Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default FGX or F109

I'm looking into a 3racing F1 to race at my local carpet tracks. Entirely unsure as to which to get the FGX or the F109. I race pan car as my primary class right now, but I'm not opposed to racing something different. Most of the cars I'll be running against will for the Tamiya F104 X1. One track will be running silver can, the other 21.5 brushless and both will be run with rubber tires (probably RIDE). Anyone have any suggestions here?

Last edited by oceanhighz; 11-07-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
F104's cost double the fgx price, and will not outperform it by much if at all ! If there is a consensus that the arms are weak, which I don't believe is 3racing's fault that people crash too much, then the aftermarket folks should step in to provide steel arm, but I don't think 3racing should !!! I would rather break a cheap arm than a more expensive part, by the way... What you see as defect actually is better than an aftermarket super strong arm that leads to bigger problems ... I command 3racing for their product, and refute these weak (tamiya)polarized claims outright !!!
It's the gift that just keeps giving at the moment!!

Right... so let me get the argument straight.
The fact that the arms breaks is a benefit, yeah? so when you have a crash any other F1 would walk away from (hell, on my 104 I've broken a t-bar in half on one crash, and still the front arms stayed together).. the fact you then have to spend your hard earned money to fix it is a positive, right?

Or in other words, it's like buying a new phone, finding it breaks the screen every time you put it in your pocket a little roughly, so have to keep putting new ones on... tell me if I'm making sense here..

I'm not going to get into a FGX vs 104 speed debate. I have my view, and am willing to share it with more reasoned persons.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default FGX or F109

double post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Thumbs down

I agree with Lotus about the marshalls staying outside of the track until there is a problem, and that it forces racers to drive better... When I use to practice with my Nikko F1 among the 8scales, I knew that if I got hit , that was it for my car, so I learned to take my time and not hit others at all for days on end...Exactly what "some" in CHINA need to do before claiming the fgx arms are weak ! Your driving skills are weak ! WORK ON YOUR DRIVING SKILLS ! Stop criticizing the car because you lose races crashing ! My FGX will be home tomorrow, by the way . I missed the mailman today...I doubt the FGX will be weaker than my old hard plastic Nikko F1, and that's good enough for $125 !!! The BRUCE LEE attitude does not work in F1 RACING OK !!!!!! We all know what happened to him...lol...
Comparing a Nikko F1 against FGX? What a troll.

By the way, were you practicing your Nikko F1 on the pit table while the other 8 scalers were on the track?

Your last defense for calling other a weak driver pretty much speaks for your arrogance and ignorance.

I didn't know Bruce Lee was into F1. What other funny analogies you're coming up with? Let's hear them.

By the way, show us some racing videos that you won without hitting anything. And by the way, racing your FGX with Nikko F1 doesn't count!

Let's see what he has to troll next...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I have noticed where I race that having corner marshals has led to an increase in sloppy driving and overdriving of the cars in all classes, as I think that many have developed the attitude that if they screw up and crash or spin, that the corner marshal will get them going again. This has led to "sloppy" races filled with needless crashes and drivers taking ridiculous risks on the track.
This is almost comical. Anybody who is in the slightest serious about driving should have a goal of 6 spotless minutes of racing every time they hit the track. I don't know anyone who feels they can crash out and have any chance at winning. Anyone who is counting on corner marshalls in their racing is seriously ill.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I race purely for fun, and not to see my name printed on websites, so geeky Chinese suck ups can drool over ! People come to New York from China, not the other way around, BRUCE !!! Ten FGX messing up their front arms tells me there are many of you Chinese racers that can't drive ! When anyone goes to take a DMV driving test, the first thing they tell you is to watch out for Asian drivers because they have zero peripheral vision, hence the constant geeky head movements, so WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT IS ANY DIFFERENT IN RC RACING ???? Rc racing is much faster than regular driving ! You wont see the wall with your lack of peripheral vision ! Drivers like Hara will never be able to see what most of us none Asians can see, and that is a fact... I'll stay away when I see you guys coming.....
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I race purely for fun, and not to see my name printed on websites, so geeky Chinese suck ups can drool over ! People come to New York from China, not the other way around, BRUCE !!! Ten FGX messing up their front arms tells me there are many of you Chinese racers that can't drive ! When anyone goes to take a DMV driving test, the first thing they tell you is to watch out for Asian drivers because they have zero peripheral vision, hence the constant geeky head movements, so WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT IS ANY DIFFERENT IN RC RACING ???? Rc racing is much faster than regular driving ! You wont see the wall with your lack of peripheral vision ! Drivers like Hara will never be able to see what most of us none Asians can see, and that is a fact... I'll stay away when I see you guys coming.....

are you EFFIN serious???? so tell us how you feel about blacks and mexicans! JACKHOLE, do us all a favor and take your racist comments, attitude (and Niko) straight to the pits of hell you came from. BTW NIKO sucks man, let it go. once again NIKO SUCKS
Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Word
Old 11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

This has nothing to do with race buddy , and all to do with eye lid openings that are considerably restricted in Asians that make it impossible to have any peripheral vision !!!! My comments were medical facts and not racist rants... Maybe you feel bad about yourself, but that has nothing to do with the fact that rc cars are moving at 8meters per second, and every bit of sight advantage counts . Asians are disadvantaged in that respect , and consequently will be more prone to breaking their cars, but I am not making racist claims here, but rather medically proven facts !!!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Initiate

ok now that the racism is over can anyone tell me a source for ride tires in the u.s. ? i would really like to race my fgx but there are no tires availible at tq racing
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This has nothing to do with race buddy , and all to do with eye lid openings that are considerably restricted in Asians that make it impossible to have any peripheral vision !!!! My comments were medical facts and not racist rants... Maybe you feel bad about yourself, but that has nothing to do with the fact that rc cars are moving at 8meters per second, and every bit of sight advantage counts . Asians are disadvantaged in that respect , and consequently will be more prone to breaking their cars, but I am not making racist claims here, but rather medically proven facts !!!
Racist Prick
Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

I would have expected you Mantisworks to understand instead of ranting and disrespecting a reputable toy brand , specially when you have put so much effort on your own design !!! An apology is necessary here buddy !!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

I guess there won't be an apology, but if you sometimes feel picked on because of your race, you should stop the people doing it from continuing to do so, but please don't try to reduce everything to a racist issue here ! Let's get back to the fgx ....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let's get back to the fgx ....
Yes, please stop posting so the adults can continue to have an intelligent discussion of this car.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

No apologies needed from anyone to such a racist prick like yourself... I'm afraid to say it, but you really are showing just how much of the bottom of the barrel you really are... pretty sure most other on this forum are pretty horrified at your statements apparently factual statments (but where's the proof... oh yeah, it's in your mind, right?)

To actually be factual on your theory, 5 minutes with google turns up wonders... the anatomy of asian eyes does not result in restriction of perhiperial vision compared to western ones, no more than other facial features (eye socket depth, nose size etc). First search result

Whats most amusing is that I'm actually British, but then looking at my avatar picture would require good eye sight right?

I'm pretty sure Atushi will kick your arse regardless, hey even Hiro would! After all, he kicked everyone else's in the UF1 series!!

Troll dealt with... posts and user reported... back to the FGX

Last edited by TryHard; 11-07-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.