Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default super

i have my 2c on the "super" it sounds like this

http://imsuper.ytmnd.com/
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

awesome guys!

I just need ideas to look at, to brain storm with.

OCM "evo 2" factory team edition.

So it is the OCM, evo 2 version and will have a sticker or design on the box that signifies "Factory Team" version.

We designed and ran a couple runs of proto towers(CARBON FIBER) lastnight. Shooting to save a little weight and add a bit different look while keeping the same overall geometry.

stay tuned!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

vid from the pro amain @ RC PRO round 2. Not very good on the closeups but should show my buggy and dave Liekams OCM's pop up in 2 or third..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T7XMVcABhcc
Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got a OCM Buggy from ebay to use as a demo for my customers at tracks to run and test out the OCM but I have a couple questions. I will be posting pics in a little bit but a couple things I noticed was the shock towers are rectangular and bigger than the current OCM buggies I have in stock and also the OCM on the radio tray is not machined into the aluminum but printed on. Also the front and rear lower a-arms had different webbing the the current one. The last thing I notices was the upper arms have set screws in them to tighten down on the hinge pin. Also the ackerman plate has different bolts that hold it down too. Which generation OCM buggy is this?

MAIN THING I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BUGGY LIKE WEAK POINTS, BAD PARTS THAT SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO CURRENT SPEC ETC.

Thanks guys and pics should be up soon for you guys to see.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Here are some pics

Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

That is the 1 gen Kaos. Go to Amian and order the EVO upgrade kit. It's on sale. You will be good to go!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slaytanic
That is the 1 gen Kaos. Go to Amian and order the EVO upgrade kit. It's on sale. You will be good to go!
Do you know the part number? I cannot find it on the site. What does it include?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Do you know the part number? I cannot find it on the site. What does it include?
Bro, your current 4mm CVDs are much more stronger compared to the EVO's 3.5mm ones.

EVO kit includes 3 alum. wing mount spacers, 4 shock shaft, bodies and caps, Blue springs, front and rear shock towers. As well as threaded hinge pins
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

I guess I will be keeping those CVD's. Well it has the threaded hinge pins on the rear hubs already and the rest are captured like the current ones. So the only real difference is the shock towers then? What is different about the shock shafts? The rear wing mount is much wider on mine than the current one, the wing mount spacers that come with the kit make it like the newer one? Just wanting to know if it is worth getting the upgrade kit so people who would be driving what is currently available for sale now or should it still drive the same and just leave it alone? I remember reading about earlier models having broken arms and hubs and stuff. I was wondering if these arms on it are those old ones. Then I would just buy newer ones to replace them.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

The arms on that buggy don't look like OCM (possibly mugen) I don't know.
The Evo does drive a fair bit different to the model you have. Geometry had been changed and had more droop and up travel.
For the cost of evo upgrade, I personally would do it, as the older version imo does the new evo an injustice when comparing them both on the track.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

I guess I will be keeping those CVD's. Well it has the threaded hinge pins on the rear hubs already and the rest are captured like the current ones. So the only real difference is the shock towers then? What is different about the shock shafts? The rear wing mount is much wider on mine than the current one, the wing mount spacers that come with the kit make it like the newer one? Just wanting to know if it is worth getting the upgrade kit so people who would be driving what is currently available for sale now or should it still drive the same and just leave it alone? I remember reading about earlier models having broken arms and hubs and stuff. I was wondering if these arms on it are those old ones. Then I would just buy newer ones to replace them.
Well, yours is a 2nd gen. First gen had different shock towers (most shock position compared to yours. EVO has the least). As for plastics, break 'em before buying new ones

As for the wing mount spacers, they just bring the two plastic braces closer to each other. The EVO shock bodies and shafts allow more travel. And that's about it. Perhaps you'd be better off with Hong Nor/Jammin's big bores
Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There was never a problem with the plastic on the arms....the bulkheads were crap.

Who exactly did you buy it from? If it's a 1st or 2nd run kit it possibly will have defective bulkheads, springs that are waaaaay too soft and diff outdrives that are 3mm too short.

The EVO kit is well worth the money and does make a dramatic difference in handeling. Shocks are longer, shock geometry is very different allowing more down travel and alot more uptravel. And we've had no issues with the 3.5mm cvd's.....I've got 10+ gallons on mine right now.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skeller
There was never a problem with the plastic on the arms....the bulkheads were crap.

Who exactly did you buy it from? If it's a 1st or 2nd run kit it possibly will have defective bulkheads, springs that are waaaaay too soft and diff outdrives that are 3mm too short.

The EVO kit is well worth the money and does make a dramatic difference in handeling. Shocks are longer, shock geometry is very different allowing more down travel and alot more uptravel. And we've had no issues with the 3.5mm cvd's.....I've got 10+ gallons on mine right now.
Got it from a guy named Charles Dunaway. Does that help any? Any way I can tell if the bulkheads or defective? On the diff outdrives you mean the ones from the front diff to the wheels and read diff to the wheels? I can tell if they are too short by pushing up the arms and seeing of the axles look like they will pop out right?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Got it from a guy named Charles Dunaway. Does that help any? Any way I can tell if the bulkheads or defective? On the diff outdrives you mean the ones from the front diff to the wheels and read diff to the wheels? I can tell if they are too short by pushing up the arms and seeing of the axles look like they will pop out right?
Take the bulkhead apart and squeeze it together....if it bends enough to almost touch the two side together it's no good.

Yes on the outdrives....from the diffs to the wheels. At full droop or full compression they shouldn't even come close to the end of thoutdrives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.