Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

That would be excellent. My company manufactures extrude aluminum architectural surfacing for interior and exterior applications. We use many finishes with anodized finishing being our prime finish. Thus my business is most definetly not RC parts but there are similarities with use of aluminum, machining, and anodizing.
Again if I had CAD file of these hangers I could definetly have these machined and anodized in 7075 al. T5 or T6 temper. I do know from buying anodized aluminum option parts for RC industry that most of the anodizing applied could be much much better. That's not a dig as the anodizing used is fine but it is not as good as it could be.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I also left review at A-main hopefully Somebody at Xray will take notice!!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Ok, just for you guys here are some pics. Again, this is for a 2014. Notice that visually, it looks symmetrical. The hanger is 55 mm tip to tip. I measured it from the screw hole to the square and then put the calipers down so that I can take a pic. The measurements show a 0.022 inches difference. Of course, this is technique sensitive. But the largest difference I get is around 0.030 inches and the smallest is around 0.015 inches. These are 0.381 mm to 0.762 mm.
From what I can see then it's off. We're talking approx .5mm difference on all ours, that's dead between the high/low end of your measurements. For reference, the .5 deg insert is offset by .375mm, a 1 deg insert moves the pin .725mm. You're giving a ballpark between those 2 numbers, so at best you are .5 deg off, on the other end of the spektrum you're a full degree off. From what I can see that the right arm has more angle in that pic too. If you stick something wedged, like a flathead screwdriver, between the arm and the gearbox, I bet you will see that it fits farther into the right side. By eye, in the pic anyway, it even looks like the right insert hole is farther out.
If you run a straight edge across the back, and measure from that to the point right between the 2 outer hinge pin holes, I bet you'll see a 1mm difference.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-compressed.jpg  
Old 01-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Cpl guys at the track told me the d413 is a pita to work on. I personally love the fact that 4 screws removed and losened sway bar gets my diffs out easiest car i ever worked on. Exotec or someone will make a new hanger im pretty sure.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Cpl guys at the track told me the d413 is a pita to work on. I personally love the fact that 4 screws removed and losened sway bar gets my diffs out easiest car i ever worked on. Exotec or someone will make a new hanger im pretty sure.
I had emailed Exotek already, they are too busy with some other projects at the moment...
Old 01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
From what I can see then it's off. We're talking approx .5mm difference on all ours, that's dead between the high/low end of your measurements. For reference, the .5 deg insert is offset by .375mm, a 1 deg insert moves the pin .725mm. You're giving a ballpark between those 2 numbers, so at best you are .5 deg off, on the other end of the spektrum you're a full degree off. From what I can see that the right arm has more angle in that pic too. If you stick something wedged, like a flathead screwdriver, between the arm and the gearbox, I bet you will see that it fits farther into the right side. By eye, in the pic anyway, it even looks like the right insert hole is farther out.
If you run a straight edge across the back, and measure from that to the point right between the 2 outer hinge pin holes, I bet you'll see a 1mm difference.
Visually on mine, I think it's pretty much on the money. If you look at the pic below, I purposefully took the pic against the floor so that one could see the gaps in relation to the suspension arms. Looking at the holes shown by the red arrows and comparing left/right, I'm pretty much inline.

From my 2014's standpoint, I'm happy with this. Seeing the pics of other's 2015 cars, there's no way I'd be happy with those.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-capture.jpg  
Old 01-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If Exotek is busy which is understandable, what about Spec R?
Again if I can get a CAD file of this part in its true scale I could have it machined and anodized. It would also help to have the revised/fixed measurements for the pill holders.

I am not sure how long it would take but I would do my best to get them done as quickly as possible.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Visually on mine, I think it's pretty much on the money. If you look at the pic below, I purposefully took the pic against the floor so that one could see the gaps in relation to the suspension arms. Looking at the holes shown by the red arrows and comparing left/right, I'm pretty much inline.

From my 2014's standpoint, I'm happy with this. Seeing the pics of other's 2015 cars, there's no way I'd be happy with those.
Even though it was with plastic dial calipers, your numbers tell a different story. If you look at where the brace dips around the chassis, it looks to me like the left is pretty tight to the chassis, while on the right you can see some of the flat part of the brace before it drops down with the insert. Maybe it's just the pics, but the numbers back it up.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

-
Old 01-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even though it was with plastic dial calipers, your numbers tell a different story. If you look at where the brace dips around the chassis, it looks to me like the left is pretty tight to the chassis, while on the right you can see some of the flat part of the brace before it drops down with the insert. Maybe it's just the pics, but the numbers back it up.
I think it's just the "shadowing effect" of the pics. If it were off, one would think that the gaps shown by the arrows on the right would be larger than the left side.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, just for you guys here are some pics. Again, this is for a 2014. Notice that visually, it looks symmetrical. The hanger is 55 mm tip to tip. I measured it from the screw hole to the square and then put the calipers down so that I can take a pic. The measurements show a 0.022 inches difference. Of course, this is technique sensitive. But the largest difference I get is around 0.030 inches and the smallest is around 0.015 inches. These are 0.381 mm to 0.762 mm.
The photo in the middle shows there is still a big gap difference in the right screw hole and insert hole over the left!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Kevin
just noticed my right insert hole end of the RR brace looks to be sitting higher
than the left , i just checked out the post you left on xray xb4 forum about the
dog bones bottoming out and yours looks the same in one of the pics!
not only is the right spaced out further but it sits higher aswell.

Last edited by TPR 1; 01-27-2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I think it's just the "shadowing effect" of the pics. If it were off, one would think that the gaps shown by the arrows on the right would be larger than the left side.
So the toe block is offset but the gaps are even between chassis and arms. So the holes in the diff case have to be offset to the left. Can you take a pic of that? Is that the case that came in the kit or a replacement?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TPR 1
Hey Kevin
just noticed my right insert hole end of the RR brace looks to be sitting higher
than the left , i just checked out the post you left on xray xb4 forum about the
RR brace machined wrong and yours looks the same in one of the pics!
not only is the right spaced out further but it sits higher aswell.
Don't worry, it is designed that way due to screws tightening blah blah blah molds cooling blah blah blah Legendary Attention to blah blah blah
Just kidding. I hadn't noticed, but I will definitely take a look tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Don't worry, it is designed that way due to screws tightening blah blah blah molds cooling blah blah blah Legendary Attention to blah blah blah
Just kidding. I hadn't noticed, but I will definitely take a look tomorrow.
Oh thats right i forgot my bad! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.