TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

is the tranny in this kit lower then the 2.0 car
Old 11-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I'm just guessing here but...maybe because you live on the eastern side of the country Horizon is waiting for the kits to arrive at the Illinois warehouse for orders to start flowing for the east coast. Maybe the west coast Horizon shipped all the west coast customers as well as the countries hobby shops orders last week. Either way it sucks for those without kits.
Yeah, I called sales and they confirmed my order would not ship till the middle of December. They also said hobby shops get them first. Had I known this I'd not of wasted my time ordering through Horizon. Disappointed to say the least, but I'm sure I'll find one from someone else here shortly.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
Yeah, I called sales and they confirmed my order would not ship till the middle of December. They also said hobby shops get them first. Had I known this I'd not of wasted my time ordering through Horizon. Disappointed to say the least, but I'm sure I'll find one from someone else here shortly.
I was disappointed in the Amain handling of backorders this year...but that's another story. I backordered one on Friday through horizon. If I had a LHS I would have gone there but the closest track that I would race at is about 2.5 hours away.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For anyone that has finished their build already , I am starting mine now and using a Spektrum S6270, it looks like in the manual that they show a Spektrum servo in the illustrations and they show a 2mm servo mount shim. Is this correct for anyone that may have used a Spektrum servo in their build?

Thank you in advance for any answers.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am using the older version of that servo, I think the 6070. I used the 2mm spacer tike the book showed. It fits just fine.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
For anyone that has finished their build already , I am starting mine now and using a Spektrum S6270, it looks like in the manual that they show a Spektrum servo in the illustrations and they show a 2mm servo mount shim. Is this correct for anyone that may have used a Spektrum servo in their build?

I used 2mm + .05 per the 2.0 buggy manual. 2mm might be better though because I think I have clearanced my servo arm about .5 on an edge that looked close.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:55 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gprcmx312
Just to be sure. The front wheels from the 2.0 will not fit the 3.0. I know this was discussed earlier but I am slightly confused what part of the wheels is different. I don't want to sell all my sets of wheels from my 2.0 and then find out I could have used them on the new car.
2.0 wheels WILL fit with 1.0/2.0 front axles.

Originally Posted by TitanBurns
In anticipation of the new car I have rebuilt the kit a few more times in my head. I noticed int he online manual there are no mention of servo spacers? Is there a chart somewhere to save me time measuring lol... or if some-one already has one built with a savox 1257 lmk if you had to use any spacers.. thanks in advance
Not sure how we missed getting the chart in there, worked with a newer guy on the manual, but I should have caught that one.

I am not familiar with Savox myself, some others will post what the correct spacing is. The servo link should be perpendicular to the chassis.

Originally Posted by vito
is the body pre cut
Originally Posted by bcablig
Was the car designed around a full size servo or a "Low Profile" servo, as far as weight distribution.

Better yet, what's the servo of choice?
We testing mostly with the SPMSS6240.

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
I ran on a notoriously low grip track this weekend. I kept the stock set up. I'm running Hobbywings V10 8.5 with a V3.1 speedy - 0 Boost but 10 deg turbo.
The car was super slippery with Proline Suburbs on the rear end, you'd lightly touch the power and you were swapping ends.

Keen to hear thoughts on a dialled low grip set up!
Try JR's setup here. It was an outdoor track, but one that completely glazed over.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...FZRC_Setup.pdf

Originally Posted by Davidka
Haven't run one but I don't think they changed the ratio in the gear box so gearing should be the same as what you'd use on any 22 or B4/5.
Gear ratio is the same as the 22, 22 2.0, etc. It is NOT the same as the B4/5.

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma

SPM S6240, and S60040 needs 2.5mm. SPM S6070 is 0mm, and I am not 100% sure on the S6270.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root

Gear ratio is the same as the 22, 22 2.0, etc. It is NOT the same as the B4/5.

My mistake.

TLR - 2.43:1
AE - 2.6:1
Old 11-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

So is it safe to assume that TLR will come out with a 70t spur for this car?
Old 11-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FPMX772
Has anyone ran 17.5 in this car yet and if so what gearing are you using?
Losi tech recommended 70/31 I'm going to try 69/32 and go from there.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:25 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So is it safe to assume that TLR will come out with a 70t spur for this car?
1 x http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR3978
2 x http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA3123
Old 11-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for that Frank, but I should have specified...Will there be any 70t spur gears in the HDS style, not the older style?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:49 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How to shim for a Orion servo. It's an older version standard size servo if that helps

Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

My car arrived at the lhs today.... But I cant go get it until Wednesday morning though because I'm at work , the wait is gonna kill me...
Old 11-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for that Frank, but I should have specified...Will there be any 70t spur gears in the HDS style, not the older style?
I don't think there wouldn't be enough room for the slipper pad. Maybe Frank will chime in. I think they would have to re-design the slipper pad to make that happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.