Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Tamiya has re-released the Eunos Roadster and the VW Beetle bodies. Their numbers are 84184 and 84185.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running my M06 on carpet with stock tires, 30wt oil front blue springs, 30wt red springs rear. When cornering I can see the front tires chattering up and down rapidly. What do I need to do to stop this?

I'd also like to cut down a bit on the off power steering response and could use some more rear bit all around.

I'm running medium wheelbase with a Datsun 510 body.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DougH
I'm running my M06 on carpet with stock tires, 30wt oil front blue springs, 30wt red springs rear. When cornering I can see the front tires chattering up and down rapidly. What do I need to do to stop this?

I'd also like to cut down a bit on the off power steering response and could use some more rear bit all around.

I'm running medium wheelbase with a Datsun 510 body.
I think the play in the shoulder bolts that hold the top and bottom of the shock cause the chatter. I replaced mine with ball studs and it helped a lot. Try heavier front oil say 40-45wt to slow weight transfer to the front, it should help the rear from coming around as fast.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

got one of these in route and an HPI 2002 BMW body. Gonna run 2s lipo on a 5.5t 60amp setup. Guess we'll find out how well this chassis handles power
Old 01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I learned today that the 1.5 degree toe built into the rear of the car is not enough, unless you're running really sticky tires. With the stock tires, the extra 2 degrees provided by the uprights makes the car turn on a dime. I had my steering down to 50% and was thinking about turning it down more!

I guess they did get it right.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Dumb question....I assume that the MO5 Ball Diff # 54194 is adjustable for slip? I'd like to be able to loosen it a bit and add some slip on acceleration to control the rear end on my M06.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Dumb question....I assume that the MO5 Ball Diff # 54194 is adjustable for slip? I'd like to be able to loosen it a bit and add some slip on acceleration to control the rear end on my M06.
You don't want your ball diff slipping like that, It won't last long.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Interesting idea, but I suspect the same effect could be accomplished through the throttle trigger on your transmitter..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Why would this diff slipping be different than any other car? Any onroad pan car used a ball diff in the rear axle, how abouit the RC10 slippers? Any other car I've ever had you adjusted the diff to slip a bit on acceleration
Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daign
got one of these in route and an HPI 2002 BMW body. Gonna run 2s lipo on a 5.5t 60amp setup. Guess we'll find out how well this chassis handles power
I would like to see the video with the rubber buning off those rims. dude, thats crazy sick power.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Why would this diff slipping be different than any other car? Any onroad pan car used a ball diff in the rear axle, how abouit the RC10 slippers? Any other car I've ever had you adjusted the diff to slip a bit on acceleration
The RC-10 has a SLIPPER at the spur gear and a ball Diff in the transmission. The slipper allows the spur to slide on 2 friction pads. If a Ball diff slips it is the diff balls sliding on the diff rings, 2 things WILL happen, the balls will flat spot causing a notchy diff, and the heat will build up and eventually the balls and rings will burn into the gear resulting in a locked diff.
Slippers are for off road where wheel spin is a concern
On Road pan cars DO NOT allow their diffs to slip.....
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
The RC-10 has a SLIPPER at the spur gear and a ball Diff in the transmission. The slipper allows the spur to slide on 2 friction pads. If a Ball diff slips it is the diff balls sliding on the diff rings, 2 things WILL happen, the balls will flat spot causing a notchy diff, and the heat will build up and eventually the balls and rings will burn into the gear resulting in a locked diff.
Slippers are for off road where wheel spin is a concern
On Road pan cars DO NOT allow their diffs to slip.....
+1 Thanks Ken
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Got the M06 today and ripped into it. I need a break. The transmission is VERY odd, and the engine mount setup is unlike anything I;ve ever seen in RC. Not a fan of it. It involves lining up wholes per pinion rather than having sliding mounts.

Figured you guys would enjoy this regardless.

All laid out in order on my work table
+ " title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
"> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Odd Trans

Back half together.

Stupid fast powerplant that will likely melt gears

BMW 2002tii body incoming doon and I managed to find some AC Schnitzer styled wheels for it. Finding belted mini tires is HARD. Most aren't due out until mid february.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got the M06 today and ripped into it. I need a break. The transmission is VERY odd, and the engine mount setup is unlike anything I;ve ever seen in RC. Not a fan of it. It involves lining up wholes per pinion rather than having sliding mounts.

Figured you guys would enjoy this regardless.

All laid out in order on my work table
+ " title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
"> " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Odd Trans

Back half together.

Stupid fast powerplant that will likely melt gears

BMW 2002tii body incoming doon and I managed to find some AC Schnitzer styled wheels for it. Finding belted mini tires is HARD. Most aren't due out until mid february.
How did you find the build?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Figured you guys would enjoy this regardless..
You obviously have never built a Tamiya M chassis car in the past. They all have the lining up of holes to match the pinion to the motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.