Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
how do you "stand up" the front IFS shocks? do i add spacers or remove?

Thanks!
anyone?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Yes you add spacers to the rocker arms to stand the shocks up on the IFS.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skitee
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
That would be on the shock side of the rocker to stand them up. I have added 1mm or so to the other side to lay them down on ocasion and that works well too. Generally speaking, 1mm spacer = one hole up.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by woodys3b
That would be on the shock side of the rocker to stand them up. I have added 1mm or so to the other side to lay them down on ocasion and that works well too. Generally speaking, 1mm spacer = one hole up.
Yip I've been running mine with spacers on the pushrod side of the rocker arm too.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

ran the exotek conversion kit for the 1st time over the weekend (indoor asphalt, fast flowing track, med grip)... ran pretty well. was very stable and had good steering. could still probably use some more work on the set-up but otherwise, it was pretty much there already.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

I raced with the Exotek conversion this weekend at the KO Propo Grand Prix. I'm still a beginner to on-road (only five club races under my belt) but I can tell you that once I got the car set up right, it was light years more predictable in its handling than the tub chassis was. I no longer felt at the whim of the car, when it came to how I came out of turns or how it behaved coming onto the straight, etc...

Very happy with the purchase, I like the feeling that it's now just up to me to drive better, and I can be successful. Before, I didn't feel like it was all up to me.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ok, just read every post in this thread.....I want one to run RCGT.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not a big fan of the carbon plate chassis conversion, but that's just a personal thing. To me, if you are going to do that, you should have bought a 416 in the first place. I haven't done the math but I'm fairly certain that it would have been less expensive in the long run. Is it really a TA-05 v2 after you do this? I don't know. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you guys how to spend your money.

I can relate to the described handling improvements that you guys are talking about with the carbon chassis. I recently bought the Tamiya carbon bathtub chassis for my v2. I thought it would just reduce the weight a bit but have been pleasantly surprised by its effects on handling. The car is much more predictable. "I no longer felt at the whim of the car, when it came to how I came out of turns or how it behaved coming onto the straight, etc..." I couldn't have said it better. I would add that I also see the car settling down in entry to the turn as well.

So, if you are like me and would like to keep your v2 a bathtub chassis, this is a good way to go and it's a whole lot less expensive.

I hope this didn't offend those that have gone with exotec. That was not my intent. Just wanted to add that the Tamiya carbon chassis is a good alternative. Long live the bathtub!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not a big fan of the carbon plate chassis conversion, but that's just a personal thing. To me, if you are going to do that, you should have bought a 416 in the first place. I haven't done the math but I'm fairly certain that it would have been less expensive in the long run. Is it really a TA-05 v2 after you do this? I don't know. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you guys how to spend your money.

I can relate to the described handling improvements that you guys are talking about with the carbon chassis. I recently bought the Tamiya carbon bathtub chassis for my v2. I thought it would just reduce the weight a bit but have been pleasantly surprised by its effects on handling. The car is much more predictable. "I no longer felt at the whim of the car, when it came to how I came out of turns or how it behaved coming onto the straight, etc..." I couldn't have said it better. I would add that I also see the car settling down in entry to the turn as well.

So, if you are like me and would like to keep your v2 a bathtub chassis, this is a good way to go and it's a whole lot less expensive.

I hope this didn't offend those that have gone with exotec. That was not my intent. Just wanted to add that the Tamiya carbon chassis is a good alternative. Long live the bathtub!

i just find it easier to set-up a CF plate chassis as its less prone to tweak. also, wanted to run a mid-motor car (all the other CF kits are rear motor). with the mid motor, i find it easier to make the car turn into corners. but that's just me.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

I know the reason I got the v.2 is because I feel a lot safer with the tub chasis. But I was thinking about maybe upgrading to that exotic if I get real serious into racing. I didn't think the carbon tub would help as much as you described, so I' deffinitly going to get one sometime down the road even if I'm not too serious racing.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

version 2 has lower price than older ta05, don't know how come local hobby shops doesn't keep up with latest chassis. It's not super expensive like TRF stuff, and other high-end touring chassis.

the honda hsv is going to be a cool looking kit.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

It may well be that I should have bought the high end car to begin with...but I didn't. I bought the TA05 V2 just to get my "feet wet" and see if I enjoyed on-road. When it turned out I did, but wanted the car to handle better, I started upgrading it rather than go out and buy a whole new car. Until I get my driving skill to the point where I can really take advantage of a high-end vehicle, there's no point in going that route. Just as I wouldn't go out and buy a Formula 1 car when I'm a go-kart club racer, just getting started in full-scale racing.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Be happy we get different options as far as r/c stuff goes. high-end line, budget line, conversions, etc... they all have it's advantages and disadvantages... but we all have them as options and it's great.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Be happy we get different options as far as r/c stuff goes. high-end line, budget line, conversions, etc... they all have it's advantages and disadvantages... but we all have them as options and it's great.
Yeah, I deffinitly agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.