Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Kai Conversion Kit

Anybody would like to get the Kai Graphite Kit for EVOIII? Drop me a pm to discuss.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo3-kai.jpg  
Old 02-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Cat
Tech Initiate

Wow, you make your own Graphite Kit ?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No. It's from K Models
Old 02-10-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

FoamPervert : Dude, you can put almost any respectable RC car in Nicholas Lee's hands and he will make us mere mortals look bad :P I presume the other Evo3 in the A mains on Sunday in CCK was Ray Lan? How did he finish?

Heheheh dude, you blame ur skills???? heheheheh time to lay off the Starbucks Double Expresso, that stuff makes ur hands twitch heheheheh.

Cheers
Old 02-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Daf
Tech Rookie

Itchy,

Thanks for the compliments on the TL01 - yeah it did go OK except for the collapsing of the internal droop limiters which made the car go "off" in the second heat (It had 15mm droop at the end of the race!) .

But I did get the Evo 3 on pole on the first meeting out (yes I was running two cars in the one class!) , and that's a really nice feeling especially against the level of competition having two different cars in the A.

The Evo 3 seemed to go really well on the kit set up - all I had done was put the 2mm spacers under the rear suspension mounts. When it gets hot and grippy I am thinking of giving David Jun's carpet setup a try - nothing to loose.

Daf

Metro Hobbies Racing
Model Racing Technoogies
Team Orbital
Old 02-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Fangio and rtypec,
Glad to know there were other circumstances behind Tamiya not being at the Birds'. Truly unfortunate that they had no presence....as I said,the rumours and snide comments were in abundance. I hope the bugs are being worked out and the TRF guy's have an oppurtunity to prove themselves.
I've been hesitating to buy the 3 because of these diff problems. Has anybody heard something definite about a FACTORY fix?? Is anybody running a 3 in TCS with the aftermarket diff pieces?? Thanks, Dino
Old 02-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default evo 3 up and running

Hey guys I just got my evo3 together and I am about to do some extensive testing. I did put two runs on it with a stock motor and b2 tires on carpet, and even with the b2's if felt the car handled pretty well. I am not a fan of one ways on shaft cars, but I must say that it wasnt that bad. The car had a little to much push for my liking, but I think tires will remedy this minor problem. As for speed I had no problem at all with straight away speed, I was running a monster stock with 96/37. The car was fast and run time was awsome, still going to play with gearing variables to see were the limit is. The one thing that I noticed about the kit was the quality of the bearings. The m2 has a way better quality of bearings. I soaked them in lacquer thinner and oiled them up with airtool oil and they got a little better, but I think I will replace them with better grade bearings.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

mrodney-I assume you rolled out a 1.09" by your info. Cool. I should have my Evo3 back in about 3 weeks or so and I'll keep testing. I am really excited to try it on asphalt w/ rubber tires and foam tires. I bet it'll be unstoppable.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

ray. right now I am only going to run rubber tires on the car so that I can prepare for the tcs race in wisconsin in a couple of weeks, and after that I will try the foams, I am not in the mood to chase setups between foam and rubber before this race. I still need to experiment with gearing and mod motors so that will be the focus of my testing. I am planning on going up to larry's after work today to do some testing. By the way, did you end up getting an extra front diff for the car and were did you get the parts from.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SpeedtechRC

I suspended all spending on the car so no I havent bought the diff yet-though I will need to!!! I contacted Steve at SpeedtechRC and he has all the parts you need. You need to piece it together from F201, TA04 and EVO3 parts-but its all in stock.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

THANKS.

I have an f201 as well and was wondering if the diff halfs were the same if so then I have the parts to make up a diff.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Diva
No. It's from K Models
can you get the TC3 option parts as well?
Old 02-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 96/37 for monster mrodney ?

You are overgeared!It will be fast but not the punch you should expect.Try 96 33/34 and watch the motor come alive.What your geared at is like starting you car in 2nd/3rd gear.You will eventually burn it up.I have run my evo3 for a month and a half with this motor on rubber/carpet and this is where you wanna gear it.Try it,you will love it.By the way guys,these tamiya bearings suck so bad.Replace them if you just bought the car and if you can afford it. This is my only disappointment.Front spur I can live with.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mark the diff halves are different but the rest is reuseable they are a bit longer than the F201. So the 1-way will not work in the F201 either , bummer

Dan
Old 02-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

hey racenut I ran this gearing in the car for a few runs and the motor was not hot, I ran for about six or seven minutes and acceleration seemed pretty good. All things depend on the track layout. The track I was on was a smooth and flowing layout so bottom end wasn't as important than smooth entry and exit. I used to run a modified tbo1 and am still running an m2 and I can tell you that gearing 96/34 at our track doesnt seem to come close to being competitive. Heck on day a guy with a tc3 ran a 104/39 and just smoked us all. We thought he had a mod motor in that thing but he was running a monster. Now I am not suggesting people go on gear this way, because this guy was a factory driver and could afford to burn up motors,because he has plenty to play around with, but this gives you an idea of what some of the guys in the midwest areas are running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.