Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

As you said you were entering the sweeper in which case your car will transfer weight to the outside of the car. Rolling is to be expected. Now you want to think about weather it was rolling or transferring to much weight causing you not to be able to sick to the sweeper, or the opposite. Also, speaking more towards how unlevel your car is from front to back is also caused by weight transfer as well. In this case you were obviously on throttle therefore, more weight than normal backwards. Off throttle or while breaking would have look exactly the opposite with more weight to the front of the car, giving more steering. How much or how little weight it transfered has everything to do with your spring rate.

Sleep on that and when you think you have it all figured out, ask about your roll center ;-)

PS. The XXX main book might interest you if you can find a copy.

Last edited by IslandBwoy; 10-02-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default rolling keep rolling,rolling

IMO that is what u want the chassis is working..only when it keeps rolling u would need to worry ...all in the roll center ..looks good
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
Love ya Man. Thanks for the props - it's all about the team. You know I'm proud to stand beside you each weekend and look forward to another weekend of racing with some of the best!!!

L8R Marker
Dang Steve . . .

Can't you come up with anything original? First you gotta incinuate that you had something to do with McGoo's set up. Then you can't even come up with your own "Thank You".

Jerk Face . . .. .
Old 10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Great job to all the Schumacher team drivers and privateers at Vegas. After reading all the emails sounds like the Team worked great together and had great results to go along with all the fun.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Thanks for throwing that up for us McGoo
Ditto!!!!!
One question though- the lowered shock towers have 5 holes in them, which holes do your set-up sheet represent?
BIF though....GREAT JOB @ THE iiC!! And when is Team Tamale gonna have those hubs set?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Ditto!!!!!
One question though- the lowered shock towers have 5 holes in them, which holes do your set-up sheet represent?
BIF though....GREAT JOB @ THE iiC!! And when is Team Tamale gonna have those hubs set?
thanks man....the holes 1 down from the outermost hole in the front, and they are completely layed down on the rear tower....

as for tamale....all done up....i will get with him tomorrow and let him know who as preordered them.....and then you can contact him directly.

by the way....they are BUTTER!!! so smooth and are a perfect fit!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Saweet!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In response to Skiddins pic - is it me or is your wing way back on the body on your car where the other cars' wing is in the center? Not sure if that would put that much downforce on the rear like that but maybe a little different placement of your wing might help.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
thanks man....the holes 1 down from the outermost hole in the front, and they are completely layed down on the rear tower....

as for tamale....all done up....i will get with him tomorrow and let him know who as preordered them.....and then you can contact him directly.

by the way....they are BUTTER!!! so smooth and are a perfect fit!
dont forget mine!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
In response to Skiddins pic - is it me or is your wing way back on the body on your car where the other cars' wing is in the center? Not sure if that would put that much downforce on the rear like that but maybe a little different placement of your wing might help.

good eyes,
Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I run my wings fairly far back generally, but just because I like the look. That one looks like it's cut to full size, I normally take about 4mm off the top when I run them that far back. You could always try some anti-squat to keep the rear from diving down, although if that's entering a turn, it should be the front end diving, so it most likely does have something to do with the big wing mounted so far back.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
A handling question.

The following photo is of my car starting to go into the sweeper at West London, so flat out in 27t at that point (The Mi3 of course ).

When my car is on the table the bodyshell is almost dead level along it's bottom edge, yet in the photo the back end is virtually scraping the ground.
Although I did quite well at that meet and the car felt OK, does this indicate that there is something I should be looking at with regard to the handling, is the back biting/diving too much into the corner?

Here is the setup I used;
BTCC Mi3

Thanks
Skiddins
I'd say the attitude of your car looks good if you're at full throttle at this point. Here's a shot of my car (this is my EC from the 06 KOGP) in the middle of the sweeper at Tamiya running a 3.5 brushless. So I'm off the throttle completely and the attitude is pretty much perfectly level.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default setups

so when are you guys going to get your setups up from the iic? I need to build my rubber tire car.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Kerr, you're just showing off now. Great pic
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wcalaker
The wing overhangs at the rear by just under 10mm, basicaaly as far back as I can get it within National rules.

Remember we are only allowed 40mm wing chord, so we have to cut more from the front edge, this probably helps exagerate the look.

Thanks guys, some usefull info.

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.