Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Probably the only springs that you will need to start out with is Blue, Silver, and Gold for running rubber. I personally use a one-way with rubber tires but I think it depends on the style of track that you are running on to go with a one-way or a spool.

For me, this is my order of purchasing
Springs
One-Way
Caster blocks (unless in stock at the track)
Spool
ITF Chassis stuff

Take a look at the setups on the website as well. Decide which one you are going to use. You might need things such as caster blocks or an extra silver sway bar or shock piston's because it only comes with #3's.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have my TC5 setup to run Stock Rubber on carpet. I used Juho's LRP masters setup and the car handles great. I just need to keep it off the boards... the only thing I am doing differently is running a diff in the front, and the stock chassis with ITF top deck using Juho's top deck mod. I am going to get the ITF chassis and see if it makes a difference, but I doubt it will be much. The stock chassis seems to have enough flex to handle rubber tires just fine.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Chance- like Keven said, use the black grease in all the joints. I used to always run my CVD's dry because I feared the grease would attract dust and dirt from the tracks we run on not being prepped. I too noticed wear when I ran them dry, but I have used grease ever since with no further issues. Without the grease mine would also bind up when the axles turned left and right, which unless you had the servo unattached you wouldn't notice.
Hi guys

I have also issues with the crosspins. I brake them very often. I'm a quite experienced driver, i crash very seldom. But sometimes if i just hit a curb to strong or so, i break the crosspin. I think the dia. of 1.5 mm is to weak. Other touring cars have 2 mm.

Are you having this issue as well?
Is it possible to use maybe stronger pins from other manufacturers? Item#??

Thanks and regards
Old 12-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
So they battery strap problem and that stuff has been fixed? So if I order a kit it should be fine?
I had some problems getting the battery strap to hold in hard side impact collisions. What I did to remedy the problem is, bought 4 extra stock TC5 battery to chassis retainers (P# ASC31255), cut them just past half (so one has 2 legs left), and CA'ed those to the 4 corners of chassis battery slots, in line with the stockers. Also shimming the height to just hold down without bowing strap is important. Looks stock and clean, and haven't lost another battery in over a month of racing...and I've had several "full scale" test collisions performed since.

On crosspins....I've been in some high impact collisions, and never bent a one. I have near 100 runs on this car also. Not sure what is the issue here. Running 13.5 on carpet and asphalt as well.

Last edited by Verndog; 12-29-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

*prepares to get his head ripped off*

I was thinking about moving over from the Cyclone to the TC5. However, there is one thing that strikes me, the lack of parts you get, granted you get a car that will go around the track, but if you want to go rubber, you have to get the ITF chassis and topdeck, i'd have to buy a one-way front drive. and the team drivers run the 3 hole pistons.

Will there be a TC5 released with the ITF chassis as standard? It is really off putting if im running rubber, that i'd have to buy £80 worth of parts for £80 of other parts to sit on my desk doing nothing.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woz
.... but if you want to go rubber, you have to get the ITF chassis and topdeck, i'd have to buy a one-way front drive. and the team drivers run the 3 hole pistons.
You don't have to buy the ITF chassis. Many people have had good success with the stock chassis, read thru the posts. It will help some, but not mandatory. I've run rubber on asphalt and carpet and got the car to stick pretty good with stock chassis. Buy the top deck, do the oring trick, get a one way (although double diff works well also), and you'll be set. Long term, parts are cheaper and in the end you will save $$ over Xray ect., and you will run with the best.

Oh...and pistons...their like $3.00 per set...come on.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

my buddy jeff is running pretty much box stock set-up on his tc5 and he is racing rubber tire on carpet.he did put the itf top deck on and said it helped wonders.a bunch of guys that i race with tride one-ways...they didnt work good at all on the carpet trak we race at.
i drove his tc5 and it feels lazy compared to my losi car...then again my losi car is so aggressive im trying to tone it down...but his tc5 is really easy to drive.....
as for xray.....i here there good cars...but be prepared to have a deep wallet...due to there parts pricing.i have a buddy that has a 007 and he says you buy parts in a single pack..meening you dont get 2 arms in a pack you get one...
and ae parts are alot cheeper.

and the tc5 seems to be taking a pretty good beating.trust me for i have seen them take it......lol

but if i had to pick between the 2 i would say the tc5 would be better for you
Old 12-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Wallstreet,

You can't tell from your photos, but are the Tamiya hex shims aluminum? Do you happen to have the part numbers for the .50mm and the 1.00mm? The ones I have been using for years are teflon...and have seen better days!

Thanks,

John
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Verndog
You don't have to buy the ITF chassis. Many people have had good success with the stock chassis, read thru the posts. It will help some, but not mandatory. I've run rubber on asphalt and carpet and got the car to stick pretty good with stock chassis. Buy the top deck, do the oring trick, get a one way (although double diff works well also), and you'll be set. Long term, parts are cheaper and in the end you will save $$ over Xray ect., and you will run with the best.

Oh...and pistons...their like $3.00 per set...come on.
thank you for the reply on the subject, however you still have not answered my question. Is there a TC5 ITF kit going to be released? ( i know you can run good without the ITF chassis etc, but whats the point in me copying Craig Dreschers setup for my local track ifi dont have all the parts needed? If the team are using these optional parts, why don't they release a car with all the parts you need? Something i think everyone can say about HotBodies is they have everything you need to copy team setups in the box.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutsisneat
Hi guys

I have also issues with the crosspins. I brake them very often. I'm a quite experienced driver, i crash very seldom. But sometimes if i just hit a curb to strong or so, i break the crosspin. I think the dia. of 1.5 mm is to weak. Other touring cars have 2 mm.

Are you having this issue as well?
Is it possible to use maybe stronger pins from other manufacturers? Item#??

Thanks and regards
I have never experienced any broken pins. I assume this is running a spool? With the retaining rings, use a little locktite on the set screw and just make it thumb tight, maybe cranking the set screw puts stress on this, but I haven't sen this at any of the tracks I've raced at with any cars.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woz
thank you for the reply on the subject, however you still have not answered my question. Is there a TC5 ITF kit going to be released? ( i know you can run good without the ITF chassis etc, but whats the point in me copying Craig Dreschers setup for my local track ifi dont have all the parts needed? If the team are using these optional parts, why don't they release a car with all the parts you need? Something i think everyone can say about HotBodies is they have everything you need to copy team setups in the box.
I couldn't run my Hot Bodies car when I was running foams w/o having to buy a diff and a center pulley and then an optional BMI chassis because the stock one was to weak.

Seriously though, they have said in the past that they were not going to release a rubber tire car kit. However, it seems like now would be a good idea to revisit that idea. That is just my opinion of course.

If you have a setup for your local track then use that as a guideline. Some people have different driving styles and the track conditions might not be the same for when they were there. So even though you completely copy that setup it might not work for you.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Kraig do you think that the TC5 needs a 3-4m chassis for foams on carpet. Also I read that the team is using 3 hole piston anything on that
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

We have 2 TC5 I have one and my friend Chris has one They seem to be getting better on carpet but I still think thay need some work to make the top 3 in the A at my local track. The fast guys are running Losi, Cor, S400, but some of them are top drive Like Jeff Cuff, jason Schreffler,Pat C. Mike Haynes
Old 12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

im running in the same championship as craig drescher and andy robson, his team mate, however, they both said the upgrade to ITF is well worth it, seems that all the team has moved over to the ITF chassis they use 3hole pistons. track conditions are the same as when the team drives.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

is it a nessesity, to sand and ca the chassis? it looks like a ton of work and I dont want to mess it up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.