Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Hii....

Did anybody try..to used 13.5r and compare it to 11.5r (with SP GT 2.0 esc used beta firmware)...seems the 11.5 tends to overheating more than 13.5r???.....say we used it for 8 Mnts race....which one better???
Old 04-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 422 software

Hobbywing .com have the new software on there site (still beta version) and someone at my club has installed onto a SP 2.0 pro . ROCKET
Old 04-30-2010, 06:18 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Default turbo software with shaft driven car?

Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone is running the beta software with a shaft driven car? I'm running a TB03, and I know that shaft cars are known to be really difficult to control with mod motors. Would using this software make a 11.5t motor too fast to be used in my car?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrenchFries
Hii....

Did anybody try..to used 13.5r and compare it to 11.5r (with SP GT 2.0 esc used beta firmware)...seems the 11.5 tends to overheating more than 13.5r???.....say we used it for 8 Mnts race....which one better???
Motor itself SHOULD NOT getting hotter compare to the other if you gear it right and have the right setting on software. Just like the old time...you don't gear the 8T mod motor the same way you gear the 27T motor, so does their timing...same idea on 11.5 vs 13.5

Your gearing on 11.5 motor must be higher then the 13.5 motor...your software setting on 11.5 motor must be "softer" then the 13.5...and for 8 minutes racing, both of the setting must get "tuned down" compare to the 5-6 minutes racing.

If there are no limit about which motor to use at your race...the 13.5 with the latest software MIGHT have the edge over the 11.5 is not because 13.5 is faster....it is because the software can squeeze out most of the juice from the 13.5 motor, the power band on 13.5 is wider and adjustability from the software with the 13.5 is wider then 11.5....11.5 is like 10.5, is very much pushing the limit of the SC software, feel like you are at the border line of getting the fastest motor or your motor will melt in next lap.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tns
Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone is running the beta software with a shaft driven car? I'm running a TB03, and I know that shaft cars are known to be really difficult to control with mod motors. Would using this software make a 11.5t motor too fast to be used in my car?

Thanks!
No car is easy to control with MOD motor...it is all about SETUP, it has nothing to do with the design of the drivetrain, like shaft or belt, 4WD or FWD or 2WD....

Atsushi Hara won the WORLD event with the PRO 4 over the belts car years ago, with MOD motor.

But you have 1 concern...how long can the pinion/spur (your gear box) last with the MOD or SC software...that is the reason why I will not get back to shaft because BELT will never fail like shaft does. Shaft cars tend to get the pinion/spur gears (in the gear box) stripped due to the massive power by the SC or Turbo or Mod motor...
Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
No car is easy to control with MOD motor...it is all about SETUP, it has nothing to do with the design of the drivetrain, like shaft or belt, 4WD or FWD or 2WD....

Atsushi Hara won the WORLD event with the PRO 4 over the belts car years ago, with MOD motor.

But you have 1 concern...how long can the pinion/spur (your gear box) last with the MOD or SC software...that is the reason why I will not get back to shaft because BELT will never fail like shaft does. Shaft cars tend to get the pinion/spur gears (in the gear box) stripped due to the massive power by the SC or Turbo or Mod motor...
I'm afraid he didn't. His word title was with a belt-drive Yokomo, all the world's since then have also been won by belt cars (either Tamiya or HB).

The torque steer on shaft cars DOES make them hard to drive when there is more power than grip. The world's best drivers can hustle anything around, for most of us we need something easy to drive for five minutes - belts are the answer.

Belts will fail. Probably more likely than with a well engineered and prepared shaft car.

tns - I doubt that the software will make the motor too fast for the car, it is a sound design if you add a couple of well chosen hop-ups. But it may be too fast for the conditions or for your skills!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi can anyone give me any info on setting my cars esc's up , both are sp lpf speedos on the 231 software and both speedos are set up the same ....

my settings are ..
no. 4 drrs : 7
no .9 amts : 4

no. 12 : 3
no. 13 :1
no. 14 : 2
no. 15 : 5

both cars are quite quick ( both schumacher mi4's ) ..

my tarmac mi4 has a novak balistic 17.5t , its not quite quick enough on the main straight and the motor is getting a bit warm .. and has a fdr of 5.28 ....

