Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bornox
is there a spring in the front? mine doesnt have one.
He means the spring clip on the front input gear
Old 11-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bornox
is there a spring in the front? mine doesnt have one.
SPR06, it is from step 14 in the manual. Is there not one on your car?
Old 11-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Mike Gee takes 17.5 TQ at the Indoor Champs

Great job Gee.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

I am new to this increadibel TC car, and I have a lot to learn. The spring/damper is compleatly new to me, so I a looking for some help on this issue. I have tried to search in this forum for it, but has not been able to find it. Has anyone made a easy to understand guide for beginners, because then I would like to read it and learn from it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
I am new to this increadibel TC car, and I have a lot to learn. The spring/damper is compleatly new to me, so I a looking for some help on this issue. I have tried to search in this forum for it, but has not been able to find it. Has anyone made a easy to understand guide for beginners, because then I would like to read it and learn from it.
Thanks in advance.
This is from the awesomatix USA site. Lots of other useful information there

Sliding the damper changes the springs leverage on the damper, and the leverage of the spring rate/ride height screws on the spring. Sliding the damper out (more gap) is more damping and a stiffer spring rate simultaneously. Changing the screws (B) only changes the spring rate.

Sliding the damper out would be like putting on a stiffer spring, and putting in thicker shock oil at the same time. Sliding the screws would be changing just the spring. You can use a combination of these 2 to change just the "shock oil". Hope that helps.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Awesomatix drivers take 3 for 5 touring car classes at US Indoor Champs in Cleveland, Ohio. 3 TQ & Wins!!!!

Mike Gee - 17.5 TC + four other Awesomatix drivers; 5 Awesomatix cars in 17.5 A-main!
Bill Sydor - 13.5 TC
Manny Flores - USGT

In Mod TC Mike Gee and Josh Cyrul qualified 3rd and 4th and finished in the same order behind Andrew Hardman who won over Keven Hebert

Great job guys!

Awesomatix touring cars have TQ + Won every major 17.5 TC carpet race in 2014. Thank you to all of the racers who have gotten behind this revolutionary car. Big thanks to Oleg for making this magical feat of engineering excellence.

Last edited by hanulec; 11-30-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you from the support I got from your drivers at the champs this year. Brian Wynn and Josh Cyrul were big help to me. I had gotten me car Wedsenday the day before the champs. Never setting up or understanding what to do on the car they both took time to help me. I stared the vta main in 9th and drove to a 4th place finish just behind 3rd. Can't wait to see what this year brings!
Old 12-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all

I'm building a brand new A700L and have run into an issue with regards to the rear unis.

It looks like both universals are binding where ST-16 pivots on the ST-02 axle. When the 10x6 bearing is removed they unbind and move freely so it looks like a tolerance issue. Initially thought it was the PIN01 causing it but there is clearance between the pin and the inside of the axle.

Have I missed something during assembly?
Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tangtester
Thank you from the support I got from your drivers at the champs this year. Brian Wynn and Josh Cyrul were big help to me. I had gotten me car Wedsenday the day before the champs. Never setting up or understanding what to do on the car they both took time to help me. I stared the vta main in 9th and drove to a 4th place finish just behind 3rd. Can't wait to see what this year brings!
Yup, the Awesomatix team are awesome at supporting racers at events. Any chance of seeing you USVTA setup sheet for the A700?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchynads
Hi all

I'm building a brand new A700L and have run into an issue with regards to the rear unis.

It looks like both universals are binding where ST-16 pivots on the ST-02 axle. When the 10x6 bearing is removed they unbind and move freely so it looks like a tolerance issue. Initially thought it was the PIN01 causing it but there is clearance between the pin and the inside of the axle.

Have I missed something during assembly?
Yes what you need to do is squeeze the st02 so that the bearing and at13 are not a snug fit (not loose either). You want to squeeze on the front side of st02 (part that sticks out towards the wheel). What happens is that it gets spread to far apart when first assembling or just production variance.

Let me know if this helps.

Monti
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looking for a deal on a Awesomatix brushless servo.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

What a great weekend for Awesomatix at the US Indoor Champs. TQ + win in 21.5, 17.5, and 13.5, plus a podium finish in modified. Cant thank hanulec enough for doing what he does to let us race the car here, I know I wouldnt want to be without one

I really hope this weekend shows people the preconceived notions they may have about the car are wrong. This track was a combination of everything that people think hold the car back, super high grip (it will traction roll) and the bumpiest track I have ever seen in my life (not good on bumps). The car dominated spec classes, and I was only a few seconds behind the super canadian duo in mod in qualifying, which for me is a win as I have nowhere near the experience level of those guys in modified. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Awesomatix
Old 12-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
What a great weekend for Awesomatix at the US Indoor Champs. TQ + win in 21.5, 17.5, and 13.5, plus a podium finish in modified. Cant thank hanulec enough for doing what he does to let us race the car here, I know I wouldnt want to be without one

I really hope this weekend shows people the preconceived notions they may have about the car are wrong. This track was a combination of everything that people think hold the car back, super high grip (it will traction roll) and the bumpiest track I have ever seen in my life (not good on bumps). The car dominated spec classes, and I was only a few seconds behind the super canadian duo in mod in qualifying, which for me is a win as I have nowhere near the experience level of those guys in modified. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Awesomatix
Congrats!... Happy to see the team continue to dominate
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, I was trying to figure out the difference that needs to be factored into setups when going to the XRay balls and cups to replace the stock Awesomatix AT21 and P31s.

I saw the ST24 come in at .7mm shorter than the AT21 setup. Is that the same for the Xray bits? Reason I ask is I had enough extra Xray ball cups and balls to fit 2 cars with them, and want to know what tweak I need to give to the setups to get the right roll center. The Xray balls look very similar to the ST24, but it is hard to tell how they match up for height.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Clegg
Hey guys, I was trying to figure out the difference that needs to be factored into setups when going to the XRay balls and cups to replace the stock Awesomatix AT21 and P31s.

I saw the ST24 come in at .7mm shorter than the AT21 setup. Is that the same for the Xray bits? Reason I ask is I had enough extra Xray ball cups and balls to fit 2 cars with them, and want to know what tweak I need to give to the setups to get the right roll center. The Xray balls look very similar to the ST24, but it is hard to tell how they match up for height.
If I remember correctly the xray balls are closer to 1mm shorter. I have been telling guys at my track to add 1mm shims for xray balls and it seems to work out well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.