Search
Like Tree19Likes

Serpent Cobra GT-E

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Unfortunately our season here in MI/OH is done & some of us are dusting off other stuff to race indoors this winter.
Still have 4 weeks left in va
Then offroad weather permitting
Just picked up a tlr 22 for indoor cause the serpent spyder isn't avail. Yet
Old 10-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like Serpent has a new truggy e conversion. Might be interesting as from the description it says it uses buggy parts except for the truggy specific parts. The chassis has a new part number. What is really interesting is it says it fits all common buggy and truggy motors. This means there must be more space between the steering blocks and the battery holders. Might be able to squeeze in that Tekin 2250 after all. Anyone know what the wheelbase of the truggy is vs the buggy? Hopefully it's not that much and will allow using the same bodies. Or maybe it's the equivalent of the GT2 or Team C long wheelbase?

http://www.serpent.com/product/600666/
Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Interesting that they did not include the alumn servo mount and other carbon bits.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guy's, who supply's a good fitting body for the serpent cobra GTe? Ive got bodies where the length is ok but the width is wrong, if any one knows where i can find i good fitting body can they let me know, thanks fellers.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran this one http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...GTP-Body-Clear

I did not have to do any mods for it to fit but in retrospect maybe should have glued a little extra foam on the bumper to make it a tighter fit to avoid the cracking on the wheel wells.. Though I'm sure avoiding the boards would have helped a lot more

I bought this one toward the end of the season and had to cut the bumper down a lot. This seems to be the case for many bodies.. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-GT-Clear-Body
Old 10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks mate!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone else know if a narrower body to fit the serpent properly , I just don't like the way normal 1/8th scale bodies fit being perfect length but the width is to wide, if anyone knows our one please let me know, I'm even thinking of cutting a body down the middle and removing the right amount and rejoining it, but there must be a body available for this car that fits like it should, please anyone with any help let me know, thanks everyone!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

First track day of spring yesterday was pain getting tires to temp but the cobra had fast lap in every heat I ran !!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

I'm sorry if this is has already been covered, but I wanted to know what tires and wheels work best for this car. I know track conditions dictate what tires to use, but what is a good all around slick tire for this car?

Also, what body works the best with this car?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle3333
I'm sorry if this is has already been covered, but I wanted to know what tires and wheels work best for this car. I know track conditions dictate what tires to use, but what is a good all around slick tire for this car?

Thanks.
Tire of choice at our track has been GRP's
No other tire has been able give better lap times.
B compounds have been best for me.
Best place to buy them from is BrucknerHobbies.com

Also if you want to try Alpha's also. nitro guys really like those.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks.
I run sweeps for slicks but the alphas are good too however they seem to wear out faster imo for treaded tires I run Grp x and k compound but they are a diff diameter tire and will force you to alter you're setup. The grps are sticky as Hell when they are warmed up though and last for several race days on my track
Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

I also just got a body from sweep that looks nice but most run the protoform dp8 its cheap and fits nice but req trimming the bumper foam. Any gt1 body will fit not the kyosho or ofna gtv body's
Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks.
Can't upload from my phone but my avatar is the proto form body
Old 04-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the recommendations on tires and bodies.

I come from 1/10th off-road racing, so trying to figure out what diameter tire to get has me clueless.

Can anyone shed some light on that? I see 45mm all the way up to 55mm. What applications and/or circumstances dictate what size to use? Is there a size that is the most popular and works in most conditions?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the recommendations on tires and bodies.

I come from 1/10th off-road racing, so trying to figure out what diameter tire to get has me clueless.

Can anyone shed some light on that? I see 45mm all the way up to 55mm. What applications and/or circumstances dictate what size to use? Is there a size that is the most popular and works in most conditions?
All Gt tires are about the same size except for the GRPs they are smaller then other tires so they have shorter rollout.
But it's nothing to worry about(unless your doing speed runs) with a 7.40FDR on my GT-e with a 2650 I loose between 2-3mph on our back straight but my lap times are much faster.
Gear for temps not tires. The GRPs do take a little longer to warm up but when the do they out perform slicks by far and they are $12 a set cheaper.
I've been using GRPs for a couple years and tried all compounds but B compound have always been most consistent for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.