Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
I got yesterday my M06R kit, just had to get it for the special parts!
BR,
Matthias
Hi Matthias, thanks for the kind words. My friend (the only other M06 racing in my country) also bought the M06R for the parts. The 10gram wheel weights seem to be helpful in low traction. But if track has good grip it might not be needed.

Originally Posted by Raman
That's fantastic. Are you running on carpet?
Also are your running 1 or 2 degree rear upright?
Also it looks like you're running the standard TRF shocks, not the Mini/short TRF correct?
With the added rear weight / traction, I wonder of i will have to soften the front to add steering.
Hi Raman, running on indoor asphalt. TRF MINI shocks and 1.5 deg rear upright. Front uses the softest tamiya red spring.

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
Just wondering what kind of Motorcooler you are using.
Hi Aitutaki, the one on the car stand (12v) I bought in surplus. The one in the car, I don't remember lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I saw someone mount the basic ESC fan to the rear stabiliser mount. Holes line up perfectly. If you want the fan directed at end bell... Guess you have to get creative
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just use 1 screw to the rear stabilizer mount to hold the fan over the endbell.

Also on my M05 ball diff outdrive, notice there is a metal band to prevent it from splitting open. That metal is just the middle part of a ball bearing that I tore apart.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Have you found them split open? It's the same light weight material as the TRF416, never had those open.. They distort after a while

There is also a hardened version 54238

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54238
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Matthias, thanks for the kind words. My friend (the only other M06 racing in my country) also bought the M06R for the parts. The 10gram wheel weights seem to be helpful in low traction. But if track has good grip it might not be needed.
Thanks Joel for the comment on the weights. Will for sure try them during the outdoor season on tarmac. Will see if it brings any advantage next week on carpet...

Finally swapped the R knuckles in rear in the car, and made some maintenance work. Had to replace the spur gear, was nearly stripped...
One question I have: Do you put a grub screw in on the axle, when using alu-uprights? (see pic) The R manual says no, but maybe itīs useful to remove any further play? Or leave it out? Would be curious on your advice guys.. I usually do it when using plastic uprights.

Made some pics for you, noticed I didnīt take some for a long time now.
Iīve also the fan above the middle of the can, as the Carson cup machine has an internal fan on the rotor.

BR, Matthias
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA M-06 Thread-m06pro4.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-m06pro6.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-m06pro5.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-m06pro3.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

I install the grub screw even on plastic up rights. As you mentioned it helps with slop
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Thanks Joel for the comment on the weights. Will for sure try them during the outdoor season on tarmac. Will see if it brings any advantage next week on carpet...

Finally swapped the R knuckles in rear in the car, and made some maintenance work. Had to replace the spur gear, was nearly stripped...
One question I have: Do you put a grub screw in on the axle, when using alu-uprights? (see pic) The R manual says no, but maybe itīs useful to remove any further play? Or leave it out? Would be curious on your advice guys.. I usually do it when using plastic uprights.

Made some pics for you, noticed I didnīt take some for a long time now.
Iīve also the fan above the middle of the can, as the Carson cup machine has an internal fan on the rotor.

BR, Matthias
Nice gear cover.. where did you get that?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Here are pictures of my newly built M06 Pro with R spec lower link. On the rear, I ended up using the standard touring rear damper.

Here is my body.. well what's left of it..

Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Nice gear cover.. where did you get that?
Hi Raman,
The gear cover I have is from Eagle Racing, they have top quality parts, as they are a nearly as old as Tamiya, but they sell them rather cheap.
I recently found a good webshop in HK, which sells most of their stuff, otherwise quite hard to get here in Europe:
http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/sh...h&keyword=m-06

The gearcover I have now for 2 years, at the moment itīs not in stock.
Very nice parts are also the Shock towers, as the have the original kit holes plus some steps in between. I have them lying around for quite a while and will built them in next.

Your Alfa looks still nice, I like seeing some "racing marks"!
I guess you have a shelf body, too, so itīs no problem!
I like your color choice a lot!

BR,
Matthias
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

Here are pictures of my newly built M06 Pro with R spec lower link. On the rear, I ended up using the standard touring rear damper.

Hi very nice bodyjob.
Can you tell me w;ere you find the autodelta decals?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hi very nice bodyjob.
Can you tell me were you find the autodelta decals?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

I downloaded the eps files from brandsoftheworld.com. Then I resized them to fit the body. Biggest challenge was finding someone to print them on clear vinyl.

Shoot me a pm with your email, and I will forward you a file with the Autodelta decals
Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We were back to the road course setup last night. I'm still happy with the "R". It was working pretty well and I managed to TQ again. I'm not sure how long that will last though, I think they're gunning for me now.

My M05 wasn't happy unless I was running "M"s on all four corners. Last night I ended up with "S"s all the way around for the main on the M06.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwkride
We were back to the road course setup last night. I'm still happy with the "R". It was working pretty well and I managed to TQ again. I'm not sure how long that will last though, I think they're gunning for me now.

My M05 wasn't happy unless I was running "M"s on all four corners. Last night I ended up with "S"s all the way around for the main on the M06.
Are you guys running the same layout as TCS?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Are you guys running the same layout as TCS?
Yes we are . . . . .

I may have been able to go with "M"s on the front for the second main (We run dual mains), but I didn't want to change anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.