Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wascheck
I finished my TC5 today and I am using LRP Vector x 11 4,5 with Sphere tC. I run with rubber tires on asphalt (small track) and would like anyone is using this motor because I am in doubt with the gear ratio. According with the motor's manual should be 8,8 (10T pinion)... I think that it is too small, and I saw at AE web site the team driver's using 21T pinion with the Vector 3,5....
Don't forget your gear ratio is Spur Gear divided by Pinion gear then times by internal gear ratio which is 2.0. So if you have a 87t spur and you divide by 21t pinion you get 4.1428 then times by 2.0 and you get 8.285

If your goal is to get close to 8.8 then go with a 20t pinion. 87/20x2.0=8.7

Steve
Old 06-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rob when are you planning on being at the track next besides the 23rd ( graduation party i have to be at ) I heard your car was very good and id like to ask you some questions about a few things.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by corallyman
Don't forget your gear ratio is Spur Gear divided by Pinion gear then times by internal gear ratio which is 2.0. So if you have a 87t spur and you divide by 21t pinion you get 4.1428 then times by 2.0 and you get 8.285

If your goal is to get close to 8.8 then go with a 20t pinion. 87/20x2.0=8.7

Steve

Thanks Steve I forgot the internal gear ratio....
Old 06-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Update on servo install issue.

I couldn't seem to get a report on the servo's that mounted up without issue so I went the way I wanted. I mounted a Futaba 9550 and had the same problem. We need to report this issue for others. I measured the distance the mount holes are off.

Area 51 please report this! The servo hole pattern needs to spread apart .060 in the CNC program that drill and countersinks chassis. Also, the hole size drilled into battery tie that mounts the antena is UNDERSIZE. I drilled mine up to .098 and then was able to mount the antena holder. If you use as is you will bind and chip the battery tie.

To fix the servo mount--- Grind the inside edge of the servo mount brackets .025 each bracket then mount without washers using blue locktight so you can slide bracket closer together...worked awesome. Plus, if you ever change out the servo the new one will mount right up. This inside edge goes against the servo and this mod cannot be seen...looks perfect.

That was it...those 2 issues were the only flaws I found and easy fixes at the factory. Still need to mount motor and ESC, and dial in but I'm there.
Bummer is I go on vacation and wont be able to run before his weekend or early next week.

$130.00 going twice.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Verndog .. the kit has a new home .. it is at a place called landfill !!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Dude...you've been eatin too many kangaroo burgers!! Dang...you just wasted $130.00!! Could have gotten $200.00 on Ebay. My kit went together great with 2 very minor mods...less then an hours extra work.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Team Associated will be answering questions on this thread again soon....

the last few days they have been busy dominating offroad nats!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 06-17-2007 at 10:24 PM. Reason: nevermind....
Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Try making more constructive criticism , you only bashed, so try again...
This is comming from the KING of BASH. Oh Wait, Cherry, you only "bash" if it isn't LiPo, AE, or Brushless..... thats right.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Sean,

you deleted your post
"obviously you are not sharp enough to build a modern touring car then....
but thats one reason there are RTR's these days.."

Modern kit eh ... goes back to the bad old days where you buy a kit and start grinding on it to make things fit

Associated coming on to answer questions .. wouldn't be because there are problems with the kit?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Sean,

you deleted your post

Modern kit eh ... goes back to the bad old days where you buy a kit and start grinding on it to make things fit

Associated coming on to answer questions .. wouldn't be because there are problems with the kit?
You ought to take a hike if you're going to keep being a jerk!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

cannon, your posts are not contributing to the discussion any more. You have stated that you do not like the TC5, and that is your opinion. However, I think I speak for everyone by asking you to not make any further comments regarding your view on the car. You are only making a good discussion useless...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Sean,

you deleted your post

every new platform have some issues at first....

I would love to say what I think about you...but I will remain politically correct out of respect for my sponsors...

enjoy being slow and bitter....
Old 06-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

K-spec - I acknowledge your polite response and bow to your request about not bashing the product.

How about some simple questions regarding setup and optional parts

OK ... some of the TC5 guys here in Australia have spun the diff rings on the outdrives when used in Modified. I assume that the best solution is to wait for the alloy outdrives that are due soon. Has anyone else had this problem in the USA?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

K-spec - I acknowledge your polite response and bow to your request about not bashing the product.

How about some simple questions regarding setup and optional parts

OK ... some of the TC5 guys here in Australia have spun the diff rings on the outdrives when used in Modified. I assume that the best solution is to wait for the alloy outdrives that are due soon. Has anyone else had this problem in the USA?
As has been said a couple of times already in this thread: The diffs will melt down if you run them too loose. Some people had issues with this in the Reedy race and most of them had the screw several turns too loose. The only way you will ever melt it down is with a low turn brushless motor.

Obviously the aluminium outdrives will help but you shouldnt have to get them if the diff is built correctly.

I'm sure the servo fit issues will be fixed in the batch of kits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.