Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Nicely blurred out yok rear suspension also
I didn't notice that! I did notice new shock tower, new bulk heads, new motor mount?? new sway bar mount, and???

Here is another little blurry pic I found...

T.O.P. PHOTON EX-top.jpg
Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Mr.A Morris;12492039]
Originally Posted by bpalmer
+1 ..my chassis has been sitting in a box for over a year now. one problem after another after another. had to use the shocks off of my old photon chassis just to keep from scraping my chassis. finally found splintered carbon graphite
o the bottom side of upper brace. right next to where many of the holes are drilled. This pos has driven me right out of tc and most likely will not go back. I do not feel it would be right to sell this pos to anyone else. So in the mean time i went to 1/12th scale in winter and run open 4x4 slash in summer in the on road class. Both of these vehicle absolutely shame anything i ever had from top as far as quality.[/QUOTE

Your issue stands from one thing. Bad shock collars.. DID you know they replaced all of those less than a month out... and it was FREE......... That was really the only issue with the car. The rest sounds like set up issues.....
Sorry for your frustration...all you had to do was 1. post on here your issue and you would have been taken care of or 2. call TOP directly they would have fix it for you FOR FREE!! So please don't come on the forum and just bash when TOP has some of the best customer service out there. Just my .2
yea ummm 1 issue..? dont think so.. even after replacing shocks from my other photon ...car was very very inconsitent. using set up from my other photon and using setups other folks have posted this car would be inconsistent. be great for 2 laps,then become hard to hang on to. ever since day 1 .. finally found the upper brace was spintered around several of the mounting holes on the bottom side of the brace. didnt come on here and bash,just stating the facts. sorry that you are so sensitive and your feelings were hurt. my 1st photon was a joy to run, this one was a pos right from the start.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

HI !

I've got a EX for testing.

Now i need a Setup for 17,5 Blinky on LRP CPX tyres.

Track: indoor-racing-senden (website www indoor-racing-senden de) (low - medium grip)

Any recommondations ?!

regards
Stefan
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default T.O.P. Photon EX Lemon?

Did I waste my money on this chassis? The thread is dead!!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

The car is a very good, fast and easy to drive. The EX chassis has been out for a few years now, and the thread has been really quiet. But if you have any questions im sure someone would jump on and answer them.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Any new info about the new car?
Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I haven't really heard anything or seen anything else on line other than what I already posted.. I was told it really depends on how the "high Ups" like the prototype, and what changes they are asking for. It will be interesting to see how EJ does with it at IIC. Who knows might actually get a picture!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benTC5
Did I waste my money on this chassis? The thread is dead!!!!
Hi Ben
The car is great no matter if the thread is active or not
Do You have a question or some tips/stories to share, please feel free, and everyone will come in and do their best to answer them.
Remember this is a forum, not a manufacturer homepage

Best regards
Søren
Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Soren,
Was just wondering that's all. My car is actually very good! A few setup changes from the kit setup and that's it! In S.A everybody has jumped on the x-ray wagon, I will stick with the PHOTON, very good car indeed!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benTC5
Hi Soren,
Was just wondering that's all. My car is actually very good! A few setup changes from the kit setup and that's it! In S.A everybody has jumped on the x-ray wagon, I will stick with the PHOTON, very good car indeed!
Hi Ben
I totally agree with You
Old 10-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello guys! I will start the new season with the TOP Photon ex. I was running with xray for 5 years and its my first time with an other manufactor. I will receive my new car in a few days and i would like to tell me if the car needs any modifications or some necessary options. Thanx
Old 11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Anyone have any good tips for building a leak free Photon gear diff?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

Thanks!
yes get one from the yokomo bd5/bd7, they fit straight in,shim properly side to side, leak problem solved

if I have 1 gripe about the photon it is the gear diff, I have tried many way's to try & stop them leaking all to no avail
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan

Thanks!
Hi Dan
2 things You can try.
Put the big o-ring and the 2 small o-rings in some WD40 overnight. They will grow a little.
The other thing is to superglue the big o-ring to the diff housing, but be carefull.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks!

I put the O-rings into a tiny bag and filled it with WD40. Going to assemble the diff tomorrow. If all else fails, I'll order the Yokomo diff. Haven't heard leakage issues with BD7 owners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.