Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know I know. I ordered mine the day towerhobbies had it listed lol

I think that was 2 or 3 months ago.

Got my tc4 on ebay now lolol
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

what about the release of the rest of the spares , belts arms etc, great news that they're almost ready, I order mine last week, can't wait... But now it looks like I need to order the ITF chassis earlier than first thought..
Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You know, I think AE is a great manufacturer of very competitive chassis be it road or dirt, but what really get's me is over the last 2 models TC$ and now TC%5, they produce the car and then immediately it requires another chassis purchase making it even more ridiculously expensive.

Can anyone please give me the reason a manufacturer or AE credability can't seem to produce a finished chassis and be done with it. Why is there the AE chassis and then the ITF chassis that a driver will have to purchase to be competitve, can't they just release it with the bloody better chassis like all the other manufacturers do, or at least try to.

Don't get me wrong, I am an AE fan, I just can't understand the chassis crap.

By the way the new TC5 looks and appears to be very competitive. Congratulations to AE, maybe in the future I'll come back to the fold.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 05-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Who said (other than sponsored drivers) the existing chassis that the car comes with isn't going to be competitive? Use the existing chassis for a couple of weeks. If you have exhausted all of your options for tuning the car then go ahead and purchase the other chassis.

Go out and enjoy the car when you get it built. It is all about having fun.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Can anyone please give me the reason a manufacturer or AE credability can't seem to produce a finished chassis and be done with it. Why is there the AE chassis and then the ITF chassis that a driver will have to purchase to be competitve, can't they just release it with the bloody better chassis like all the other manufacturers do, or at least try to.
Try thinking about it in the way that XRAY have a US spec and a Euro spec T2 007. Many folks in the US race on carpet with foam tires, much of the world run on rubber tires and thicker chassis respond better to foam and vice versa.

I haven't driven the car yet, but I'm sure that the car will be awesome with the standard chassis.

The one thing that I wish for would have been the talent to drive so well that a chassis difference wouldn't matter...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4Bandit

The one thing that I wish for would have been the talent to drive so well that a chassis difference wouldn't matter...

X2 I still run my FTTC4 with the standard chassis
Old 05-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thachowman
X2 I still run my FTTC4 with the standard chassis
I quite like my FT TC4... I've just upgraded it to the ITF and it is quite good. Ran the standard chassis for ages and I love the car. I rarely win though (actually never, only bridesmaided a couple of times...). My new ride is paid for so will hopefully get it soon and try out the o-ring mod that Juho was running.

The ol' mastercard is maxed out big time
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
You know, I think AE is a great manufacturer of very competitive chassis be it road or dirt, but what really get's me is over the last 2 models TC$ and now TC%5, they produce the car and then immediately it requires another chassis purchase making it even more ridiculously expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I am an AE fan, I just can't understand the chassis crap.

By the way the new TC5 looks and appears to be very competitive. Congratulations to AE, maybe in the future I'll come back to the fold.

Cheers
Aaron
The stock chassis will work in most conditions except lower bite conditions. Up until last year no other manufactures sold cars that were ready to race out of the box. They required (Just to name a few options): Roll center blocks, 4mm chassis, sway bars, a diff, extra wide top decks, etc.

The TC5 will come ready to race for most conditions and if you do require the ITF chassis it and the car together will be considerably less than almost every other car out there.

EA
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Eric does the car come with low, medium and high roll center mounts to change pin heights ?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Eric does the car come with low, medium and high roll center mounts to change pin heights ?
I am not 100% sure as I dont have my production car but I think it does.

EA
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Yes, it does!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by B4Bandit
I quite like my FT TC4... I've just upgraded it to the ITF and it is quite good. Ran the standard chassis for ages and I love the car. I rarely win though (actually never, only bridesmaided a couple of times...). My new ride is paid for so will hopefully get it soon and try out the o-ring mod that Juho was running.

The ol' mastercard is maxed out big time
You could also just get the topdeck as the chassis and top deck are sold separately(I think, not sure). It will make a bigger difference than the chassis.

The car will come with rollbars and rollcenter blocks as standard which alone cost a fortune for some other brands' cars. If you run on asphalt all you need to be competitive is a spool and possibly the topdeck and/or the chassis. As the car will come with two diffs you can save the other one for later and you dont have to pay for a oneway or a spool that you might not need.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Juho will you be at the reedy race ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.