Jason or Adrian,
What method of shipping are you using?
Thanks,
E
Old 08-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jason or Adrian,

Here in New Zealand we race in very low bite conditions on Ashphelt.
We are not allowed to use traction compound or additive of anykind.
None at all.

My question is will the new car be better suited to these very low bite difficult conditions than the older DB12?

And if so why?

Cheers
Darren
Old 08-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

we ship via UPS in the states and USPS international
Old 08-19-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fatbear
Jason or Adrian,

Here in New Zealand we race in very low bite conditions on Ashphelt.
We are not allowed to use traction compound or additive of anykind.
None at all.

My question is will the new car be better suited to these very low bite difficult conditions than the older DB12?

And if so why?

Cheers
Darren

hey darren,

the new car is more adjustable.you can fine tune the rear traction for side bite and forward traction independantly.the new car does transition quicker than our T bar car with the weight being moved toward the center more but at the same time having the same rearward battery position of the T bar car.our T bar car handled very well and i was real happy with it.i am not going to dump on it,it was real good i have found that i can manipulate the new car to achieve what i want.there is not a small window of adjustment like you get with a T bar car. it also allows you to tune for bumpy tracks without the sacrifice of steering
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can see this now......

Next Friday morning... A news crew is outside BMI..... Jason and the rest of the BMI crew come walking out of the builbing....

Jerry Springer says to Jason... " Jason, now that you got the DB12R to market, what are you going to do next? "

Jason turns to the camera and says:

"I'M going to Disneyworld!!"

Which is followed by eveyone beating poor Jason up...
I mean its not like they all live close to Disneyworld... Now is it....
Old 08-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are there going to be some kind of upgrade packages for other cars??
I mean, when I check out my genX, I think its 100% possible to make the rear part with the BMI flex plates, its just at the rear I figure you got some kind of ball inside the plastic part (thats screwed to the flex plates) to allign the rear end. So thats the only thing I dont know for sure.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

nice nova

the rear suspension will be difficult to mount to another chassis and pod unless you use my lower chassis and lower pod plate due to the mounting hole locations being different than the crc.nothing is impossible though.the hole locations just need to be right.you are correct about the pivot balls mounting on the rear of the flex plate.the spacing between them,the central pivot and the front mounting hole for the flex plate is very critical. i also mounted the rear pod to the chassis a slight bit different than other link cars.i have the pivot ball mounting to the chassis and the 2 mounting holes for the central ball capture are mounted to the lower pod plate.this adds alot of strength to the central pivot and takes alot of load off of the capture.it also aids in the tweak free operation of the link system.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Lord

by the way quante, i LOVE the sig bro that is priceless
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Quante
Are there going to be some kind of upgrade packages for other cars??
I mean, when I check out my genX, I think its 100% possible to make the rear part with the BMI flex plates, its just at the rear I figure you got some kind of ball inside the plastic part (thats screwed to the flex plates) to allign the rear end. So thats the only thing I dont know for sure.
we will be offering rear pods that will mount to other cars if that interests you.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
we will be offering rear pods that will mount to other cars if that interests you.
That would interest me ;-), I've always wanted to try a T-bar car, but would hate the saddlepacks that come with it. The GenX is onla half a year old but I just dont seem to get it planted just right (I was faster with my CK3.2).
Thats why I was thinking if it could be done, especially when I see all the holes available on my GenX.

->On the rear pod I'd say the hole from the bal-link and main chassis the pole where the battery retainer rests.
So a conversion kit would be perfect (but you would need the CAD files from the car I guess )

And the sig, oh so true and seen it alot...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Parts Support

I have few questions, on the DB12R is there different size flex plate? and if so are the flex plate going to be available? and what about the other parts for the kit are the parts going to be available? don't want to get the kit and have it winning races and won't be able to get replacement parts now, these ??? was ask because a few guys at my race track was planning to get the kit but the strongest debate was would BMI will be able the supply the parts for the kit, now that the ??? are out now for the answer.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

parts are no issue.we already have everything for the car in stock.as i said early in this thread,i am taking this car very seriously and parts availability will be no issue.i stopped making TC kits for this reason alone.i want to support this car 100%.any parts you will need are packaged and waiting.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Lord

we have 2 different flex plates,.075 and .062.we have really found the .075 plates to work well.we offer the .062 fo lower bite tracks.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
parts are no issue.we already have everything for the car in stock.as i said early in this thread,i am taking this car very seriously and parts availability will be no issue.i stopped making TC kits for this reason alone.i want to support this car 100%.any parts you will need are packaged and waiting.
Sweet, there you go guys stright from the maker. Now go and place your orders and let the race begin.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Sweet, there you go guys stright from the maker. Now go and place your orders and let the race begin.
YEE AHH!!!!!!!

I cant wait for carpet season! I have always wanted to try out 12th scale, and what a perfect time now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.