Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The sensor port had been fixed with the 508 zero timing v3 version a very long time ago which was to sensitive with some motors like the lrp etc .now you might want to have a look at your motor and the sensor board in that motor you might have some damaged hall sensors even one can cause an issue as it will send back a distorted signal back to the esc .
I can use soft 508 with hardware xerun 2.1?

thanks and regards
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TyoBBS
I can use soft 508 with hardware xerun 2.1?

thanks and regards
Yes, you can use the 508 No Timing software with either the 60amp or 120amp Xerun 2.1

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Yes, you can use the 508 No Timing software with either the 60amp or 120amp Xerun 2.1

Cheers
Rob.
But if i want to use MOD i need to use and old one? Or is possible to use 508MOD with hardware xerun 2.1 (120A)?

thanks and regards,
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

anyone have good start setup for Hobbywing V3?
i race Boosted stock 17.5.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zooberg
anyone have good start setup for Hobbywing V3?
i race Boosted stock 17.5.
i have tried the same question before, but with the extremestock and no one seems to know, so im just going to go from scratch and see how it ends up if i dont find a good setup there is another brand that has setups that are easy to find

but i did like my xtremestock last year so should be able to get some speed from it
Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by narcotiks
anyone tried turbo start by full throttle and rpm on the V3?
i felt it was more responsive in the infield and had a better feel when kicking in on the straight
That's how I run mine all the time and you're right, it's better.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris_dono
That's how I run mine all the time and you're right, it's better.
What do you set the RPM settings to ?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bappe
i have tried the same question before, but with the extremestock and no one seems to know, so im just going to go from scratch and see how it ends up if i dont find a good setup there is another brand that has setups that are easy to find

but i did like my xtremestock last year so should be able to get some speed from it
Please read the instructions either for the 2.1 or the v3 or the extreme stock there are basic setups listed which also explain what each does .

If you dont have the instructions please download them from the website www.hobbywing.com

Start from basics and work from there .If someone has a setup it doesnt mean its going to work for you being track size and driver ability plus car and gearing so it's better you read the instructions and work from there
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Say if your boost end RPM was 20,000 , you would put the turbo start rpm at 20,000 so as the boost is fully applied, the turbo will be ready to engage soon as you hit full throttle. I haven't tried putting the turbo start rpm 1k more than the boost end rpm, all though i don't think it would yield and advantage over what i suggested before.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

But if i want to use MOD i need to use and old one? Or is possible to use 508MOD with hardware xerun 2.1 (120A)?

thanks and regards,
I cant see why not. The latest software is compatible both with xerun v3 & xerun 2.1/2.0

From the hobbywing site:

1. Functions

The USB LINK SOFTWARE is a PC program working together with the LCD Program Box, it has the following functions:
1.1 Precisely sets the programmable items of the ESC.
1.2 Upgrades the firmware of the ESC.
1.3 Upgrades the firmware of the Professional LCD Program Box.
1.4 Analyses the "Governor mode" parameters for RC helicopter
(This is the function of a subprogram named "Speed Calculator")

2. Software Versions

Version 3.1_120808
The Version 3.1 is suitable for the following ESC:
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 3.0 and later)
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and 2.1)
EZRUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and later)

PLATINUM Series helicopter/airplane ESC

However for absolute confirmation you'd best ask Cobra about your question.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
it depends on the motor wind you're running really, but somewhere around the boost end rpm is usually good.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default About motors/sensors compatibility

Hi,
I've started to have sensor problems with my 2 Xeruns 120A v2.1 recently. I was running a tekin 8.5 without problems between them, but now the ESCs enter in sensorless mode randomly. I've then tested some other motors (and sensor cables, of course), for example a Fantom ION 1 with a brand new sensor harness and they enter sensorless mode almost inmediately, but with a cheap speed passion ultrasportsman v2.0 9.5T they work perfectly. I'm also running the latest software version, 930, tried both mod and stock.

Talking with some friends at our track, some of them have had problems with speed passions MMM motors and had to change the sensor harness to the new +10 degrees version, which seems to improve reliability, and another friend has a new V3.0 Xerun that is unable to work with any of his Novak motors.

I don't understand why this is happening, and I'd like to know if there is any compatibility chart or motor recommendations for the Xerun. Maybe HW motors are the only ones that are 100% guaranteed?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gusi
Hi,
I've started to have sensor problems with my 2 Xeruns 120A v2.1 recently.(...) I'm also running the latest software version, 930, tried both mod and stock.
I read some post like this. In website says is possible to use new version 930MOD with xerun 2.1 but may be is better old one... Did you test with old software (like 119MOD)?

In another hand i asked to hobbyking website, email and here but don't have it any answer from cobra...

regards
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I read some post like this. In website says is possible to use new version 930MOD with xerun 2.1 but may be is better old one... Did you test with old software (like 119MOD)?

In another hand i asked to hobbyking website, email and here but don't have it any answer from cobra...

regards
I saw with my eyes , in a friend's tc, the 930 solved his sensor problems. I've been running 930 for some months without problems, but I'll give it a try and will downgrade. Anyway, I think there is a real problem with the sensivity of different motor brands, and an official compatibility list would be great.

Maybe with the rotor losing magnet strength, the sensors have wrong reads and that's why the xerun fails with the same motor that was working perfectly for months?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by narcotiks
Say if your boost end RPM was 20,000 , you would put the turbo start rpm at 20,000 so as the boost is fully applied, the turbo will be ready to engage soon as you hit full throttle. I haven't tried putting the turbo start rpm 1k more than the boost end rpm, all though i don't think it would yield and advantage over what i suggested before.
I actually run turbo start rpm under the end of the boost rpm, so the two overlap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.