Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

acer racing makes some good sets of bearings, they range from $30 - $80 i think, and they offer 3 different kinds

www.acerracing.com

ill probablly order 2 sets of the $30 ones for the next 2 seasons
Old 02-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Upgrading your TC3 (Graphite chassis)

Originally posted by Buda
Still unsure on getting the whole graphite component kit or just the chassis. Any inputs?

Also getting threaded shocks.

Also what all do I need to upgrade to the lite diffs I heard not all the parts/kit are needed but I am unsure of the conditions of my diff balls. Part numbers willl help a lot here. And not all parts "need" to be ae I will get what works best.

Also on the list is the irs input shafts.
Buda:

If you plan to get a graphite component, make sure that the kit you get is the last version of the chassis (that comes with the droop screw support. If not, ask for a discount on the kit, it's the older model).

One word of warning. The difference on rigidity of the graphite chassis sometimes is worse for your lap times. Makes the car a little more nervous and the difference on weight isn't much noticeable (taking only the chassis weights).

About the threaded shocks, may can say that are better for the car, because it gives infinite possibilities of adjusting. Sometimes I prefeer to use the plain 'old and not threaded shocks' adjusting them are far quick and using the same amount of spacers on the two assures (only in the case you assembled correctly) the same adjust). Threaded shocks gives you more 'fine tuning' nothing more, nothing less.

For the lightweigh diffs it's better to get the complete diff assy (AE part 3913) rather than trying to save parts from the old diffs. Only a thing for improving the long run of the diffs, get the AE BB that go in the diffs (AE part 3916, one bag for each diff). Those bearings don't make your car faster, but give you better diff feeling on the long run.

IRS Input shafts are one of the best parts you can put on your car, specially if you run stock class (each gram saved on the tranny is better).
Old 02-15-2002, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

corse-r

did you put ball bearings into the composite diff? i tried installing bearings and the diff wouldn't diff. so, i've just stuck w/ the bushings. did you have to do anything different?
Old 02-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by diesel31 [/i]
did you put ball bearings into the composite diff? i tried installing bearings and the diff wouldn't diff. so, i've just stuck w/ the bushings. did you have to do anything different?
Yep! a little trick: use the original AE BB's the normal ones are too thick for the diff housing and don't work. Get two bags of AE part 3916 and install them.

Last edited by Corse-R; 02-15-2002 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Ling > thanks Hopefully it will be better now, they are all nice, clean, and lubed.
Old 02-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

My new body
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-tc3a.jpg  
Old 02-17-2002, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Tony.......just curious on something. Do you run all of the driveline shims on your car? Currently I'm not using any on mine and the car seems to be a little more free with no real abnormal wear and tear on the drive gears. Wanted to know if a fast guy like you was doing the same thing
Old 02-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Hey Diesel31

Originally posted by diesel31
buda,

regardless of what kind of driver you are, you'll benefit from good bearings and i'm sure you can get 'em for less than $120. i use boca bearings in all of my cars, they are just about 100% maintenance free. for the tc-3, they run about $80-$90 bucks (this also includes the steering rack bearings).
On those Boca Bearings, are they lubed with some sort of synethic oil? I hear that those bearing are great, thought about getting the set for my FTTC3
Old 02-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default diesel 31

On those Bocca bearings, which ones are they? I see from the web site they have different "levels" of quality.

And compared to others how are the AE rubbersealed bearings?
I know the teflon will be a bit more free running but is there a noticable differance?
If the Bocca are rubber sealed wouldnt they be about the same as the AE rubber sealed.

Anybody use the Dynamite read seal bearings?
Old 02-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Schuie: NO!!!! You need the driveline shims (on the pinions) or the first time you hit something, the play in the pinions will strip one of the gears in the tranny. You MUST run those!!!! The larger shims that go on the diffs themselves are optional. It is possible to run without those.

As a side note. I will be out of town again for job training. I will be in Texas, namely Dallas and Coppell. I will try to check in here tomorrow (and hopefully sometime throughout the week), but, chances are I may not be able to log back in until next weekend.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TP

Must be nice to go to Dallas on BUssiness. Unfortunately my "bussiness"trips take me to a giant sand box in the middle east.

A question on diffs, should I use the AE difflube and black grease or are there other products that do better?
Old 02-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

use black grease on the thrust bearings, and stealth lube or 5000 wt. on the diff balls
Old 02-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Tech Legend

Yea , like da Blaze say`s...
Stealth lube From Ae, works best !
Old 02-18-2002, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Team Orion tyres feedback.

Yesterday I run some test laps with the Team Orion tyres to be used at the worlds for a test on a local mag.

The results were so surprising. The two first packs rather than driving I was fighting to control the power slide of the tyres (uhmmmm, those nasty and brilliant finish of the tyre is very prone to slippage).

The third and fourth packs, with the contact surface of the tyres with a 'less better looking matte finish' got a little more grip, not much more, but more than the first two packs.

I'm not sure what to think with those tyres. Anyone has some feedback of them?

Sincerely, I expect that the WC got more track bite that I got yesterday. The track were I tested them is famous for their 'insane tyre wearing'. I don't know if anyone of them has raced over a surface called 'slurry' but, the most resembling is like sandpaper.

Last edited by Corse-R; 02-18-2002 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just get the alloy spur-adapter from square. check this out :

http://www.rc-square.com/parts24.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.