Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So - lesson learned... for any US customers who may not be patient enough (like myself) to wait for Awesomatix USA to restock certain parts and decide you're going to place an order with Awesomatix Switzerland... (and this is by no means a slam on Awesomatix Switzerland - they had everything I wanted in-stock and shipped it out right away):

First of all, with the exchange rate and shipping costs, I'm figuring that I paid almost twice as much as I would have domestically. Ouch!

Then, there's the shipping adventure... the package made it to the US in a couple of days, but has since gone "off the reservation":
Arrived ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) - I hear this is where it has to "clear customs"
Arrived BETHPAGE, NY 11714 - took 4 more days to get here from customs
Arrived SAINT PAUL, MN 55121 two days later... OK, this is good, only about 6 hours away from me!
Arrived SANDSTON, VA 23150 two days later... WTF???? Hang on, now it's over 13 hours drive away.
Who knows where it will go from here. *sigh*

I have another package coming from Turkey. Not holding my breath!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
So - lesson learned... for any US customers who may not be patient enough (like myself) to wait for Awesomatix USA to restock certain parts and decide you're going to place an order with Awesomatix Switzerland... (and this is by no means a slam on Awesomatix Switzerland - they had everything I wanted in-stock and shipped it out right away):

First of all, with the exchange rate and shipping costs, I'm figuring that I paid almost twice as much as I would have domestically. Ouch!

Then, there's the shipping adventure... the package made it to the US in a couple of days, but has since gone "off the reservation":
Arrived SAINT PAUL, MN 55121 two days later... OK, this is good, only about 6 hours away from me!
Arrived SANDSTON, VA 23150 two days later... WTF???? Hang on, now it's over 13 hours drive away.

Sad that its taking longer to get from NY to you, than from overseas, I saw an older post where someones package took a trip to puerto rico before getting to them???
Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Sad that its taking longer to get from NY to you, than from overseas, I saw an older post where someones package took a trip to puerto rico before getting to them???
The puerto rican adventure may be have originated in NY not abroad.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
The puerto rican adventure may be have originated in NY not abroad.
It did, that was the point, no problems getting into the country, but can't figure out how to get it a few states away with USPS...
Old 03-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

My EXL was shipped from Texas USPS 3 day priority and some how went to puerto rico... I guess someone in puerto rico had never seen an Awesomatix before... Ended up taking 2 weeks to get, but it least it got to me! This is where it went.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi all,

I will sell one of my Awesomatix A700 Evo + tons of parts (5 diff, 3 chassis, upper plate, bulkheads, AM18-1, AM19, P01, P02...)

PM me with your email address for full details and pics (just let me know your location for the estimation of shipping costs).

Cheers,
G-rem
Here is the link to the for sale thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13111751
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Did you try any of the awesomatix USA dealers listed? It seems silly to spend that much effort and money when parts are available here in the US.

Next time try this...... www.apexrcproshop.com we have parts.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
Did you try any of the awesomatix USA dealers listed? It seems silly to spend that much effort and money when parts are available here in the US.

Next time try this...... www.apexrcproshop.com we have parts.
+1
Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Call me silly, I guess... so, is shipping from the middle of the Pacific any less of a cluster#%$* than from Europe? I suppose customs doesn't come into play. Saving money is nice, too but then again, aren't we all ballerz if we have this car in the first place?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I bought my parts from

www.apexrcproshop.com

shipping was so fast and its free try new Bitty Design Nardo for your Awesomatix and you will like it.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-nardo.jpg  
Old 03-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Call me silly, I guess... so, is shipping from the middle of the Pacific any less of a cluster#%$* than from Europe? I suppose customs doesn't come into play. Saving money is nice, too but then again, aren't we all ballerz if we have this car in the first place?
Willie beat me to an answer. He has first hand knowledge of our shipping.

And if anyone is interested, we will soon be bringing in some pre-painted Nardo bodies. Look for them in the coming weeks.

Last edited by HawaiiBob; 03-19-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WillieSTi
I bought my parts from

www.apexrcproshop.com

shipping was so fast and its free try new Bitty Design Nardo for your Awesomatix and you will like it.
Thanks for the plug Willie!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the plug Willie!
Bob: You guys from the sunny Hawaii are awesome. I'm glad to have met you guys years ago and look forward to seeing you guys again soon. Tell Danny to get off his ass and back to the mainland soon.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Bob: You guys from the sunny Hawaii are awesome. I'm glad to have met you guys years ago and look forward to seeing you guys again soon. Tell Danny to get off his ass and back to the mainland soon.
Danny is going to the Reedy, you can find him in the j main (he hasn't driven a TC since IIC) We will be back at the IIC come October, should be a good time. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Danny is going to the Reedy, you can find him in the j main We will be back at the IIC come October, should be a good time.
I'm skipping the Reedy but will be at the Asphalt Nats and IIC so i'll see you boys in vegas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.