Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMK
Pretty busy doing other projects, but when I get some time, I can scan the old catalogs and post them. Pretty certain I have the Parma, MRP, Bolink body photos.

I'll take a look for the Delta speed control, (this thing is huge in size by todays standards, and somewhere I should have a never run Delta IFS setup. Who knows what else.

I believe there is a 12e kicking around also, has the optional top deck from AE. That car has entertained many young drivers, and the parents return it after the kids grow out of it.

PK
I have a page from a Parma catalog,but I sure there are more 1/12th bodies from them.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-parma112bodies.jpg  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
You are right about the milled parts ,it is only the sides. I have all three and the Magnesium is about a third of the weight of the cast alloy piece. I shouldn`t really call it pot metal I guess,but it not that far from it.
The milled pieces showed up in 1984 on the team MK2 cars but didnt make it to production untill the Plazma MK3 Limited.
I know there are other option parts out there for Plazmas,but the only ones I really know for sure from Kyosho are the short top deck and Magnesium Pod/gearbox. There is a short top deck on Ebay now.It doesn`t wrap all the way around the speed control servo like the kits pieces. It was for the Mark 1 Plazma so you could get rid of the long top deck and servo saver. Using a directly mounted steering servo.
I went to Ebay, all I found was the regular top deck that has the slot for the throttle servo. To this day, I've never seen an upper plate that didn't have the slot other than those that have the slot cut off the normal kit upper plate. I've got my Plazma parts scattered all over. Need to find dig up those carbon chassis plates and put it together with the aluminum pod plates and get one good car put together.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I went to Ebay, all I found was the regular top deck that has the slot for the throttle servo. To this day, I've never seen an upper plate that didn't have the slot other than those that have the slot cut off the normal kit upper plate. I've got my Plazma parts scattered all over. Need to find dig up those carbon chassis plates and put it together with the aluminum pod plates and get one good car put together.
Here is the chassis plate.And cheap too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-EF119-Pla...item43a11a5530
You can still mount the throttle servo to it but it is short.
I see alot of MK1 Plazmas using this here in Japan.

On a different note you can see Koma`s team car here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3737348...in/photostream

You can see the milled gear box and how the front of the chassis is cut so the corners don`t rub,and the alloy spring holder. I am not sure of the rear axle. I have aMugen with the same Red alloy rear axle. I am not sure if this is a Kyosho part or not.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 08-16-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

My Mugen waiting to be cleaned up. Gold parts are Tech Racing but the axle I believe is from somewhere else
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-pic_0115.jpg  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Here is the chassis plate.And cheap too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-EF119-Pla...item43a11a5530
You can still mount the throttle servo to it but it is short.
I see alot of MK1 Plazmas using this here in Japan.

On a different note you can see Koma`s team car here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3737348...in/photostream

You can see the milled gear box and how the front of the chassis is cut so the corners don`t rub,and the alloy spring holder. I am not sure of the rear axle. I have aMugen with the same Red alloy rear axle. I am not sure if this is a Kyosho part or not.
Thanks for the link.

At the same time there's another listing on Ebay for the standard kit plate for just $4.99 with free shipping. The plate you're talking about looks like the standard kit plate with the servo slot portion milled off at the factory. Not sure if that is worth the extra $17.

The alloy standoffs look interesting on Koma's car. I'll have to see who's alloy standoff would work. I think I can find those from XRay.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 08-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

My Mugen waiting to be cleaned up. Gold parts are Tech Racing but the axle I believe is from somewhere else
I've been trying to find a way to put a ball diff on the Plazma for years short of taking it off my Axis EX museum piece. I thought the Kawada would work but the offset and hex size on the wheel hubs are different.

Looking at your Mugen makes want to get back to restoring my AYK Cyclone. It needs to have new chassis plates. Just a matter of cutting them from raw graphite plate. So much to do and yet the years just go by.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

I've been trying to find a way to put a ball diff on the Plazma for years short of taking it off my Axis EX museum piece. I thought the Kawada would work but the offset and hex size on the wheel hubs are different.

Looking at your Mugen makes want to get back to restoring my AYK Cyclone. It needs to have new chassis plates. Just a matter of cutting them from raw graphite plate. So much to do and yet the years just go by.
Too true! My Delta has been waiting restoration for years. I keep saying I'll get to it, but it never makes it to the top of the list.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the link.

At the same time there's another listing on Ebay for the standard kit plate for just $4.99 with free shipping. The plate you're talking about looks like the standard kit plate with the servo slot portion milled off at the factory. Not sure if that is worth the extra $17.

The alloy standoffs look interesting on Koma's car. I'll have to see who's alloy standoff would work. I think I can find those from XRay.
Any stand off will work the right size will work. I have used stand offs from Helo`s before. They come in different legnths so you just order the stand off by the selves.
The short top deck inst really important. I like the longer one personally just for looks.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had to make mine,Kawada axles are also inch.
Sorry I have been able to find the drawing of the Cyclone plates,but i keep it in mind when I tall to the right people.
I have a friend now that did the box art work and catalogs for AYK,but he doesn`t have any of the working drawing for chassis themselves.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Just found some of my 1/12th pictures from around 1983. Iīm pretty sure this is the Bolink Porsche as I had several other Bolink bodies as the Schkee and TOJ. But I donīt remember buying any Parma bodies back in the days.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-porsche_1024.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I loved the old Parma Porsche 962 bodies. Ran them for years on my Parma Suspension Panther and Euro Panthers.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by V12
Just found some of my 1/12th pictures from around 1983. Iīm pretty sure this is the Bolink Porsche as I had several other Bolink bodies as the Schkee and TOJ. But I donīt remember buying any Parma bodies back in the days.
I'm 99% positive this to be a Parma Porsche....but.... about the Schkee... I'm under the impression the 2 bodies (parma - bolink) to be the same...
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

These are a few years old, when I was taking the Fantom out a bit more often. New Corrally foams epoxied onto handiplast tape over the original rims. Easy removal later to save/reuse the wheels

Difference between Fantom and the Tamiya 956

My absolute favourite car, my RM1. The Tamiya importer was so pleased to see me using it I was allowed to enter the 1/10 Tamiya Cup in 2007 with it.

Cool scale
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Simply awesome.
Thanks !

Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Classic Kyosho Plazma video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.