Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

anit dive will give less weight to the rear and give you less traction to the rear on power it shoud make the car come into the corner better hope that helps
Old 10-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hmmmm.... Triangle, Square, Circle, X, I bet there was a Playstation 2 controller somewhere near by when you "pimped" them?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Yea i would bet it was PS2... that is just one more reason why Associated rules! I can't wait for the TC4....
Old 10-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Tony, What's up? Yep I recieved mine this week and have been busy at the track testing carpet setups. After 4 packs it's already as fast as my TC3. The future is bright!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

How did you get yours already????? I need one. I found parts, but no place has the kit yet.

TC4 Parts
Old 10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TPhalen

...You will be able to run shims under each block (in .25" increments) to raise or lower the arm mounts for different situations. On the TC3, the standard height arm mount was great for asphalt, concrete, etc., but sucked for carpet. Most hardcore racers would mill down their blocks to lower the arm mounts for carpet....a task only the guys with milling machines could do. Now, that's a thing of the past.
TP: .25" increments??? That's 6.35mm...that's a LOT. Do you mean .025" increments?

Hmm...carpet season is coming up.....
Old 10-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

.025" sounds much better. I have .08", .05", and .03" off blocks for my TC3. Looks like Associated is going to be making aluminum versions of the blocks, at $13 each. Should be much more durable than the plastic ones that come with the car, which are prone to wearing out very fast.

$70 list price for the graphite components kit is very good, provided it includes all available graphite pieces.

Josh
Old 10-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tony or Barry, I have a tuning question for you guys concerning camber link adjustments.

Now I know, generally if you need traction say... in the rear.. you would either raise or lengthen the rear camber link. My question is... what is the difference in raising it vs lengthing the camber link? Does one offer more midturn traction vs the other or visa-versa? One offer more exit? More goin in?

Thankyou...
Old 10-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I say don't go over 2 the TC4, from the looks of it it's as fast if not slower than a warpspeed or a BMI
Old 10-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default I'm wondering if AE waited too long to release a...

new car. With the other chassis brands out there no one may get the TC4. AE should have done some more tweeking. Perhaps a new shock design, chassis lightening (cell openings) A quick shaft release method. Designed it with the use of cvd boots and etc. They should have went all out on every little detail. Make it less prone to tweeking. My 2-cents.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HKlosi
I say don't go over 2 the TC4, from the looks of it it's as fast if not slower than a warpspeed or a BMI
Haha, you must be pretty skilled to be able to tell how fast something is just by looking at it

The Warpspeed or BMI chassis don't have the updated suspension.

Josh
Old 10-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
Haha, you must be pretty skilled to be able to tell how fast something is just by looking at it

The Warpspeed or BMI chassis don't have the updated suspension.

Josh
HAHAHHA, ya, I just went to Warpspeeds and BMI's web sites and after looking at the cars online, I KNOW the TC4 is faster! Funny stuff!!!!

Ya, thanks Ling....it's in .025" increments. DOH.

Eric: when you get a good setup, please send it to us!!! Thanks bud!
Old 10-01-2004, 05:16 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Tony you need to make an ask

TQ Tony Phalen Topic =)

Originally posted by TPhalen
No thanks....not unless you work at the Playboy Mansion and make lots of money....then I might think about it

Thanks.

The arm mounts are now labeled with symbols instead of a letter....ie, the TC3 mounts were labeled F+2, F, R, and R3+2 (for instance). When someone asked you what F block you were running, you had to say F+0 or F+2, if you even knew what they meant.

The new labeling system is pretty cool. If you pay close attention to the labeling, you should be able to see where we 'pimped' the labels from.... Anyway, the labels are as follows: Triangle (replaces the F+2 block), Circle (replaces the F block), Square (replaces the R block), and X (replaces the R3+2 block). You will be able to run shims under each block (in .25" increments) to raise or lower the arm mounts for different situations. On the TC3, the standard height arm mount was great for asphalt, concrete, etc., but sucked for carpet. Most hardcore racers would mill down their blocks to lower the arm mounts for carpet....a task only the guys with milling machines could do. Now, that's a thing of the past.

Just alot more tuning adjustments for a wider range of surfaces.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

All I can say is when I went from a tub to the BMI chassie on my TC3 I went 3 tenths quicker than I ever had.I hope the same thing is so when I build a BMI TC4.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default I was thinking. TPhalen...

I'm sure you can chime in here, but I have read that Losi keyed in the CF plates so it won't tweek.

I could see how it would help to keep things from shifting, but don't the carbon fibers contribute to tweeking. It's the twisting motion from a collision that makes it weaken over time. From my expirence it does not take a long time for this to happen. I'm sure a tub chassis would be less prone to this.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 10-01-2004 at 09:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.