Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
Hey Brian,dragonfire
will this adapter work

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mitter-Adapter

and how about this reciever pack

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ack-66V-200mAh

I do have a dynamite lipo reciever pack that is 180 mah but not sure what would be best.

what switch are you guys using? and since the esc doesnt have a main switch are you putting another one on for the main batt or are you just leaving the batt unplugged until you are ready to race?
sorry for all the questions just trying to get everything ordered for my son and I, he also will be buying the BD within the next week.
thanks
mike
Both of those look fine. You should be able to disassemble the white conecter on the adaptor, then heatshrink and plug into the BD. Stick the other end down to the deck and you have a neat system.

Craig: I just resoldered the wires into the BD, and as said above it comes with the heatshrink to do just that. I imagine we are going to go crazy playing with gearing this thursday! We did some playing today at SMA and Owen was going blow for blow with Demarco's 10.5! The difference on the straight was almost non exsistent.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just ordered the dynamite passport charger just for charging my receiver pack it can charger from 1-6 amps will it be ok to charger a 200 mah li-fe pack at 1amp or will I fry it? not sure what other charger would be better.
mike
Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by whynot
I just ordered the dynamite passport charger just for charging my receiver pack it can charger from 1-6 amps will it be ok to charger a 200 mah li-fe pack at 1amp or will I fry it? not sure what other charger would be better.
mike
LiFe packs are supposed to be very robust but you will only need to charge at 1c for about 30mins for every 3 runs. No need for more than that and it will last a very long time.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default charging rate for Li-Fe packs

Having fried 2 Li-Fe packs charging at 1amp it is imperative you charge at 0.2amp. I normally get 3 runs from my pack before a charge is needed. But does no harm to to top up as when you have the time.
I have now changed to the muchmore LIPO pack 7.4v it is very neat ,switched and has a seperate lead for charging with out disconnecting from the BD. As regards plugging in to the Esc just remove the wires from the futaba plug by lifting the tabs .Heat shrink the connectors and slightly crimp them for a good fit on the pins on the Esc and you have a nice system.
the lipo is also charged at 0.2amp.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Im using a small lipo as well. Theres not much point to a life pack on the BD when the speedie can regulate the voltage anyway
Old 08-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Well, we'll soon see how it goes with a 21.5 in race set up
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Having fried 2 Li-Fe packs charging at 1amp it is imperative you charge at 0.2amp. I normally get 3 runs from my pack before a charge is needed. But does no harm to to top up as when you have the time.
I have now changed to the muchmore LIPO pack 7.4v it is very neat ,switched and has a seperate lead for charging with out disconnecting from the BD. As regards plugging in to the Esc just remove the wires from the futaba plug by lifting the tabs .Heat shrink the connectors and slightly crimp them for a good fit on the pins on the Esc and you have a nice system.
the lipo is also charged at 0.2amp.

I am using a IP life 6.6 2s charging at .6 and all good no problems.. should be .2 but for $13 happy to replace every 6 months

Like the sound of the much more where did you get that from??
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

If I had the space I would get this....

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC450RCP

But my testing has shown me that I have no space for best performance so I have to stick with a LiFe pack. I was considering fitting two LiFe packs in my 12th to get even better run time between runs and also this would allow you to charge it faster.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Dragon

Looks good but too big and too heavy. Why would you want to put too cells in your car i get 3 runs out of 1 .At a push could probably manage 4.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default Lipo pack this is about as good as it gets

Here is the link to the muchmore receiver lipo.Dont come much better than this. Switched, seperste charging lead and plugs straight in to BD.The one showing is the 300ma but available as a 200ma and 10 grams lighter.

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/index....oducts_id=2147
Old 08-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Looks good but too big and too heavy. Why would you want to put too cells in your car i get 3 runs out of 1 .At a push could probably manage 4.
Here is the link to the muchmore receiver lipo.Dont come much better than this. Switched, seperste charging lead and plugs straight in to BD.The one showing is the 300ma but available as a 200ma and 10 grams lighter.

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/index....oducts_id=2147
Its the laziness factor.... I like the idea of running all day with less charging. Also the larger the rx pack, the faster you can safely charge it so the charging time for a couple of runs becomes less. This matters to me as I only use one rx pack. Also I have weight to spare on my chassis so more weight in something useful is a plus.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
If I had the space I would get this....

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC450RCP

But my testing has shown me that I have no space for best performance so I have to stick with a LiFe pack. I was considering fitting two LiFe packs in my 12th to get even better run time between runs and also this would allow you to charge it faster.
That battery dosent work on BD. I tried it, wired as the instractions say and no dice. The speedie would not even turn on. I think the seperate charge lead or switch confused the speedie. I wired up my 2s lipo the same way, and hey presto, speedie came to life

Stick with a life or small 2s lipo

My 2c

Antoni

Troy check out my battery next week, its big 325 mah thunderpower. I use 32 mah a run, so i can get a fare few runs out of it
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default knocked these up

what do you think.
Attached Thumbnails Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-vdesign1back.gif   Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-vdesign1front.gif   Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-vdesign3back.gif  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default AE BD rollouts for 17.5,13.5 and 10.5

Having tried various motors. LRP X12 all got too hot, Novak Ballastic were good. But the GM are just perfect, cool running and fast all over the track.I have tested over 4000 laps on a large carpet track 35mts X 16mts Ardent Raceway in the Uk.

Using BD on profile 5

17.5=110mm rollout
13.5=89.0mm rollout
10.5=56.8mm rollout

The GM V3 motors have fixed timing at 30 degree advance.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Having tried various motors. LRP X12 all got too hot, Novak Ballastic were good. But the GM are just perfect, cool running and fast all over the track.I have tested over 4000 laps on a large carpet track 35mts X 16mts Ardent Raceway in the Uk.

Using BD on profile 5

17.5=110mm rollout
13.5=89.0mm rollout
10.5=56.8mm rollout

The GM V3 motors have fixed timing at 30 degree advance.
Try the new Corally Red Series.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.