Old 09-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

me, o yeah and then i woke up.

Maybe one day
Old 09-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I will be there!!!!

I ran my "Vegas" car today with a fully "carpet car" (chassis, top deck and both shock towers)

I basically rebuilt a whole new car and it felt really good, but the chassis does make the car much more aggresive. I found that I had to settle the front end down a bit to make it easier to drive.

I had a slight mid corner on power push....that could have been our bite at our local track.....but it felt like i had a little too much steering up front and I was scrubbing some speed. (5 degrees would be PERFECT!!!)

But this was my personal best with a 19T on our Vegas layout....so i was very happy with the car.

For those going to Vegas - i saw a almost complete chub from Team Tamale - they are gonna be perfect!!!!

He will have approximately 25 sets. I have him making what people have told me they wanted, so shoot me a PM to make sure you are "on the list"

mcgoo
Old 09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
I will be there!!!!

I ran my "Vegas" car today with a fully "carpet car" (chassis, top deck and both shock towers)

I basically rebuilt a whole new car and it felt really good, but the chassis does make the car much more aggresive. I found that I had to settle the front end down a bit to make it easier to drive.

I had a slight mid corner on power push....that could have been our bite at our local track.....but it felt like i had a little too much steering up front and I was scrubbing some speed. (5 degrees would be PERFECT!!!)

But this was my personal best with a 19T on our Vegas layout....so i was very happy with the car.
For those going to Vegas - i saw a almost complete chub from Team Tamale - they are gonna be perfect!!!!

He will have approximately 25 sets. I have him making what people have told me they wanted, so shoot me a PM to make sure you are "on the list"

mcgoo
Are you trying to turn Larry to the "Brits"?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Are you trying to turn Larry to the "Brits"?
nahhh, he is a lost cause....but I don't mind if he makes us some trick parts.....
Old 09-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've seen a lot of talk about the new shock towers lately. Whats the purpose of the new shock towers? All I know about them is that they are lower.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i am there. in heat one of 1/12 and heat one of stock foam. lucky me
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I've seen a lot of talk about the new shock towers lately. Whats the purpose of the new shock towers? All I know about them is that they are lower.

they are lower obviously.........but they allow for some different angle shock adjustments, which in turn will allow just a few more tuning options. When i ran my yesterday, the closest angle to the regular shock tower definitely gave me a little more aggressive feel. I definitely need to make a few more adjustments to make the front tower work....

mcgoo
Old 09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Default wing

Hi Dudes
hope you all allright...I'm using hotbodies new speed6 copy mazda bodyshell with high downforce rear wing on carpet track and just had my second carpet meeting car is almost planted but again wondering does that high downforce rear wing slow my car down? which wing you usually prefer high,medium or low downforce rear wing on Carpet track???
Which bodyshell you think is the best on Carpet???
thanx in advanced
Old 09-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yokemad
Hi Dudes
hope you all allright...I'm using hotbodies new speed6 copy mazda bodyshell with high downforce rear wing on carpet track and just had my second carpet meeting car is almost planted but again wondering does that high downforce rear wing slow my car down? which wing you usually prefer high,medium or low downforce rear wing on Carpet track???
Which bodyshell you think is the best on Carpet???
thanx in advanced
Depending on what you are considering planted or too planted. If the rear of the car is not rotating as well as you would like you can play with the position of the wing. Move it closer to the front of the car and the car should rotate a bit easier. As well, move it back and the rear of the car should feel a little slower coming around. As far as modifications to the actual wing however you have little options as the wing is usually teched and should be certain width and no higher than a particular hight. You may be able to shim the wing up or down but you will have to stay within regulation, so be sure the inquire with your track officials.

~ Jedi
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Depending on what you are considering planted or too planted. If the rear of the car is not rotating as well as you would like you can play with the position of the wing. Move it closer to the front of the car and the car should rotate a bit easier. As well, move it back and the rear of the car should feel a little slower coming around. As far as modifications to the actual wing however you have little options as the wing is usually teched and should be certain width and no higher than a particular hight. You may be able to shim the wing up or down but you will have to stay within regulation, so be sure the inquire with your track officials.

~ Jedi
?? i didnt know you still raced?? lol see yah at superiors!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Here you go guys: http://www.centralbooking.org/rcracing.tv/
Check episodes 2 and 3 for some historic information directly from the company's founder Cecil Schumacher.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

I still got my precious Schumacher Cat XL
Old 09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

good luck to everyone heading out to Vegas this week
Old 09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey adam did u get my email?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.