Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Yokomo has been the Japanese AE distributor for quite some time now, but cooperation when it comes to designing cars probably stopped when TT/AE bought the JConcepts BJ4 WE design and made it the B44.

Back to topic. I really think the YZ-2 will do pretty good during next year's WC, the change of rules to allow Astroturf was just announced:

http://news.efra.ws/fileadmin/news/2...%20%281%29.pdf

(see 5.1)
it stopped when AE came out with the TC3. Before that the two companies didn't design cars to compete with each other
Old 12-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bit the bullet and Pre-ordered as well. (Now I just need to sell some stuff to justify the expense....)

I'm guessing, based on visuals, much of the parts will carryover and share certain aspects with the MR V2 and V3? It isn't going to be a B4 vs B5 where its a completely different car right?

Obviously steering, arms, knuckles and other misc appear different, but will the old stuff still work?

Lets hope they ship some spares as well. Anyone got a line on Part #s etc. I would think a few spares- arms, knuckles, hubs etc would be helpful.

MOmo
Old 12-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Right, but when will they redo the bmax4 and give it these black and gold material colors and call it the YZ-4?
Old 12-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Right, but when will they redo the bmax4 and give it these black and gold material colors and call it the YZ-4?
I was surprised that the only parts that are in the Yokomo Blue on my buggy are the spring adjuster and bottom cap assembly. I haven't upgraded the rear hub to aluminum yet, but, that would be another part in blue for some folks. Other than that everything else is in the gunmetal finish. The B-Max2 on the other hand is blue everywhere/everything.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
I bit the bullet and Pre-ordered as well. (Now I just need to sell some stuff to justify the expense....)

I'm guessing, based on visuals, much of the parts will carryover and share certain aspects with the MR V2 and V3? It isn't going to be a B4 vs B5 where its a completely different car right?

Obviously steering, arms, knuckles and other misc appear different, but will the old stuff still work?

Lets hope they ship some spares as well. Anyone got a line on Part #s etc. I would think a few spares- arms, knuckles, hubs etc would be helpful.

MOmo
I'm not a Yokomo expert but I didn't see much of anything that looked the same with the current car.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Chances are this car won't run well on a track dirty enough for the lack of a gear cover to be a factor. This is a carpet/super high grip design, with the motor and battery placed pretty far forward of the rear diff. Guys who run the 22 in mid configuration have been through this.
+1 !! i was just about to say the same thing. a B5 will kill this car on anything except astro/carpet
Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm wondering if this will work good on indoor clay tracks , as most of the fast guys at my local tracks run mid motor .
Old 12-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarnett
I'm wondering if this will work good on indoor clay tracks , as most of the fast guys at my local tracks run mid motor .
This won't be a good choice for clay. I run clay and have had access to or owned a variety of different cars. If you'd like to run mid motor on clay, I'd get a bmax2 (latest version) if you like yoke, or a team c 02c evo if you want something really stable and easy to drive.

Carpet designed cars can be OK on clay, but generally are not great. In addition to weight bias, etc., sometimes they lack adequate droop that you'll need for the woops or very rutted/bumpy parts of the track. Of course for every problem there is sometimes an easy solution (like adding droop but going to slightly longer shock shafts) but you'll have an easier time with an offroad designed mid motor.

Lots of good mm cars for clay, dirt. Pick which one you like best!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:47 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I think we just got the reason why Lee's livery is on the YZ-2 box instead of Naoto's:

http://www.redrc.net/2014/12/naoto-m...omo-part-ways/

As for speculation on the cars handling, this car is meant for smooth high traction tracks, whether on clay, astroturf or clay and it will perform very well there. Comparing it to the B5 is like comparing apples and oranges. You would not take a current Pikes Peak prototype car to a rallycross track, would you?
I am sure you can make it kind of work on other tracks, too, but as said by Woulvesbaine before, there will be better suited cars for that, that's why I'll keep my Firebolt for dirt.

Last edited by mes; 12-20-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:07 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Parts list online.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Parts list online.
Looked???? No find??
Old 12-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Seems the kit is delayed slightly due to production issue with a component. Second week of Jan is the advice I have been given by Yokomo EU.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mnracer
Looked???? No find??
http://www.teamyokomo.com/product/offroad/b_yz2/b_yz2.html

parts tab. use google chrome to auto translate the japanese to english.

quite a few shared parts, happy i can put my ball diff in.

Straight and gullwing front wishbone options, with two front shock towers.

Shame there is a slight delay, but better a delay than a production problem part.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:08 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neallewis
http://www.teamyokomo.com/product/offroad/b_yz2/b_yz2.html

parts tab. use google chrome to auto translate the japanese to english.

quite a few shared parts, happy i can put my ball diff in.

Straight and gullwing front wishbone options, with two front shock towers.

Shame there is a slight delay, but better a delay than a production problem part.
Although it is listed there, I am not too sure about the ball diff. Why would they have made a new gear diff then? It is quite possible that the internal gear ratio differs from the traditional 2.6, those diff and idler gears look bigger. Maybe the ratio is still the same and the gears have just been beefed up a little, just like B4 vs B5.

Parts list
Exploded view 1
Exploded view 2

Source: teamyokomo.com / https://www.facebook.com/teamyokomo

Last edited by mes; 12-26-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

I pulled those Yatabe photos down to post here, link back to originals here: http://ameblo.jp/yatabe-arena/entry-11969800208.html

Looks Awesome! can't wait to run mine. It's pre-ordered from MB Models.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.