Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm no expert but I believe you would lose a little bit of top end speed as the front and rear tires are not rotating at the same speed. The car may wander a bit on long straights especially if it's bumpy. That's just speculation, I am very likely wrong
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
I'm no expert but I believe you would lose a little bit of top end speed as the front and rear tires are not rotating at the same speed. The car may wander a bit on long straights especially if it's bumpy. That's just speculation, I am very likely wrong
Thanks mate,

If I decide to go overdrive, I'll keep you posted whether your speculation are righr or wrong
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The way it was explained to me by an engineer from general motors is that if you use the same gear ratio front and rear, there is enough tolerence built into the drivetrain to allow the front end to always be hunting for the same speed as the rear, due to variations in tire diameter and driveline tolerences etc. to cause the car to wander. If you overdrive the front slightly by one tooth, the front end is alway pulling the back, which maintains straight line stability and turning stability. Sort of like pulling a rope vs pushing a rope. lol
I personally dont think it affects t/c cars like full size as much do to tighter tolerences and size in our models.
As far as speed is concerned I do agree that you would probably loose a little top end and also put an extra amount of draw on the battery due to the extra drag placed on the motor. I also think that the loss would be very small
in top end and battery drain.
Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default weighting

Im trying to balance my car .. it seems i gotta use an aweful lotta weight...

10 x 1/4oz on the right ( w/rx side) and 6x1/4oz on the left (w/Tekin ESC), then 2x1/4 on the front bumper...this gives me about 55/45% weight distribution (rear heavier) ...

left/right is 50/50% distribution. Anyone else has to do this ?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I don't know about all that! But I do know that this past weekend I ran a boosted 17.5 in the modified class & was the fastest & best handling car on the track. This car just gets sweeter & sweeter.
The one thing I did find out when I ran mine for the first time is that with a front spool, you don't want to run any toe out at all. I've always ran toe out in all my cars. So I added a little toe out on this car.
Needless to say, it was undrivable. So I set it up with zero toe & it's been sweet ever since.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drsmooth
I don't know about all that! But I do know that this past weekend I ran a boosted 17.5 in the modified class & was the fastest & best handling car on the track. This car just gets sweeter & sweeter.
The one thing I did find out when I ran mine for the first time is that with a front spool, you don't want to run any toe out at all. I've always ran toe out in all my cars. So I added a little toe out on this car.
Needless to say, it was undrivable. So I set it up with zero toe & it's been sweet ever since.
Anderson RC?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

North Wilksboro!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone here have a Flying Fox layshaft they'd be willing to sell? It's the only thing I need to get my Type R going. PM if interested in selling.

Bill.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup

My setup for practice was very dialed. I took out the overdrive and used a 42 pulley up front. Much less aggressive in the corners so I'm not sure if I will change it back or not. I used 0 Caster and the car was very smooth through the corners but that might have been from taking out overdrive. Didn't have any negative effects though.

Carpet/Tight/Smooth/Med-Bite (New Ozite)

Front......................Rear
JR Link: Low
Toe: 1.5 out.................3
RH: 5mm....................5.25mm
Camber: 1.25...............2
Anti: 0.........................0
Caster: 0.....................Hub: Std
Droop: 2.5mm...............3mm
Pivot: 0........................0
Roll: High....................Low
Arms: Middle................Middle
Shock Pos: 1.................3
Camber link: 1..............4B
Sway: .05.....................04
Up Travel:3mm.............3mm
Drive: Diff....................Diff
Pulley: 42.....................42
Diff Height: Low............Low
Hex: .195.....................Std
Oil: 50/Losi..................32.5/Losi
Piston/Spring: 57/20......56/15

FDR: 6.46
Body: R9
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

I seriously miss running my Type R

It's sat on a shelf collecting dust.

Damn BRCA Lipo list.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Non of the BRCA approved LiPo's will fit even if you do a bit of dremmeling?? That sucks
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Does anyone here have a Flying Fox layshaft they'd be willing to sell? It's the only thing I need to get my Type R going. PM if interested in selling.
Good luck with that... I have been searching for almost 6 months for ONE and have had zero luck. At times, I have thought about buying one of the random JRXS Type Rs that pop up in the Classifieds with one, just for the layshaft or spool.

It's a shame these are so scarce.

A quick note to Skyrocket Batteries (the US distributor for FlyingFox) got a response that said they were looking into having some of the pieces produced here so they could meet the demand they have for them. Who knows if there is any truth to that or not, but it is at least mildly positive.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by squarehead
. At times, I have thought about buying one of the random JRXS Type Rs that pop up in the Classifieds with one, just for the layshaft or spool.
That's what I did. Now I have a chassis to use for VTA and a sweet TC all for less than one TAO5 V2 R
Old 05-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Have I mentioned how much I love this car? It's FREEKEN AWSOME!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1 on the awesomeness. My car is on rails, and aside from the occasional c-hub breaking, it's a tank. I can't wait for the next club meet when I will have my backup JRXSR ready for some VTA action

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.