Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
That looks like a clean setup. How easy are the battery changes?
Thanks YR4Dude!

The battery fits under the chassis brace/top plate support just in front of the motor. At the front of the battery you can either leave it as is or I'm thinking I will make two small slits in the top plate on either side of the battery opening to slip a velcro strap through and have it so it won't pull through the plate. So then this would come from either side of the battery and strap across the top of the battery. Prior to accessing the battery, you pull off a cover that is a cutout in the body. See the pic below:

I haven't timed it, but it can be done in less than 10 seconds without the velcro...maybe another 2 seconds with the velcro.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default wow

Originally Posted by MAD916
Just got our 2650 mh 5S packs yesterday so our Timezone E-mugen will hit the track again this sunday....

this is a shot from last year with 4s packs and a speed pasion speedo.... which by the way did not work.
Wow looks like the mrx3....I like it. Is that a custom motor mount or does someone manufacture it already.

Thanks,
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah this is based off one of our old MRX3's. the mount is one off that we made to prove the concept. just takes the motor mount, and the (2) lay shafts to convert from gas car.

It works great, and was the winner of last years TZGP Electric Challenge... get them ready and let's have a rematch this July 23 24 25 2010 at Timezone Raceway....

Can't wait to get the new cells in it and see what this thing can due on 5S
Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Sorry, i do not. But i have seen it beeing posted on Redrc, perhaps not for evolva 05 0r m3 but it sure has been posted for some 1/8 track car.

Lets ask in the nitro section.
I think that is a Capicorn version for Serpent 960....
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone converted one of the new " 1/8 classic pan cars"? A simple and light 2wd drive setup might be a much easier load to setup correctly motor/battery wise? This class might get more acceptance going that route. Comments please? I still think the square battery shape that Eastbay Pete has developed, is the way to go packaging wise.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Has anyone converted one of the new " 1/8 classic pan cars"? A simple and light 2wd drive setup might be a much easier load to setup correctly motor/battery wise? This class might get more acceptance going that route. Comments please? I still think the square battery shape that Eastbay Pete has developed, is the way to go packaging wise.
By theory, without a doubt, it will be the cheapest, lightest and fastest.

However......it is no 4WD. It does not have independence suspension with the rear floating system that interconnect with the GTP body's downforce....converting the nitro version is the 'INTERESTING" idea and so far alot of us made them very fast and quick on the track.

To custom made a 1/8th version of the 12th scale pan car required some machining...it is definitely do-able. I think that someone can use a lot of the current 1/10th WGT parts, along with the custom wide and long carbon fiber chassis that will fit under the 1/8th GTP type body, then custom made the wheel adaptors that can mount the quick release type 1/8th foam tires, then it will be done...

If I have the CNC, the skill of machining...I think I would love to build one myself.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

I think you missed my point, but you are correct the 4wd suspended cars are no doubt formula 1 minatures. I am sure some manufacturer has thought of this also, we should see an 1/8 based electric pan car shortly.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Motonica makes all 3 1/8 scale electric cars, P8C electron 2wd pan car (I have a P8C (nitro) on the way), 4wd P8F electron, and P81 electron full suspension 4wd. I still want the big square 6s battery from East Bay Pete. I'm not sure 4s is going to get the job done with these cars, maybe with the pan chassis cars.

http://www.motonica.com/en/products

Last edited by williamw; 05-30-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is my edam... Itīs build 90%, but i could try it... Amazing!!!
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-foto-3-.jpg  
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

East Bay Pete's Evolva (05 & M3) Conversion Update!

Ok guys, the one thing that's been holding me back from really pushing you all to convert an Evolva to my brushless design has been my lack of confidence in being able to consistently supply the custom 6S pack due to manufacturer hold ups. Well, I think I may have a solution to this issue in the near future. I just have to get some more specs and do a test fit and I'll know for sure, but the preliminary information looks good!!

Stay tuned for more information about this breaking news!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default 1/8 pan gearing

I,m going to make a new chassis for my 1/8 pan car. ( for pics,see post #2) It will have a 4s2p saddle pack of A123 cells.(13.2 volts,4.6 amp/hr) I plan on using an "L" size motor with a KV of about 2500. All up weight should be about 4.5 lbs. I need some help with the gearing. My thoughts run to 3-4 to 1. Can anyone give me a better idea? Thanks, Don
Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLS II
I,m going to make a new chassis for my 1/8 pan car. ( for pics,see post #2) It will have a 4s2p saddle pack of A123 cells.(13.2 volts,4.6 amp/hr) I plan on using an "L" size motor with a KV of about 2500. All up weight should be about 4.5 lbs. I need some help with the gearing. My thoughts run to 3-4 to 1. Can anyone give me a better idea? Thanks, Don
You may just want to figure out the roll out and work from there.
Tire size will be the determining factor.
If the car works well, I may have to build one up soon.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

The tire diameter is 65mm. I've heard of rollout, but never used it. Don
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default HERE'S THE ANSWER TO THE 3 SPEED SPEED RIDE!!!!

I HAVE THE SCHUMACHER GTR-E 3 SPEED BRUSHLESS RIDE,,I HAVE HAD THE NONAK HV MAXX SYSTEM WITH A 4.5 SYSTEM AND IT WOULD POP THE 100MPH MARK VERY EASY,,BUT I NOW HAVE THE MAMBA MAX PRO/5700KV SYSTEM ON IT AND IT IS A SICK FAST RIDE,,THE 3 SPEED PINIONS ARE ONLY MADE FOR THE 1/10 SCALE SHAFTS,,BUT THIS CAR WILL DO AVG OF 125 ON 4'S LIPO,,BUT I HAVE YET TO HAVE THE SMOOTH LONG ENOUGH SURFACE TO GET HER TOPPED OUT,,,I HAVE THIS CAR UP FOR SALE FOR ONE MORE TIME BEFORE I KEEP HER,,RUNNING ALOT OF BRUSHLESS HYDRO BUILDS RIGHT NOW,,BUT THIS IS A VERY RARE CAR TO FIND BY ANYBODY NOW,,I HAVE IT POSTED ON RC UNIVERSE ,,,BUT I HAVE A GUY FROM OVERSEAS THAT HAS MADE A OFFER FOR A HIGH DOLLAR PRICE,,JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO,,,BUT THIS IS A DEAL FOR SOMEONE SEEKING THIS VERY RARE RIDE,,IN CASE ANY OF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED,,IT IS A TRUE ELECTRIC BUILT CAR,,NOT A NITRO TO ELECTRIC CONVERSION,,JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE!!
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-gtr-e-2.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-gtr-e-3.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-gtr-e-4.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-gtr-e-5.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-gtr-e-7.jpg  

Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Here are some images of my new eM3 layout.
Chassis was cut today!
Note that the belt layout has been re-arranged to accommodate batteries on each side of the chassis which creates equal mass from side to side.
The batteries can be mounted either vertical or horizontal depending on how you want to manipulate the Center of Gravity.
Obviously some parts are missing. i just wanted to share some ideas with the layout.
This setup should fit most standard hardcase lipos, 2 and 3 cell X 2 as long as they are 138mm or less in length.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-saddle-pack-chassis1.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-saddle-pack-chassis2.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-saddle-pack-chassis3.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-saddle-pack-chassis4.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.