Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Ok guys. Stupid question. I was building my Cyclone last night and I noticed I have a 2.5 deg block for the front suspention. This would give the front 2.5 deg of toe out which should make the car more aggressive. Correct? Do most of you run this setup? Also does HB make the toe blocks in blue?
Thanks!
the 2.5 block gives you toe out on the arms or inboard toe.you straighten the wheels out with the tie rods.im not 100% on this but it seems to give the car the similar effect as the reactive castor 1/12th front end.this seemed to make the car turn in real good and hold it through the corner.it doesnt necesarily make it more aggressive.i could be wrong but it seems to reduce the castor angle during suspension compression(which happens entering the corner)and increase the castor angle under acceleration.again,i could be wrong so feel free to correct me.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Thanks man!
One other stupid question. When you mount the body (mazda 6) The rear wheels arn't in the wheel well indents on the body. I lined up the front so there in the wheel wells but the back isn't. I have allways just cut the wheel wells to the wheel base of the car but, an I doing this wrong? Should I lengthen the wheel base of the car to match the body I am running?

Thanks

P.S. The bumper is right up against the inside of the body and the wheel wells line right up.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

Has anyone used the new aluminium diff outdrives with the black aluminum bones of the standard kit? I did fit on the plastic clips on the bones, but he bones seemed a tad loose inside the outdrives. Will the bones bend? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Fred,

I would leave the wheelbase alone compaired to my Yokomo BD the Cyclones wheelbase is just a tick shorter dont worry you built the car right LOL...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks man!
One other stupid question. When you mount the body (mazda 6) The rear wheels arn't in the wheel well indents on the body. I lined up the front so there in the wheel wells but the back isn't. I have allways just cut the wheel wells to the wheel base of the car but, an I doing this wrong? Should I lengthen the wheel base of the car to match the body I am running?

Thanks

P.S. The bumper is right up against the inside of the body and the wheel wells line right up.
Nope, the rear wheel wells are meant to be cut according to your car's wheelbase (thats why the crease isn't that thick.) Cut the front wheel wells and use the excess lexan to trace a circle for the rear. Or better yet, use a circle cutter...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Thanks guys! I was just checking. I thought I was doing it right just second guessing myself.

I can't wait to run this car! Excllent build!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks guys! I was just checking. I thought I was doing it right just second guessing myself.

I can't wait to run this car! Excllent build!
Fred I want to be the first to whack it at the end of the straight when your broad side!!!!!!!!!!!:lol Hope you bring that car to the ORL2 race as I want to look at the newest version and all the blue stuff. If you kick my ass with it I might have to sell the car I run now and buy another Cyclone.:lol
Old 04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi,

Has anyone used the new aluminium diff outdrives with the black aluminum bones of the standard kit? I did fit on the plastic clips on the bones, but he bones seemed a tad loose inside the outdrives. Will the bones bend? Thanks.
the Alumimum bones will twisted and bend. I used the standart bones for one mod race meets it twisted.. and bend .. So Now I just used the 48mm Steel ones from Hotbodies..
FYI theres 2 diffrents part# I believe one for the fronts and the other one is for the rear..
you could also use Tamiya 48mm Steel Bones too..
Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

here's something I came across on RcMart:
Spool adapter that fits the one-way unit.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Surely this would just create a "locked one-way" where both wheels can free-wheel but have to spin together, and not a proper spool?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
Surely this would just create a "locked one-way" where both wheels can free-wheel but have to spin together, and not a proper spool?
Yes, the way that they look in the picture, they will lock with each other, not with the one-way.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XrayFK
Yes, the way that they look in the picture, they will lock with each other, not with the one-way.
aka xray type locked one way
Old 04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ordered a set of those, but I was sent Mini Z bearings instead. All you would have to do is drill a hole in the middle of the oneway and a hole in the middle of the out drive conector thingy, thats what I was going to do.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Surley just easier to buy a TIR spool if you want a spool?!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Buying is easy, making/modifying it yourself is satisfying especially when you have the machines to do it properly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.