Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:36 AM

Okay interesting. Keep us updated on the bando belts
Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Vasco C
Sorry guys, I hate to bring it to you but there's been a little misunderstanding..

The gear diff is NOT included in the special action price. So its:

- TF6 kit
- Lipo chassis
- Lipo upperdeck

For 499 euro's.

Its possible to order the gear diff with the package too. Will cost you somewhere about 30 or 40 euro's..

When interested you can either contact me ( [email protected] ) or Chissi's dad directly ( [email protected] ).

Please excuse me for the inconvenience.
so i finally got a reply, but the price is 529 euros now, so a bit of a price jump, another 36 euros for shipping, so total is 565 euros shipped, I was hoping to pay 530 euros shipped, so I guess this will not happen for me, the deal breaker really was not the extra 35 euros but, no paypal, really in todays day and age, you can be on face book, but no paypal even tough you sell a product
Old 12-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My 2nd car has just arrived from the Krapp's, early xmas pressie. This one is being set up for 13.5 brushless class at TITC so I should be easier on these belts

Originally Posted by zaraz
so i finally got a reply, but the price is 529 euros now, so a bit of a price jump, another 36 euros for shipping, so total is 565 euros shipped, I was hoping to pay 530 euros shipped, so I guess this will not happen for me, the deal breaker really was not the extra 35 euros but, no paypal, really in todays day and age, you can be on face book, but no paypal even tough you sell a product
RC champ and pro shop futaba both stock the car and do paypal. It's an expensive car because there isn't an updated kit that includes the lipo chassis, new top deck, and gear diff.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the car is worth every penny , paypal is not so common over here in holland and Germany , BUT with the IBAN system from banks a transfer takes a day and is free , this is why paypal is dying here

Do it mate , Whats 35 euros ???? 1 good meal , half a good night out drinking beer

Seriously i LOVE me Kyo and will only drive Kyosho touring cars !!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear that the price has gone up, I wasn't aware of that. To clear things out...

I'm not the one selling the cars, making the prices or anything. I just got the information about a special kit price at Krapp's so I decided to spread the word on here since a lot of people are willing to buy the car but are simply unable to since not many shops carry the TF6.

The Facebook/Paypal comparison doesn't really make sense. The Kyosho/Orion fanpage on Facebook has nothing to do with Kyosho or Orion itself, it's something I've started to see if I can improve service/support.. I'm not responsible, and neither is Kyosho for the fact that Chrissi's dad doesn't have Paypal for the reason Phil explained. Krapp's RC shop is just a local hobby shop, no website or anything so normally no need for Paypal anyways. Just be glad somebody is willing to put the effort in to ship the kits which he normally doesn't do.

I'm just trying to help everybody out, no haters please!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

sorry, not being a hater, just fustrated so venting out, I want to purchase the car, I am willing to pay the asking price but wanted to pay via paypal, this way both seller and buyer were protected, so if anyone can recommend where i can purchase a tf6 with the lipo chassis upper and lower deck that will accept paypal, I am ready to order thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
My 2nd car has just arrived from the Krapp's, early xmas pressie. This one is being set up for 13.5 brushless class at TITC so I should be easier on these belts

RC champ and pro shop futaba both stock the car and do paypal. It's an expensive car because there isn't an updated kit that includes the lipo chassis, new top deck, and gear diff.
Hi, i tried both these shops and they do not have the tf6, or I am just stupid and cannot find the car,
when you bought your second car can you tell me what you paid with shipping, and your method of payment thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Hi, i tried both these shops and they do not have the tf6, or I am just stupid and cannot find the car,
when you bought your second car can you tell me what you paid with shipping, and your method of payment thanks
Both champ and pro-shop work by mail order only for international customers. It's really simple, you send them the list of part numbers you want and they'll reply with a quote in 2 days. EMS speed post to Australia takes 3 days so for us it's a very efficient way to shop.

These are the pro shop prices... champ is about 10% cheaper for some reason.
30024 Kyosho TF6 Chassis Kit 47600yen
TFW007 Kyosho TF6 Gear Diff 3200yen
TF233 Kyosho TF6 2.0 Top Deck 2080yen
TF232 Kyosho TF6 Lipo Chassis 7200yen
Postage was 4700yen and paypal charge was 2800yen.

I think from Joachim Krapp I paid US$720 posted, paid by bank transfer and postage took a month with DHL

Like I said, not a cheap car
Old 12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

alright, i email rc champ hopefully I can get a car here thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

bump

Has anyone noticed their uni's chipping/cracking between the recesses where the steel balls sit? This might be another case of "it only happens in mod", but I noticed after only a few meets that both rear uni's have a chip out of them. I've been obsessive about cleaning and there aren't any other signs of wear so it's a real bummer.

Otherwise my car is going great, and I heard some DCJs and steel spool cups are being tested at the moment
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM

In pro stock the same thing happends with the uni's but only after a very long period of time. I guess there's nothing you can do about it, running modified will only make it worse though.

Try some different brands of anti-wear grease. I heard the X-gear one is very good!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

In pro stock the same thing happends with the uni's but only after a very long period of time. I guess there's nothing you can do about it, running modified will only make it worse though.

Try some different brands of anti-wear grease. I heard the X-gear one is very good!
Yeah I think it's just too much stress on a small piece of aluminum in mod, so I'm going to convert the rear to normal blade style unis, I have all the parts at home. I should be seeing Shin at TITC so I'll ask what he does
Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am using the anti wear grease from RC Speedworks , a dutch company and it is the best i have ever used , nice and sticky and it seams to stop the dust getting in

I did have a ball shatter in a crash and this destroyed the shaft , This was my own fault but nothing to spaek of as for wear on the other 3
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Good alternative:

Order the old TF5 spool cups ( TFW-05-01 ) and get yourself some Arrowmax 416/417 double jointed axles. Should fit in nicely right away. I think its also possible to use Tamiya 417 spool cups.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Good alternative:

Order the old TF5 spool cups ( TFW-05-01 ) and get yourself some Arrowmax 416/417 double jointed axles. Should fit in nicely right away. I think its also possible to use Tamiya 417 spool cups.
The arrowmax uni is not long enough, you need 46mm and they are 44. I believe Roche are coming out with their own DCJ that will work.The tamiya spool cups need to be sanded down to fit, you can fit the Roche steel outdrives in this way too.

That said, I haven't had any problems at the front, it's the rear unis that are cracking. To correct this I'm replacing the diff outdrives with 417 ones and running tamiya 42mm bones and blades. You need two sets of the diff halves as there is a long and short, for the Kyosho diff you need 2 longs.

I'm also changing the centre shaft but that's another story! This is all for mod btw, my 13.5 car 100% Kyosho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.