Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
All I want to know is where can I buy a MurfDogg motor?
matt will be on here shortly,and can set up to mail one out to your door step,paypal etc im sure,it only takes couple days depending on were your at..
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

think i will keep a copy of the roar sheet in my bag for every track..
Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Holy cow people. This is amazing. You all need to let Matt and Robert handle this as it should have been from the get go.

Josh, I have raced with you for years and your actions and reactions here are a cause for concern. I have never heard someone speak so poorly that I truly felt was an upstanding person. Try being a track owner with 15 people coming and whining at you. Plain and simple, the trinity motors were changed due to the silver portion not being stamped in the center between all of their motors and thus, you could change both ends and wow, a really fast 13.5 that was made froma 10.5.

STOP...SETTLE DOWN... please know I am not saying this is what happened. What I am trying to state is how easy anything can be misinterpreted. HE is human and did the best he could. Was it perfect, maybe not, but these situations never are. But your actions considering most of you were not even there are ridiculous.

Are we all 12 now or what??????
Ryan- I have been talking with RB over PM since yesterday so what has been said here was also said to him so there is no confusion. Its no excuse but yesterday was a bad day for me also. No need to be concerned I am cool now So please dont judge my character off of my posts. You know how I am usually lets just leave it at that. I dont talk about you and Casper.....Oops that slippedJk Ryan

I do think that even talk of a 13.5 made from a 10.5 is out of context since Nothing was stated due to fact it was all a guess and as a company you dont want people even thinking bad things when its totally not true. Just like RB doesnt want bad things said about his track even though there not true it works both ways.

If Matt was in the wrong i would be upset with him but because RB gave into people whinning he made a decision that I dont believe was the right one. On the other side I do think if anyone of us where in RB situation we possibly would have done the same. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for everyone and wont happen again.

This is how I look at the whole situation, If RB is making calls like this without getting confirmation of wrong doing will he do it again? Is this what we can expect? I think thats what alot of people want to know thats why so many people are chimming in and making this such a hot topic.

See ya Sunday Ryan.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

i agree with josh,i was more concerned with the future,i dont want to show up somewere to race and they think im cheating.. ever!!
so its more about clearing the air..
Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

First how did I get thrown in this Josh!

The only thing I am going to say is the drivers who were singled out were allowed to run the mains with their motors with there times counting. I hear all sides of this and have my own opinions and I understand the perception that is brought about by all this comotion but no one was DQ'd or asked to leave from my understanding. I was not there this weekend but wow what drama!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Matt,

Murf motors are fine at OCRC and always have been...

I purchased a resistence meter yesterday so the
winners that say his stuff is too fasts will quit thier winning

I did not have one on Sunday so I made a call
You guy might not like it but thats what happened.

This is the first time I had this type of situation come up
And now when it does again I have it handled.

Once again The Murff Dog Motors are fine and allowed at OCRC

Peace

RB
Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Attention Everyone,

The situation that occurred over the weekend at OCRC apparently has been blown up out of proportion. I personally do not agree with the decision Robert made, however he was put into a tight position by racers who were complaining, and I can understand why he made the call. I have spoken to Robert, and he has purchased the appropriate equipment and can properly tech motors in the future.

Also he expressed that he gladly accepts MurfDogg Motors at his track, and acknowledges that they are often the fastest things on the track.

Its time to put this situation to rest. It is done and over with, and I hope MurfDogg Motors continue to dominate over all others at OCRC. I also in fact, hope everyone still complains about the m being too fast, because that tells me I did a good job building these motors. I hope that someone protests the motors and Robert can tech them and prove to all the crybabies that MurfDogg Motors are perfectly legal.

Lets all go racing! See you all at JBRL Sunday at Hot Rod.

Matt Murphy
Old 05-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OC/RC Raceway
Guys,

Just got off the phone with Matt,

Murf motors are fine at OCRC and always have been...

I purchased a resistence meter yesterday so the
winners that say his stuff is too fasts will quit thier winning

I did not have one on Sunday so I made a call
You guy might not like it but thats what happened.

This is the first time I had this type of situation come up
And now when it does again I have it handled.

Once again The Murff Dog Motors are fine and allowed at OCRC

Peace

RB
Thanks for clearing this up Robert, I really appreciate it.

Travis Erkeneff
Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
rhino420

where do i buy a murfdogg motor? all this talk is making me salivate for one ha ha i was going to go novak but i want to get my hands on a 13.5 murfdogg let me know thanks !

Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 215slowpoke
Thanks for clearing this up Robert, I really appreciate it.

Travis Erkeneff

Hey Trevor, I mean Travis, can I crash at your pad for the Camarillo round of the JBRL?????

For all not knowing, he called me Steve like 6 plus times all weekend.....

Wait, isn't said that its only cheating if you get caught???

Ok, I think I am not helping here....

LUV ALL OF YOU GUYS......... no, not really.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Hey Trevor, I mean Travis, can I crash at your pad for the Camarillo round of the JBRL?????

For all not knowing, he called me Steve like 6 plus times all weekend.....

Wait, isn't said that its only cheating if you get caught???

Ok, I think I am not helping here....

LUV ALL OF YOU GUYS......... no, not really.
Man and I thought you had something good to say......Nope.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

I have really nothing to say about this. Matt knows where I stand. He helped me greatly when I ran for him and helped me become one of many Reedy Champions. His knowledge and skill of motors, whether brushed or brush-less is unsurpassed.

When an incident threatens your integrity, I would have no issues defending it. Some people call it whining or crying. They never had there ass out on a limb financially or ever had something successful based on reputation, in which I like to think I had a part in helping with. Been there, done that. I think everyone knows how this industry is. So in a very round about way, they are bagging on my rep as well since I did and if situations did change, I would run for again. But people who know me and or are my friends, know the truth. And I do not have to voice an opinion and or hide behind a keyboard to say it. You want the truth, all you have to do is come up and ask me. Those of you who know that I have no problem saying what I think whether in person or in a very detailed picture......... Who I should thank Jason B. for taking........

Issue has been resolved and Trevor needs to shave.........
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

wow you think HE needs to shave? you should see ME right now haha
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Issue has been resolved and Trevor needs to shave.........
At least he can grow hair on his face, You should think about a Fuman-shu cause that would be funny crap right there.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the trick is making the growing of the fair STOP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.