Old 02-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Well its been a few more days now.....

what did Losi say when you called?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aaron,

Can you tell me a little about the Setep pin Losi tires ?, on which track conditions they perform better ?, which conditions are a never-use-it ?, etc ?

thanks in advance,
Old 02-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Mabuchi - Sorry for the wait, I'm still working on it. Things have been really, really busy.

Tabushi - The Reds (A-7760R) are among my favorite tires for 1/8th scale, especially when the track is made of soft dirt, or the track is cold and slimy (like when it is watered at night). When the track is hard packed, they may be a little tall to carry lots of corner speed, but I've used them to practice on all sorts of track conditions.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Mabuchi - Sorry for the wait, I'm still working on it. Things have been really, really busy.

Tabushi - The Reds (A-7760R) are among my favorite tires for 1/8th scale, especially when the track is made of soft dirt, or the track is cold and slimy (like when it is watered at night). When the track is hard packed, they may be a little tall to carry lots of corner speed, but I've used them to practice on all sorts of track conditions.

Thanks Aaron, the thing is that i was in a track couple of days ago, same track where my best times were using Panther K2's, and other people use CF's from proline ... and a guy was using step pin tires and WOW ... man the car was dialed on the track (hard dirt -no-packed-, some areas with loose dirt, etc) ... overall performance i saw was way better than my usual tire selection for that track, so i think i will give step pins a try ... never thought about them as a almost-all-around tire ...

cya,
Old 02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Aaron, good job Saturday at Rev. I kinda of sacrificed myself to not get into you on about the 3rd lap. It was down hill from then on for me. The rear of my car wasn't taking the blown-out sections very well. Still had a good finish for me, even though I crashed a hella lot of times.

Good luck at the Challenge. Hope you do well.

So is 90+ mph always set on your way home?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Pato - I have been pretty surprised too at how versatile those tires are. I make sure to keep some of them in my tire box at all times!

Don - Haha, good lookin' out! I can't count how many times I had to slam on the binders not to ruin people that night. I really appreciate when other racers can do the same.

It's really nice, the last two club races at Revelation I've done well with good luck. I never used to have good luck at that track. And yeah...my dad can drive a little fast, haha. We're racers at heart! And we STILL didn't get home until 2 AM!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I didn't get home until 3:00am that night.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Cant find much on drake .21 engines. Is this a good engine? Anyone have links to reviews? Its standard version. What are the benifits and would it be good on a LSP?

Last edited by nbcaznmaster; 02-20-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Aaron, what insert do you like to use in the step pins?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good job to Aaron sitting 7th right now at the Nitro Challenge.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, I just seen that. That is really good Aaron and Lynn.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Maybe you can point me the right way here. I just got a Spektrum system and installed it. Now my Blubird 620MG steering servo does not work properly, when the wheel is turned it travels to full throw and the back to center, regardless of wheel position. I tried an Airtronics and Traxxas servo with the Spektrum receiver, they both work fine. I also tried the Bluebird servo with the Airtronics receiver that was in the car, again, no problems.

I have 5 of these 620MG servos, they all work fine with the Airtronics receiver and they all malfunction with the Spektrum receiver.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats Aaron on making the "A" main in 1/8 buggy! Thats quite the accomplishment bro! Man, your one of the "elite" now!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Are the engines you use the same as they sell in the store or have they been modified?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Angry Why doesn't this surprize me.....

so I go to put the front wheels on (no I still haven't even run it yet) and the wheel nut on the left hand side doesn't fit properly.

Long story short it turns out the inner recess for the wheel bearing isnt molded deep enough which results in the axel bolt not having enough thread left on the outside of the wheel to put the nut on.

It's not just a one off either as it is also the case with the spare one I have from the other kit.

This is freaking insane dude, who the hell do I have to write to that actually cares at Losi and that will actually do something about it.

It has been mentioned on the XXX-CR thread that I could just use a longer bolt. Well firstly I shouldn't have too and I've given up trying to find a 1 1/4 inch version of the button head screw that's in the kit.

I got asked today at the local track why I still had got it running and they think this kit must be a bit of a joke or think I should have got a B4 instead. Quite frankly I agree with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.