Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wlfgnggtr
I have my own step stool built in as well... try 6'8" No problems seeing over the other drivers Feel sorry for the guys standing next to me though...
Come on?? you are that tall wlf? Holy shite. I have a cousin thats 6'9", one tall dude. I am the shortest male of the family at 6'2", there are some females in my family that are taller than me, so I guess that would make me the runt, LOL.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default throttle servo issue

hey guys. i have been running my losi 8ight for a few outdoor races so far this year. i just blew a high end throttle servo Ko Propo 2368 and i know it was set up perfectly. endpoints are good and so is all the linkages. i cut the spring and ball cup and run little brake. im going to take a picture and post my set up so you can see more clearly but i think i found a problem i do not know how to fix.

the retainer with the set scew on the throttle arm is rubbing on my servo when the chassis flexes. i know this cause i can see little rub marks. its like the height of the arm is not high enough to clear the servo case. i really don't want to do this but i am thinking of shaving my servo case to make clearance. i hate to do dremel work on a $135 servo. any other ideas? i will have pics up soon to better illustrate the ordeal.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

by the way i wanted to say whats up to claudicio and tex. i see you two on all the forums. i even battled you for the 8ight T in the raffle. claudicio is pretty lucky.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

joe if you blew that servo then everything isnt set up perfect. i am running the same servo in mine and have been since the car came out with no problem at all. If you are seeing rubbing from the set screw rotate that to where the set screw is facing upward.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joecool
hey guys. i have been running my losi 8ight for a few outdoor races so far this year. i just blew a high end throttle servo Ko Propo 2368 and i know it was set up perfectly. endpoints are good and so is all the linkages. i cut the spring and ball cup and run little brake. im going to take a picture and post my set up so you can see more clearly but i think i found a problem i do not know how to fix.

the retainer with the set scew on the throttle arm is rubbing on my servo when the chassis flexes. i know this cause i can see little rub marks. its like the height of the arm is not high enough to clear the servo case. i really don't want to do this but i am thinking of shaving my servo case to make clearance. i hate to do dremel work on a $135 servo. any other ideas? i will have pics up soon to better illustrate the ordeal.
You can raise the throttle servo arm up over the servo by installing a shim in-between the servo arm and tip of the gear shaft.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You could also grind a flat spot on the bottom of that retainer so there is more clearence.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

the washers used to change the height of the ballstuds on the ad2 and losi electric's fits inside the servo horn adapter and will raise the servo horn .030". if you take it the servo horn off of the servo a lot you might want to ca the ballstud washer inside the adapter.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

here is a pic. i know now that this has to be the killer of my servo. i love ko propo servos and would never say they they are junk.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-pict0028.jpg  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ya that looks like a problem. I had the same problem with my airtronics 358. I added a 2mm plastic shim that I found from a kit under the servo arm, but before the insert. I CA'd it into place so I never lose it.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep, same problem when I had an Air 357 too. Like Rezen said, I added a washer and problem solved.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

who all has ordered the infamous team losi starter box? I have and only 8 more day to go YIPEE!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

here is a pic. i know now that this has to be the killer of my servo. i love ko propo servos and would never say they they are junk.
Yep, same problem for me with a 359, havent had problem since.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there a noticeable difference in servo performance when switching to LiPos? I decided to make the switch since my RX packs were getting kind of old. Got the voltage regulator too. I don't know if I'm supposed to use it. I have heard that some servos don't need regulated. Any truth to that? Or do all servos need regulated?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
You should use the regulator.
It will put out a constant voltage below what the LiPo pack puts out but above what a HiMh pack can do. At full charge my LiPo puts out 8.4V and my Reg puts out 6.4V. At nominal the reg just runs at 6.4 V all the time. This means my servos stay nice and consistant for over an hour. Also I'm not hitting the servos hard with excessive voltage. My regulator provides a low voltage indication as well.
TEX
Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You could also flip the hardware on that side of the arm so it's on top of the arm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.