Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Just bought another exo6 on here. Can't decide to have another test car or make a VTA out of it. It was to good of a deal to pass up.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Make a VTA car. It's great. And we can bounce set up ideas back and forth.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Make a VTA car. It's great. And we can bounce set up ideas back and forth.
Gonna have to wait till I get the funds for motor, tires, body and battery! I'm tapped out now! Ha!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I've got a brand new motor for sale, and maybe even some tires if your really interested. ��
Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am not running any suspension block shims on my car for USGT. I see some of the various set up sheets have 0.5MM shims under the lower mounts.

Does any one have experience with running the chassis with and without the shims as well as preferential results?

I understand the effect on RC, etc and am aware that different track surfaces will react differently, etc. I'm just wondering what the overall feedback and popular set up in regards to running the suspension shims or not.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

I've removed all the shins on my car. Want to get the RC as low as possible. I use washers under the camber links to adjust. It's easier than using the shims under the blocks.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
I am not running any suspension block shims on my car for USGT. I see some of the various set up sheets have 0.5MM shims under the lower mounts.

Does any one have experience with running the chassis with and without the shims as well as preferential results?

I understand the effect on RC, etc and am aware that different track surfaces will react differently, etc. I'm just wondering what the overall feedback and popular set up in regards to running the suspension shims or not.
I did a complete tear down on my car for cleaning and forgot to put the shims back in. My car works better without them.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

hy guys,

again a race weekend is over, and a 2nd overall was my best result in this series so far.

a theoretically question:
the only thing i had: to much grip on a high traction tricky carpet track. i had to prevent grip rolls by switching tires to some low grippers. that made me drive constantly but i was missing 0,1-0,2 sec per lap.(15sec lap times) due to missing maximum agile front.
now the question:
would the exotek alloy bottom plate reduce the possibilities of rolling over ?

thanks
Old 02-04-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

It will stiffen the front, but if you tend to hit the wall on a regular basis, the aluminum chassis could actually hurt. It's a great tuning option, but once aluminum tweaks, it stays that way and you car will handle horribly.

Is the car rolling as you enter a turn, or in the middle/exit? That will affect the changing you make.

You could try getting some wider front hinge pin carriers I would suggest at least D or E to widen the front, you could also widen the rear by going to xc/e blocks. You could lengthen the wheel base, turn down steering expo, decrease ackerman, try a different driving line, only sauce the inner half of your front and maybe even the rear, maybe try a front diff with 500k or 1m fluid.

But if you are only missing .1/.2 seconds, that really could just be driving style anf you need a slight adjustment.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It will stiffen the front, but if you tend to hit the wall on a regular basis, the aluminum chassis could actually hurt. It's a great tuning option, but once aluminum tweaks, it stays that way and you car will handle horribly.
I will second this. Watched a guy bend his Al chassis on his Pro5 last Sunday on not that big of a hit.

I'm more on the 'budget' side of racing so I am staying away from the Al chassis for now.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

You could try getting some wider front hinge pin carriers I would suggest at least D or E to widen the front, you could also widen the rear by going to xc/e blocks. You could lengthen the wheel base, turn down steering expo, decrease ackerman, try a different driving line, only sauce the inner half of your front and maybe even the rear, maybe try a front diff with 500k or 1m fluid.
Thanks. i will try out your suggestions next time.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
hy guys,

again a race weekend is over, and a 2nd overall was my best result in this series so far.

a theoretically question:
the only thing i had: to much grip on a high traction tricky carpet track. i had to prevent grip rolls by switching tires to some low grippers. that made me drive constantly but i was missing 0,1-0,2 sec per lap.(15sec lap times) due to missing maximum agile front.
now the question:
would the exotek alloy bottom plate reduce the possibilities of rolling over ?

thanks
Add 1mm to inside upper link in front. Set camber to 1 degree. Sauce only inside half tire.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

So I'm having Bezerk RC in Australia cut me a custom rear shock tower. It will have same geometry, but will be cut to be super low profile, and lower the body mounting holes by at least 5mm.

I am having this down to mount a Mazda Furia body. But I have also noticed that even standard touring car bodies use the lowest holes on the body post.

I am also thinking of having a set of towers cut to be 2-3mm lower than stock. I am sure the shocks will still have plenty of travel, but I don't know if standard length shock springs would work. Any one have any thoughts on this? Would it improve handling?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wade....
I will second this. Watched a guy bend his Al chassis on his Pro5 last Sunday on not that big of a hit.

I'm more on the 'budget' side of racing so I am staying away from the Al chassis for now.
So the used exo I bought came with a aluminum chassis. It looked great in pics that I saw. However when I got the car the chassis was bent up in front and had a chassis tweak. Not really noticeable at first glance but you could tell it probably didn't take much to bend it. Glad original exo chassis came with it and it is practically brand new and flat. Transferring everything to reg chassis now.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone tried running their Evo 6 on the trf419 dampers? Are they the same? Thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.