Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bearings...no maybe clean ad relube them if they feel gritty

Diffrings and diffballs...... maybe, you need to make that call

more diff lube..... definately, you want to rebuild your diff just like you where building it the first time, which includes breaking it in properly.....
Old 06-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by See
I switched my car to the low roll center blocks in the rear and now I can't get the ride height above 3.5mm.Any ideas?
What size tires are you running?

Mark
Old 06-16-2003, 05:34 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
See- sounds to me like what you wanna hear is "Losi molded a part incorrectly"..... So here ya go...... Losi molded a part incorrectly, start replacing every part on the car until there isn't anything left to be replaced, then lengthen you shock and finally get the ride height....
I am not wanting to hear Losi molded a part wrong because that is not the problem.Correct me if I am wrong but,if I set the ride height by lengthening the shocks as you suggest and then set my droop with the screws (are you still with me) then that will limit the down travel of the arm thus making the shock length irrelevant right?

Munrath: Im running rubber tires not sure of the diameter.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Nope wrong.... set droop first!! by adjusting the set screws or making the shock longer......then ride height by adjusting the SHOCK COLLARS....

Like said before if you can't get ride height then the droop screws are in too far or the shock isn't long enough......

I was just having fun and meant nothing by what I posted, but now I am serious..........

If you don't want to pay attenion to what is suggested, don't ask for advice, get off the net, and go figure it out for yourself...........

Have a nice day!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BG
ROBORAT in regards to the spur gears stripping!

The only way that I can see the gears stripping is:

1} the gear mesh is set too loose or too tight.

2}the motor is comming loose from the lowered motor plate

3} the motor plate including motor is moving and jamming up
the pinion and the spur on impact.

4} the motor locks up on impact jamming the pinion, stripping
the spur.

Are any of these contributing to your problem?

What pitch gears are you using 48 or 64?
BG: thanks for taking the time to help me sort this problem out. with regards to your suggestions ....
1) i dont think its a mesh problem. as mentioned previously, i am meshing this G+ the same way i was meshing my older xxxs but never had this problem in my previous ride. it could be said that i have the mesh thing down right.
2)dont quite understand how that could happen. i make sure everything is secure.
3) this is what i was initially thinking as to where the problem could be hence the reason i kept cranking down on the motor clamp more and more each time i stripped a spur (3 so far) .... so tight it resulted in a busted clamp. this has been replaced though but the problem persists. im thinking the problem might be elsewhere.
4) this happens with all my motors - mod, stock, 19T.

ive also tried different motor plates to no avail. i have a couple in my toolbox ... but i'll check on everything you mentioned again just to be extra extra sure. thanks.

ongbenghui: i agree that the clamp shouldnt have te tightened to the point of cracking or breaking it. with just enough tightening the motor will not budge. actually even after i stirp the spur, i notice when i check the motor position and gear mesh, they're all still fine, as if it dint budge! i was actually already thinking that there may be some issues with the top shaft as you mentioned although visually it seems fine and does not seem to have any bind in them which would indicate some sort of mis-alignment or somthing similar. but i guess its worth a shot to replace the top shaft (this is the one that runs thru the spur) and see if that helps. cross you finger for me! thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 06-16-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:34 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Nope wrong.... set droop first!! by adjusting the set screws or making the shock longer......then ride height by adjusting the SHOCK COLLARS....

Like said before if you can't get ride height then the droop screws are in too far or the shock isn't long enough......

I was just having fun and meant nothing by what I posted, but now I am serious..........

If you don't want to pay attenion to what is suggested, don't ask for advice, get off the net, and go figure it out for yourself...........

Have a nice day!!!!
Sorry if I offended you that was not my inntention.It wasnt making sense to me what you posted the first time now it does I will try it and let you know thanks.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Have you asked Clint on this one ? Remember HE is a team driver and they do help.Clint has helped me in the past and i dont live close to Speedworld.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

ROBORAT- are both screws still in either side of the top shaft that the spur rotates on?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tones
ROBORAT- are both screws still in either side of the top shaft that the spur rotates on?
dont quite understand your question .... but yes the two screws on both sides of the chassis which screw into the top shaft and mount the spur in place are there. do people actually remove those? cant imagine why....
Old 06-16-2003, 10:10 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by xxxkat
Have you asked Clint on this one ? Remember HE is a team driver and they do help.Clint has helped me in the past and i dont live close to Speedworld.
Just came back from Clints house(hes my brother in law)Heres what we did lengthened the shocks did not work come to find out I guess losi made a 1.0 and 1.15 spring length.Switched to longer spring problem solved.Now I can set the droop and still be able to set the ride height.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally posted by ROBORAT
dont quite understand your question .... but yes the two screws on both sides of the chassis which screw into the top shaft and mount the spur in place are there. do people actually remove those? cant imagine why....
no, but i've seen them come out by themselfs.. which could let the spur move enough to get stripped.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

tones: oh, i see. i can see why that could cause stripping then. but dosent seem to be the case on my part. i make sure they're on tight and stay put. but thanks nonetheless. defenitely somthing to look out for.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

See- no problem, I just find alot of times guys ask questions, and then instantly reject 3/4 of the possible solutions w/o even concidering that they might be correct...... then they say "I already tried that" w/o even attempting...... Like i said I was just kidding in the beginning of that post, sometimes a jokurar post like that is enough to make the person reasize that they need to look over everything twice.......
Old 06-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Stripped spurs

I have stripped a spur (well kinda) I chopped a few teeth on one of mine, it still ran, but was loud as hell!!!

I will admit my spur issue was due to my driving style with my G+! You see I have my car set so I can lift befre the turn start the turn-in and then go full stick before I even reach the apex and the car just drives around the turn..... wel when I shot in too earily and stuffed it head on into the wall at full stick....... the spur goes ouch!!! LOL

I also find I have to watch for TC3's in front of me because they just can't carry the cornerspeed that the Losi can....... making them rolling barriers!!!!LOL
Old 06-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Robo,

Probably if you can, take a picture of your car transmission, and the damages to the spur. Maybe someone look at the picture will have an idea.

good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.