Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Yes there is.

Right HERE
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Nice post Dave.
Very good info on that link! When i first got into pan cars Mark Payne's blog is where i learned to set them up.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default motor change?

When do you guys make a motor change due to age and or performance?
13.5 to different 13.5 or 17.5 to a different 17.5?
What are the things you are looking for in drop off?
Thanks and God Bless
Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Thanks and God Bless
Usually they get slower and run a little hotter then normal.
Ive also seen guys think the motor is the problem, but it ended up being the battery that was tired.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Thanks and God Bless
if that's the case it would be what is the motor of the month

nitro is spot on... also you may want to clean that motor. i did that to my old DUO and now that thing is awesome.... except.... i just picked up a revtech and yeah.... no hype.. thats just a great motor! (shameless plug )
Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I originally bought a used CRC gen X10 and upgraded it to the LE. I also changed the front kingpins to the 1/12 ones and I am running the .55 springs. I feel that I can push this car to the limit and not have to worry about it. I did test drive the X-Ray WGT cars before going with CRC and now I know that I have made the right choice. I absolutely love this car and wonder how much better it will be if I upgrade the front to the lay down type servos. Does it really make that much of a difference?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Can someone enlighten me on what rollout should I run with 8.5T Brushless, 2s Lipo please ?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

I would love to help you, but we do not run mod wgt here in the states. especially with 2s.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
I absolutely love this car and wonder how much better it will be if I upgrade the front to the lay down type servos. Does it really make that much of a difference?
Depending on your Tracks limitations ,ie, how much corner speed your track would allow, (tight/technical or open/flowing) and what level of "HorsePower" the rules at your track permit, the 17403 offers 200mm front track width and with the servo mounted forward allows the battery to be moved further forward. The change in weight distrubition along with the lower COG will allow more corner speed with reduced tendancy to "Traction Roll".

The 17402 is the standard/narrow track width suspension mount. Everything is a compromise as in the trade off between the Flat vs Angled servo mount in terms of steering response. I like the new option parts CRC now offers however, I've found the plastic servo brackets CRC sells to go with the CF suspension plates to be lacking of integrity, therefore I've opted for some Xray alloy TC servo mounts instead.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I originally bought a used CRC gen X10 and upgraded it to the LE. I also changed the front kingpins to the 1/12 ones and I am running the .55 springs. I feel that I can push this car to the limit and not have to worry about it. I did test drive the X-Ray WGT cars before going with CRC and now I know that I have made the right choice. I absolutely love this car and wonder how much better it will be if I upgrade the front to the lay down type servos. Does it really make that much of a difference?
Have you drove Korage Xray ??
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Have you drove Korage Xray ??
never heard of that car.. but i have heard that Xray cars were made for the "bashers"

i thought this was the CRC thread?

MARIO... you still racing? lol
Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Hey mdz, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you run on a 'short course' carpet track?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drillit
Hey mdz, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you run on a 'short course' carpet track?

I run my crc on a carpet track that is shared with sct's on foams.. Was that what you needed to hear? Im sure that your xray basher could work on "our" home track but then again.. xray doesn't have any customer support for their wgt .. Its a basher
Old 12-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Backspace.
Can someone enlighten me on what rollout should I run with 8.5T Brushless, 2s Lipo please ?
I run my 6.5 on a 1/8th track at 42mm with a reasonable amount of ESC timing advance. I guess with a 8.5turn around 45 - 50mm depending on ESC type and settings.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by el salvador
Depending on your Tracks limitations ,ie, how much corner speed your track would allow, (tight/technical or open/flowing) and what level of "HorsePower" the rules at your track permit, the 17403 offers 200mm front track width and with the servo mounted forward allows the battery to be moved further forward. The change in weight distrubition along with the lower COG will allow more corner speed with reduced tendancy to "Traction Roll".

The 17402 is the standard/narrow track width suspension mount. Everything is a compromise as in the trade off between the Flat vs Angled servo mount in terms of steering response. I like the new option parts CRC now offers however, I've found the plastic servo brackets CRC sells to go with the CF suspension plates to be lacking of integrity, therefore I've opted for some Xray alloy TC servo mounts instead.
Yes, laying the servo down makes a huge difference...Before this part was available from CRC i layed my servo flat in the same spot and it was .2 faster
The fact that you can move the battery forward by flipping the servo only sounds like it will work better. I ordered the parts needed and hope i can run it this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.