We can assist with the cap board.

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/...cturers_id=226

Cheers

Ren
thanks ren
Old 11-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I ran my 5.5T as well my 8.5T with the 930 stock this time with lipo protection on 3.0v/cell and after a couple of minutes the voltage protection kicks again.Batteries are Gens Ace 5000mAh 50C and i have run them only a few times.The only way to go is to disable the voltage protection but it's too risky.A couple of guys with the SP speedo (with the SP 323stock s/w) but SP 4.5T motors and more agressive settings don't have this issue.I'm not sure why this happens but for sure the new 930 s/w didn't help.
What is your punch level ? Are the batteries really 50C ? you will never know have you tried other batteries ?If your telling me that it will run with no voltage protection but when running the protection mode it cuts in after a few minutes it seems your battery is dumping very quickly doesnt seem to hold a linear discharge .
Old 11-14-2011, 03:59 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

No,no.Speedo is the HW 120 v2.1 Bullistorm was only the 5.5T motor.
Last weekend during the EPS at the MACH track, there was somebody with a HW extreme ESC also having a similar issue, after I gave him a new sensor cable, it solved the problem as far as I know....
It can be a bad contact in any of those small pins, who knows....
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
If your telling me that it will run with no voltage protection but when running the protection mode it cuts in after a few minutes it seems your battery is dumping very quickly doesnt seem to hold a linear discharge .
Can also be a bad soldering in the ESC/Lipo or ESC/Motor circuit.....
Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Settings

If I've got this right, if I reduce the boost number ie from 30 to 25, does the turbo then come in earlier and therefore the slope etc with it?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Blinking led is yellow instead of red in a 1s

Cobra:
I purchased 3 1s units in August. We just put one of them in the no_timing mode and it blinks yellow instead of red. Tech inspection OK'd the unit after checking the software. I just thought I would let you know about this.

Also, a warning to users. If you move the neutral point on your transmitter a click or two the ESC may not blink to the satisfaction of tech. If you encounter this problem first try the transmitter trim (up or down) to get the proper spot for the slow blink. If you are trimmed to the brake side it will be solid red, I am not sure about the forward side as I haven't tried that adjustment.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Last weekend during the EPS at the MACH track, there was somebody with a HW extreme ESC also having a similar issue, after I gave him a new sensor cable, it solved the problem as far as I know....
It can be a bad contact in any of those small pins, who knows....
Sensor cable was my first thought so i tried 3 different cables and i had the same issue.It's very strange because i have the same problem on both cars with 2 different speedos (HW 120 v2.1 both).Another thought is that my batteries aren't so good so with all these turbo and booster settings, voltage is dropping too fast hence the lipo protection kicks after a while.Next Sunday i'll try with the same settings but with new and bigger capacity batteries and i hope i'll get more luck.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
What is your punch level ? Are the batteries really 50C ? you will never know have you tried other batteries ?If your telling me that it will run with no voltage protection but when running the protection mode it cuts in after a few minutes it seems your battery is dumping very quickly doesnt seem to hold a linear discharge .
Punch level was 2.As you're said i suspect the batteries are dumping very quickly.They don't seems they are 50C
Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

I ran my 5.5T as well my 8.5T with the 930 stock this time with lipo protection on 3.0v/cell and after a couple of minutes the voltage protection kicks again.Batteries are Gens Ace 5000mAh 50C and i have run them only a few times.The only way to go is to disable the voltage protection but it's too risky.A couple of guys with the SP speedo (with the SP 323stock s/w) but SP 4.5T motors and more agressive settings don't have this issue.I'm not sure why this happens but for sure the new 930 s/w didn't help.
Check your soldering is good and the plugs you are using are clean and decent quality as any of this can give high voltage drops and cause the protection to kick in. Easiest way to test things would to be use a mates pack and see what happens. lipo C rating i wouldn't worry about too much as even the weakest of lipos should cope fine. I know you say you're running 5.5t but there are only so many amps you can put down before the wheels start spinning.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by venom54
We can assist with the cap board.

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/...cturers_id=226

Cheers

Ren
Thanks Cobra and Ren :-)

Ren have placed order
cheers
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Punch level was 2.As you're said i suspect the batteries are dumping very quickly.They don't seems they are 50C
Your battery could be faulty, but a Gens Ace look like one of the few that can pretend being true C.
Did you try to change the firwmare of the ESC, then load the firmware you are using again ? It can fix some bugs.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

How does the lrp x12 go with the hw xtreme? Particularly curious with the 13.5, have heard mixed reviews.

What software works best with them?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Im planning on running my justtock in a 12th scale. Im going to run a tq booster. Do i run with the esc switch on or off?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mb3195
How does the lrp x12 go with the hw xtreme? Particularly curious with the 13.5, have heard mixed reviews.

We run older 224 with 10.5t boosted so it stays cooler, my guess is that it should be the same for 13.5t
Old 11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195

I have tried this combo with 930 and it is very fast just unreliable.

When I was griding up and came to a stop with brakes on the car would go backwards once I pulled the throttle!
Reverse was not set!!
If you got spun around and rolled backwards the speedy would go to sensorless!
I tried all variable's of timming on the speeedy and motor to no avail...

The hobbywing claim is that the signal from the X12's is not strong so as the speedy cannot pickup where it is in relation to sensor position.

Cobra Racing did say he would look into it further in a post I submitted weeks ago... Still nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.