Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Melt the collars in place...LOL
Old 06-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

um dont those caps hold the bottom orings in? you are talking about the threaded cap? mine have never come off...i hardly touch these shocks, except when i rebuild.... and i have them on about 5 cars at the moment.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kat the cap is to make replacement of the lower o-rings easy. You obviously haven't thought through it very well. Let me explain so you can appreciate your shocks better...

On your Losi shock, you build the cartridge with o-rings, spacers, compensator etc. Then you grease the shock shaft and insert the shaft into the cartridge. With the TRF shock you just grease the shaft and slide the oring over the threads and into the o-ring's seat then replace the cap. You're saying yea, well, so what????? The difference is that you are inserting the Losi shaft into a cartridge where the o-ring is already in it's seat and this places a lot of pressure on the o-ring as the shaft slides through it. This is where the damage almost ALWAYS happens to the rubber o-rings even if you use green slime. Contrarily, the TRF shock you are sliding an o-ring over the shaft while it's NOT loaded and can stretch right over the threads. Walla!!! No damage to the rubber!!!

As far as the plastic adjusters... you actually let other people see your car with plastic adjusters? Dude, I wouldn't be caught dead with plastic adjusters!! Get off the computer, quit giving crappy advice, do some work and earn a little cheese fo some alum. adjusters!!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

The reason I'm on the computer so much is cause I can't get work...Don't get me started back on that subject.

I don't care how easy it is to replace a damn o-ring. I don't want the shock comming apart in a race. I'll probably solder them shut...That way if I ever have to replace anything I can just de-solder the cap off
Old 06-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by The Black Kat
I strongly dissagree..

Plastic shock collars self-adjust (graise it with my elbow and my ride height is GONE)
Bottom cap (which is REALLY not needed) comes off in hard crashs
Need frequent re-building

I like the Losi shocks a lot. Easy to fil and work very well

Tamiya shocks are somewhere in the range of TC3 Racer kit shocks on my list
na na na trf shocks are so good even kinwald and francis where using them those losi shocks have to go there like 20 years old design .
Old 06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ngo8
na na na trf shocks are so good even kinwald and francis where using them those losi shocks have to go there like 20 years old design .
Lot of people (including team drivers) are using the TRF shocks on non-Tamiya cars.
I had lot of Losi cars in the past and really are good. But that shocks I never liked as my TRF.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

i heard a big mod on xrays are people using trf shocks on them also other cars who knows .
Old 06-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kat,
As far as the cap falling off in a crash, I think that is almost impossible. I have had some bad crashes breaking A-arms, C-Hub carriers, and Uprights (not all at once ) and I have never had a problem with the TRF shocks. I don't know what kind of crashes you have but if you are breaking shocks in the crash you better check your driving style. My 7 year old son runs TRF shocks on his TL01LA and hits many a wall but has never knocked the cap off of the shocks.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

I used to have the bottom cap of my TRF shocks come loose at times. After every few races or so I take off the shock and brush the dirt off and retighten the caps while i'm at it. I've never had a problem since. Just make sure it's not loose to begin with.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

also schumacher team drivers especially teemu leino uses TRF shocks.
long live TRF.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
Old 06-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
I used to have the bottom cap of my TRF shocks come loose at times. After every few races or so I take off the shock and brush the dirt off and retighten the caps while i'm at it. I've never had a problem since. Just make sure it's not loose to begin with.
It was on there tight...That cinder block at Sheldons is BRUTAL...
Old 06-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

i think the problem is that maybe from vibration they do get loose
and maybe you didint pay to much attention to it and came off i never had a problem with them in fact aftet racing 12 years in rc these are the best shocks i ever handled.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

I hit a cinder block going 20 mph....
Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

can someone tell me what happens to the car when the centre brace is stiffened with the square one(STB-25), instead of the plastic one it comes with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.