my other mi4 is used on carpet and last night was the first time it was run with a sp esc ... again its quite quick , but the motor is getting hot .. this has a novak ss 13.5t . my fdr was at 6.95 last night , ( when its normaly 5.88 when i use a nosram matrix istc esc ) .. but last night i turned the turbo off for the final , to try and get the motor to cool down .. but it still didnt ... any help is appreciated ...........
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shaun207
hi can anyone give me any info on setting my cars esc's up , both are sp lpf speedos on the 231 software and both speedos are set up the same ....

my settings are ..
no. 4 drrs : 7
no .9 amts : 4

no. 12 : 3
no. 13 :1
no. 14 : 2
no. 15 : 5

both cars are quite quick ( both schumacher mi4's ) ..

my tarmac mi4 has a novak balistic 17.5t , its not quite quick enough on the main straight and the motor is getting a bit warm .. and has a fdr of 5.28 ....

my other mi4 is used on carpet and last night was the first time it was run with a sp esc ... again its quite quick , but the motor is getting hot .. this has a novak ss 13.5t . my fdr was at 6.95 last night , ( when its normaly 5.88 when i use a nosram matrix istc esc ) .. but last night i turned the turbo off for the final , to try and get the motor to cool down .. but it still didnt ... any help is appreciated ...........
What sort of temperatures where you getting ?
I've got pretty good results from the 230 software, but then my motor was coming off at around 78 degrees C which is on the hot side but not too extreme - could let you have those settings if you want.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Graham Oliver
What sort of temperatures where you getting ?
I've got pretty good results from the 230 software, but then my motor was coming off at around 78 degrees C which is on the hot side but not too extreme - could let you have those settings if you want.
it said 160 fareheit , but it felt bloody hot !!!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

it said 160 fareheit , but it felt bloody hot !!!
Shaun, sounds like you are winding out too high. Raise your boost(12) to about 5 or 6 and try that. Also, raise your AMTS to 8. Not sure how long your straight is so i couldn't tell you what to gear it, but from the sound of it, you need to add a couple of teeth onto your pinion.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

at the track for some testing thanks Charlie for the settings , I will keep you updated
Old 05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Shaun, sounds like you are winding out too high. Raise your boost(12) to about 5 or 6 and try that. Also, raise your AMTS to 8. Not sure how long your straight is so i couldn't tell you what to gear it, but from the sound of it, you need to add a couple of teeth onto your pinion.
cheers for your help .. i was'nt sure if they should have been set higher , i thought it would have got it alot hotter ...would puting a bigger pinion make it hotter.. but i will change it now and try it tomorrow on a outdoor meeting.... cheers
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

cheers for your help .. i was'nt sure if they should have been set higher , i thought it would have got it alot hotter ...would puting a bigger pinion make it hotter.. but i will change it now and try it tomorrow on a outdoor meeting.... cheers
A bigger pinion would make it hotter, If you are over geared. You also will overheat your motor is you are UNDERgeared. So finding the sweetspot is the key.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrenchFries
Hii....

Lately I have been doing more mod then stock (17.5) so i have been testing most of the new software with what I would consider mod motors, 13.5. 10.5 9.5 and 8.5 the 8.5 got the hottest at 175 degrees, the rest of the motors heat was not an issue. I believe that maybe some are gearing to high and the motors are being "wound out" and that is creating the heat. I have been able to get a 8.5 to run on par with a 4.5 other then bottom end rip out of a corner. and of course that depends on the other drivers skill and what ESC he is using. My test time is limited as i run on a outdoor parking lot track that is gets torn down after every race day, so i basically get, 1/2 hour of practice, the quals and main to figure stuff out.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 422stock test

hi
just tested the 422stock which i got from the other thread.

i ran it on my sp gt2 with a team wave 17.5 and used the settings recommended for a 17.5 which i also got from the other thread.

track aldershot

my car is a shumacher 3.5

fgr 6

4# 6
9# 8
12# 9
13# 1
14# 5
15# 1

i was a bit dubious about 15 at 1 but gave it a run and didnt seem too hot. after 6 mins it was at about 75c so moved it to 4.
gave it about a 10 min run and it came off at about 60c

the speed was tremendous! someone at the track had a speed gun and clocked me at 44mph at the end of a 45meter straight. one of the other guys at the track was running a 13.5 with a gm120 and he was only clocking about 49mph. he is also one of the fastest drivers in the club. not sure what my lap times were but it had loads of punch for the infield.

will be running at a meeting tomorow if the weather holds out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.