Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Yep, Mark's Photon looked good in mod. I dont think mod is the proving grounds though. We turned 13.3-13.7's in 17.5 fairly consistently, and i think mod's fastest was a 13.2? I wonder how his Photon would have done in 17.5 with that little prep. Not doubting the car at all, you guys have definitely done well with it. Arv got her in the A in Vegas too (he's still runnin Red right?)... so the car's gotta be good.

A loaner? Wanna trade cars for a weekend? lol If you hate my shaftie, for your troubles ill let you soak it with a can of motor spray and torch it after the race. haha
No trade needed. Just tell me what kind of drivetrain you want and I'll get it ready. Ball diffs, gear diffs, spool?? LMK.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
No trade needed. Just tell me what kind of drivetrain you want and I'll get it ready. Ball diffs, gear diffs, spool?? LMK.
Oh i feel giddy. Spool and ball diff? Man i feel like im cheatin on my wife...

It would be nice to go to the Birds with the same car as everyone else...
Old 09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Oh i feel giddy. Spool and ball diff? Man i feel like im cheatin on my wife...

It would be nice to go to the Birds with the same car as everyone else...
I'll have it ready today. LMK when you want it.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I'll have it ready today. LMK when you want it.
Youre the poo Tony. LMK what i need to do to get up with you. The earlier the better so i can install electronics. You think this fresh R9-R will work well??
Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Youre the poo Tony. LMK what i need to do to get up with you. The earlier the better so i can install electronics. You think this fresh R9-R will work well??
YGPM
Old 09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just wanted to give a big shout out and Congrats to Dustin (Ralphie Wiggum) Layne and Jerry (Ballcups) Perez for putting the Photon on T.O.P. at the IIC.

Dustin won and should of TQed the 17.5 no timing class against some good drivers and Put it 6th on the grid for the Super stock main but had some bad luck.

Jerry won the Amateur Touring class. Bringing home 2 more big wins for TOP and the Photon.

Good Job to Arvin for making the show in 17.5 Rubber with his photon and being one of the fastest cars in that class all weekend.

Also EJ bumped into the A main in the Super Stock class and ended up finishing 4th against a tough Field with a day less practice than everyone else.

A much better Vegas showing for the TOP team this year than last year.

I wish I could of been there with you guys it looked like a great race.

Congrats to all the Photon drivers at the race.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

great Job Guys!!
today I ran in Club race with my photon LTD
this is my setup

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
tested a Camber Plate CEFX, and use Internal Hole ant e post.
With Long link is Easy to drive, great!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Just got home! Man what a week... In stock the car practically could of drove it self around the track. Thanks for all the kind words Larry!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by smoke81
Just got home! Man what a week... In stock the car practically could of drove it self around the track. Thanks for all the kind words Larry!
Congrats Dustin. Way to go.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Motor side my car is dragging badly! I know it can't be just my car so what have some if you guys done to fix it or not have it drag so bad! Thanks
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigdog
Motor side my car is dragging badly! I know it can't be just my car so what have some if you guys done to fix it or not have it drag so bad! Thanks
zero drag on mine ..... ive not done any mods , i did'nt know you needed to ...
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Is the chassis dragging or the motor guard? What is your ride height? Is it affecting handling or just something you notice with visual inspection?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's the motor guard then it looks like the motor gets pulled down to cause it's scared pretty bad it is affecting high speed left turns ride height us 5.5 all the way around
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

It's the motor guard then it looks like the motor gets pulled down to cause it's scared pretty bad it is affecting high speed left turns ride height us 5.5 all the way around
I'm running 5.75mm ride height in the back and 5.5mm in the front. I do get some scraping when the suspension is forced to compress irregularly (bump in track) but I wouldn't say that it affects handling. You could try raising your ride height a little until it goes away and tune from there. Any adjustment is going to change your handling characteristics, so you could also try standing the shocks up, sway bars, stiffer fluid.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I just wanted to give a big shout out and Congrats to Dustin (Ralphie Wiggum) Layne and Jerry (Ballcups) Perez for putting the Photon on T.O.P. at the IIC.

Dustin won and should of TQed the 17.5 no timing class against some good drivers and Put it 6th on the grid for the Super stock main but had some bad luck.

Jerry won the Amateur Touring class. Bringing home 2 more big wins for TOP and the Photon.

Good Job to Arvin for making the show in 17.5 Rubber with his photon and being one of the fastest cars in that class all weekend.

Also EJ bumped into the A main in the Super Stock class and ended up finishing 4th against a tough Field with a day less practice than everyone else.

A much better Vegas showing for the TOP team this year than last year.

I wish I could of been there with you guys it looked like a great race.

Congrats to all the Photon drivers at the race.
Thanks Larry. All the top car's looked great out there. I cant wait to hit Horsham next month so i can sort out my superstock car. My stock/amatuer car was great. I started 6th on the grid in amateur and was able to keep my easy to drive Photon together and take the top spot. I have to say ever since I started running the Photon I dont seem to have ballcup issues any more. I'm very curious to see if my crazy setup will work anywhere other than IIC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.