Old 09-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I found the body here with a quick search:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-MONSTER...wAAOSw1ZBUxVVM
Old 09-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thanks Bill. I'll have to order one of those soon! Thing has a mean hood scoop on it, too!
Old 09-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

She showed up ! ! Gonna throw some old school electronics in it to just have some fun.

Old 27T brushed motor, Novak HPc esc, and a old Futaba radio... I think I have a Futaba 9301 somewhere. Should be good to go by tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

what chassis is that?
I didn't know someone made an aftermarket upgrade for a standard LiPo or was that custom made?
Old 09-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

It's the Exotek conversion. From what I understand they are pretty rare and hard to find. . . I won't tell you what I gave for this little gem, but suffice it to say that I got a deal.

Seller included the stock chassis as well, along with some spares and the manual. It didn't have the box - but I'll take the Exotek chassis conversion over the box any day.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Hey Bill, are you at CoTA?? I went to the Lone Star LeMans last year and that was a freakin' blast!! Best deal in motor racing, bar none.

Had planned on the F1 race this year, but that fell through - going to Lone Star LeMans next year - already have plans in the works. Going to take the Motorhome and park. Hoping once I do that I'll get offers for the F1 race. After going to LSLemans last year, I got all kinds of incentives for races from CoTA. Awesome track - and some of the best food I have eaten at a track. My 16 year old still talks about some street tacos we got there! LOL!!
Old 09-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Good to know about the Exotek conversion, that really makes a huge difference!

Hopefully RipMax brings back the CupRacer with that chassis as a standard option!

No plans to attend COTA this weekend, but I've been there a handful of times for other small venue events and a few concerts. It's an amazing race track!
Old 09-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

aracefan- That's a nice looking chassis! Mine is CF but that silly HPI one with the skinny lower deck.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sakadachi
aracefan- That's a nice looking chassis! Mine is CF but that silly HPI one with the skinny lower deck.
Thanks man!! It's a little scuffed on the bottom, but I don't care. The guy I got it from is a great guy (bought a Tamiya F201 from him and he is just really glad someone got it that appreciates it) and is more than fair. He had the Toyota body for it, but was pretty beat up so I told him to just chuck it and save on shipping cost.

I used to be like you are now, sakadachi, I had 4 HPI mini's back in the day, but when I quit racing years ago I let them all go to people who were still running them. I loved those little things!

Remember these?

I am a huge Tamiya and HPI fan. I still have HPI's first kit, the Super F1.

My first 1/10 pan car was an HPI Road Star 10!! Man, I miss those cars!
Had this exact car, purple spur gear and all. I still have a couple of these spur gears in my pit box!

back in (I think '97) this was the bomb when it came to 1/10 pan cars.
I remember when I bought that thing. I had to save up for like 6 months to get it, I think I was making like $7/hr.
I'll try and get a pic of my Super F1.

I hope RipMax does right by the HPI brand - it will be a shame if not.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aracefan
I hope RipMax does right by the HPI brand - it will be a shame if not.
well from what I've been reading, HPI has washed their hands from their debt to SOAR and has left RipMax with the bill... meanwhile SOAR has been threatening to take over the IP rights and rebrand all the HPI products under their brand name... very sticky situation... I kinda hope that SOAR takes over with the off chance they might bring back the Cup Racer from retirement
Old 09-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

aracefan - Yeah I do remember those!! I use to have the RS4 Mini Civic hatch and the RoadRunner along with several TC's before my long time hiatus from about 2000 to 2015. Made the mistake of selling most of my gear.

The stuff I have now in my sig, I pretty much bought it all within like a year's time. I'm never letting go of my m-chassis now!
Old 09-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
well from what I've been reading, HPI has washed their hands from their debt to SOAR and has left RipMax with the bill... meanwhile SOAR has been threatening to take over the IP rights and rebrand all the HPI products under their brand name... very sticky situation... I kinda hope that SOAR takes over with the off chance they might bring back the Cup Racer from retirement
I REALLY miss the open class m-chassis racing we had back in the day. We were lapping M03's as if they were standing still with our lower turn motors.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aracefan
She showed up ! ! Gonna throw some old school electronics in it to just have some fun.

Old 27T brushed motor, Novak HPc esc, and a old Futaba radio... I think I have a Futaba 9301 somewhere. Should be good to go by tomorrow.
Super Jealous! I have been looking for that chassis for a long time.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mad Hatter
Super Jealous! I have been looking for that chassis for a long time.
Yeah, I was surprised when the seller said that it had an Exotek conversion.

I posted in the Want To Buy section that I was looking for a CR, and especially one with the Exotek chassis. Had a guy pm that he had one, and I had bought his Tamiya F201 from a few months back, and just wasn't using it and has been on his shelf for quite a while - untouched.

It has a few scratches on the bottom - but nothing bad, seem like mostly scuffs. The top of the chassis looks new, like in the pics I posted.

I have been working on building a 1/10 WGT car and 2 F1's (not to mention keeping up with maintenance/repairs on my 2 1/12 scales, TC6.1 and the F1 I race every week) but will eventually get to this car - can't decide if I want to put old school electrics in it (which I have) or go with a brushless setup (which I would have to get).

Either way, gonna order one of those TBG bodies in a week or so...
Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Delete

Last edited by Raman; 10-08-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.