Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yea, the last one got delayed until March, didn't it? I've got a car to race until then, I'm just anxious to try something new. :-) I've been reading a few pages of the old thread each night to catch up. I wonder if this thread will be as chatty (and full of useful info) as the last?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wouldn't see why not. I too am still running the old car only because I am running rubber on carpet and the setup on it works great for that. I was hoping to get the new car to start working on running foam on carpet since it is ready to go that way out of the box.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Hope they post some starting setups for rubber. We run rubbers on carpet at my local track.
I need a new TC. Not that my XXXsG+ isn't competiitve...it's just a mental thing for me.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Isn't Todd at the Novak this week?

Give "da man" a break loyal Losi-ists...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill

Yes he is, along with the rest of the losi crew.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

I think Todd has the fastest lap in mod (practice) currently with a 9.8. I didn't see any faster, anyway.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill

Are we still allowing you to frequent our forum RDX Bill?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Lord

Oh, never mind, Andrew Grey did the 9.8 with Todd's transponder.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Are we still allowing you to frequent our forum RDX Bill?
I just check in...Every "two weeks"...
Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yeti35
At the moment it seems to be on the same trend as the last car so actually to them they are on schedule.
Yea but the schedule is way past 2 weeks

Why is it that Losi take so loooong to get there cars out as apposed to other manufacturers, I know peeps are going to say 'Coz they want to get the car right before they release it' but hey, the JRX-S was NOT right when it came out, it couldn't be driven straight out of the box as we all know, so again I hear you say, 'Well they want to get it right this time' but we have so much hear say about the car and then the car gets pushed further and further back in production, that's not to say I won't wait for the Type R, it's just very very frustrating thats all
heers Malc TCCFM
Old 01-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

a couple of questions...

are the jrxs-r a-arms compatable with the jrxs without changing diffs and driveshafts?

will the jrxs continue to be supported with replacement parts?

will ea3 arms be released for the jrx-s if the new arms are not backwards compatable?

i have the mid motor car and love it. money is a bit of an issue, so replacing a car that works fine really isn't an option. i have about a billion of every other spare part except arms, and i even have a ton of those, just not the new style.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussB
a couple of questions...

are the jrxs-r a-arms compatable with the jrxs without changing diffs and driveshafts?

will the jrxs continue to be supported with replacement parts?

will ea3 arms be released for the jrx-s if the new arms are not backwards compatable?

i have the mid motor car and love it. money is a bit of an issue, so replacing a car that works fine really isn't an option. i have about a billion of every other spare part except arms, and i even have a ton of those, just not the new style.
The arms on the Type R are different from the mid motor car. As Todd told me in LV the old arms can be used on the new car as a tuning option but not sure if it would work in reverse using the new on the old. I do know you would have to change out the axles for the new car comes with long arms and the current car is short. Some of the parts such as hubs and spindle carriers are carry over from the old car. Diffs are different but not sure what all is involved there. From what I saw of Todd's car in LV it will be a nicer to work on as far as rebuilding diffs for you can get to them way easier. The added aluminum pieces are nice too.

I have heard good and bad about the EA3 material. Guys at my local dirt track complained about being too soft in certain situations and when they first came out you did not have parts for the CR so they were just using stuff from the BK2. I honestly can't speak for the material myself since I don't own a CR or even run dirt anymore since we got a carpet track.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

yeti, i've had the pleasure of running ea3 arms on my jrxs. they are much much much much much more forgiving than the graphite arms, and there's no noticeable difference in handling. i ran the entire '06 nats, 3 race days prior, and about 4 race days after with absolutely no breakage.

todd, any chance of making ea3 arms for the old car?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Hope im wrong on this one guy's, but heard a very strong rumour that the car is being delayed until March now All this messing around with 4 cell, 5 cell millarky is a pain in the arse, why dont they just leave the sport alone, as what ain't broke don't fix it, as this where peeps get the ump with any form of sport and messes up any release on new products ie, Type R,
Malc (not a happy bunny)
Old 01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Horizon's dealer side of the site is still saying Jan 20 but as we know that could change. I really hope the rumor is just that, a rumor. Even though the one guy at my LHS was talkin to his Horizon rep and he said otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.