Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I see you posted SC gold DD's. So i ordered some yesterday.
what is your recommended track condition for these?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
I see you posted SC gold DD's. So i ordered some yesterday.
what is your recommended track condition for these?
Golds are for wet/damp highly packed indoor surfaces. Once these type surfaces start to dry out then switch to either green or blue.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Thank you.

Do you have any tips or trick to prepping the tires before using them? How do you guys prep tires before use/ race?

Thanks for your time
Old 04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Thank you.

Do you have any tips or trick to prepping the tires before using them? How do you guys prep tires before use/ race?

Thanks for your time
I race at Mike's too...I use Buggy Grip 2 on my tires before I run...I am going to try some Sticky Kicks Verde next time i'm there though,I'm just curious to see how it works.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer53
I race at Mike's too...I use Buggy Grip 2 on my tires before I run...I am going to try some Sticky Kicks Verde next time i'm there though,I'm just curious to see how it works.
yea i use buggy grip to. but i keep hearing something about a ziplock bag or something? just curious how the pros/tire makers do it.

thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've been running the green Flip-outs at our local track in 4wd mod buggy, and I have to say, they're so good I flip out every time I run....

Wow, that was corny...lol. Seriously though, I've got a duffle bug FULL of tires I use to test. Even if I don't have a certain tire or compound, I have enough of a variety that I can tell if there's something in between that might be better. And so far nothing can touch the green flip-outs. I can turn lap times just as fast with other tires, but I have to drive on the edge. I'm an on-road guy so I don't like to drive off road like that. I would rather feel more connected to the track and in control, if that makes sense...
One thing I want to mention, After going to the Flips, I noticed I had a lot more forward bite, so much I made a few setup changes and found after that I could go faster by altering my driving style. If I had to give an analogy, I would say that I changed from a mod sedan style to more of a nitro sedan style, meaning that I started putting more emphasis on using the power and forward bite than trying to keep a smooth and controlled approach to the turns. That's not to say I don;t have side bite because I do, just had to take advantage of where these tires really shine.

For reference, here are some notes about our track:
- outdoor, mostly shaded
- mostly typical Memphis dirt: drinks water, won't stay packed well, unless it's damp or wet has a loose dust on top
- portions of track have decent clay that's been added, but it hasn't (or won't) groove up. Doesn't matter cause non clay areas force you to use a tire that works there.
- traction changes dramatically from beginning of practice to the main. Most guys including myself prior to Flipouts have to change tires to adapt to changing track conditions.
- because of the type of dirt, we gave up on "prepping" the track other than Sean waters it a couple times before racing starts.

I hope this info helps some racers that run on similar tracks. Unfortunately, we can't all have access to indoor, beautifully carved, packed high bite blue groove clay multi-million dollar facilities!! LOL
Thanks so much to JR and PW for awesome products!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:43 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
yea i use buggy grip to. but i keep hearing something about a ziplock bag or something? just curious how the pros/tire makers do it.

thanks
Sometimes guys will spray their tires with motor spray and then put them into a zip-lock bag. You have to be careful not to leave them in to long however, the tires start to swell.

Every track is different regarding tire sauce; the best thing is to find out what the local hotshot is doing and try his method.

Also keep in mind that tire life dramaticly reduces when using sauce!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Punisher for Mugen Eco (cell pics)
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-punisher.eco.1.jpg   JConcepts Thread-punisher.eco.2.jpg   JConcepts Thread-punisher.eco.3.jpg  

Last edited by buggy8; 05-16-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Not sure if this has been asked but is JC working on an over tray for the SC10 4X4? If they are, is there an ETA on them?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PW
Sometimes guys will spray their tires with motor spray and then put them into a zip-lock bag. You have to be careful not to leave them in to long however, the tires start to swell.

Every track is different regarding tire sauce; the best thing is to find out what the local hotshot is doing and try his method.

Also keep in mind that tire life dramaticly reduces when using sauce!
I've noticed tires come to life with a simple green scrub down and towel dry. what's with that stuff that makes them gummy?
does it also reduce life?

thanks
Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run on a indoor clay track. When its damp I love the gold bar codes! But now that summer is upon us it gets really dry. There is a definite line to stay in or if you get out of it it feels like ur on ice. So what tires would you recommend for this dry condition? Because ill wear out a rear set of gold Barcodes in one race night. I love the tires and your brand but these gotta be a better tire or compound for this condition..thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run on a indoor clay track. All through the winter it was kept damp and the gold Barcodes were working very well for me, can't say enough.. well now that the summa is upon us the track is dry and cracked. There is a definent groove or line you must stay in to obtain traction.. well being its so dry ill wear out a set of gold Barcodes in one race night. So what tire and in what compound would you suggest for this type of track?? Thanks!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Which class. 2Wheel buggy, SCT ect.? Also, what state are you in?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mugen MBX6 ECO

diggin this Punisher!
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-mugeco2.jpg   JConcepts Thread-mugeco1.jpg   JConcepts Thread-mugeco3.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Looking good buggy8!

Not sure if this has been asked but is JC working on an over tray for the SC10 4X4? If they are, is there an ETA on them?
Not yet; we were thinking that they would have their own by now. Maybe we can get one done faster .

I run on a indoor clay track. When its damp I love the gold bar codes! But now that summer is upon us it gets really dry. There is a definite line to stay in or if you get out of it it feels like ur on ice. So what tires would you recommend for this dry condition? Because ill wear out a rear set of gold Barcodes in one race night. I love the tires and your brand but these gotta be a better tire or compound for this condition..thanks!
What class are you running? Normally when a track drys out; tire wear go's way up regardless of make/compound. We normally run blue or green when it gets dry, but they will also wear very fast.

I've noticed tires come to life with a simple green scrub down and towel dry. what's with that stuff that makes them gummy?
does it also reduce life?
There is obviously something in simple green that seems to react well with the rubber, but I don't think it really shortens the life of the tire like some of the really harsh chemicals in tire traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.