give me some great advice, I was amazed in the difference that the car handled between changes.

Here is what Bender said

When you have both the centre and front one-ways in, you get maximum turn-in from the car, plus maximum drive train efficiency, however brakes are practically non-existant - ie: you'll spin the rear round as soon as you touch them.

If you use a spool up front them you should always run the locked centre pulley. If you run a spool with the centre one-way pulley then you'll have no brakes, therefore losing all the advantage of running a spool in the first place.

If you run a diff up front you should also run the locked centre pulley - because at least you have brakes. If you run a front diff with a centre one-way then again you have no braking, plus you'll also have poor mid/exit corner steering.

In summary, my recommendations on combination are:

Front one-way with centre one-way : maximum turn in + efficiency + speed - no good if you need brakes or can't drive smoothly.

Front one-way with locked centre pulley: a bit less turn-in than above but otherwise similar. When I ran the MSX I always used both one-ways together.

Front spool with centre locked pulley : maximum mid/exit corner steering, strong brakes, but poor efficiency and hard on the drivetrain components.

Front diff with centre locked pulley: good brakes, easier to drive, but generally pretty poor steering everywhere - easiest on the car in terms of drivetrain wear.

Now this guy know's his stuff, and I have used it all.
I used this on my MRE/MSX and now my Cyclone,
As far as Turn in goes, I added 1.5 shims under my pivot blocks and what a difference it made, do you use them at all?
Hope this helps
Addam
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Cyclone owners:

I'm looking for the sway bars holders of the Cyclone, as they have a set-screw on them and are similar to the ones on the 415MSX (that doesn't and thus the sway bar moves a lot within the free space, specially if they are the thin ones)... can someone provide me the ref. number of them (or from the plastic tree that have them in)??

Thanks a lot,
al
Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wing Chun
Hi Barber
I sent you a few, 2 of them are from Simon Feigl that he sent me. The one for low grip bumpy is the one I used so thank you Simon
It is one of the best alround setups I have ever used on any car that I have raced.
Here is a link to some of Simons setups

http://www.rcracer.com.au/forum/view...4511&start=220

Addam
Glad you like it mate.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rampal
Hi Cyclone owners:

I'm looking for the sway bars holders of the Cyclone, as they have a set-screw on them and are similar to the ones on the 415MSX (that doesn't and thus the sway bar moves a lot within the free space, specially if they are the thin ones)... can someone provide me the ref. number of them (or from the plastic tree that have them in)??

Thanks a lot,
al
The partnumber in the manual is: 70741.
It probably is a rack of plastic parts since the parts (plastic piece in front and behind the swaybar) has the numbers '1' and '2' standing next to it.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thraex
It probably is a rack of plastic parts since the parts (plastic piece in front and behind the swaybar) has the numbers '1' and '2' standing next to it.
perfect. Thanks!

cheers,
al
Old 05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Cheers wing chun.
Sounds Good
And no i have not yet use shims,, should i use them all round or fnt or rear.
But i'm always keen to give it all a go,
so i take it that pro4 shims will work cayse i can borrow a set of them and give them a whirl...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wing Chun
As far as Turn in goes, I added 1.5 shims under my pivot blocks and what a difference it made, do you use them at all?
Hope this helps
Addam
Wing Chun, do you use any shims under the front and rear blocks as well as the pivot blocks, or are you only spacing the pivot blocks themselves?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thraex
Does anyone have a spare set of these that would like to put them on an envelope and send them to me? (Please PM if so. thanks). they cost just 2 bucks in majority of web stores, however they simply kill me with the shipping to spain... and a letter perhaps only cost another pair of bucks... if only liquidrc has them in stock...

cheers,
al
Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

servo arm touching drive belt

Am I the only one with my cyclone drive belt touching the servo arm by the screw
wat about the shocks having to much play by the purple shock end ball.

cheers robert
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barber
Am I the only one with my cyclone drive belt touching the servo arm by the screw
wat about the shocks having to much play by the purple shock end ball.

cheers robert
i trim mine down to clear the belt
Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Will version 1 heavy duty steel dogbones work with version 3 (moorespeed style) spool work together?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by senna555
Will version 1 heavy duty steel dogbones work with version 3 (moorespeed style) spool work together?

Thanks
probably not the version 1 had a smaller diameter pin that the version 2 it will work but you will have more play, you will be better to get the version 2 steel dogbones
Old 05-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have any experience with a 3racing spool? Or any other ideas for a spool with replaceable drive cups. I'm getting tired of waiting for the WCE spool to be in stock anywhere.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by g_mabry
Does anyone have any experience with a 3racing spool? Or any other ideas for a spool with replaceable drive cups. I'm getting tired of waiting for the WCE spool to be in stock anywhere.
BMI made a spool for the Cyclone , i had one and it lasted forever running mod, send protc3 a pm he might be able to get one for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.