Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Does anybody else have experience with the 3 Racing Ti screws?

Just going by the picture on Speed Tech's website they don't look as good quality as the Titanium Racing screws.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hey... I just rejumped back to the origional ship that got me into RC racing in the late 80's... I was attempting to run a Yokomo but have since given up and got myself a FT TC3... Can't wait for the weekend...

Anything that I should be aware of or do running stock on a very tight carpet track on foams???
Old 01-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Stock on foams I would set your car so that it's moving forward relatively fast without any throttle, use the throttle trim on your radio to do this. I found that with a stock motor on foam, you don't really have enough power to use the throttle to help control the car, and the steering becomes very responsive. It's like driving a mod car when your battery dumps. If you set the throttle trim forward, it will help smooth the car out a little in the corners.

Good luck,
Josh
Old 01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by hyperformance
hey arun, good run at Fernando's this weekend. i can never do worth crap at his track but i still have a great time racing on it! thought i had something friday night, ran a 7.4 and packed it up, came out saturday & couldn't qualify well at all.... story of my life
Thanks hyper. I ran a pretty interesting weekend. My main concern was getting through traffic. It seemed to be very common for cars to wreck as I came up on them, so I had to be careful to avoid what happend in the first qualifier. With 8 cars on that tiny track, it is an understatement to say that traffic was a hassle. I ended up running kind of conservative. All in all, I don't think I like running conservative very much. There is something about seeing a good best lap.

Something was actually wrong with my car for like the last three laps! I have no idea why, but the car started pushing like a dog only when turning left. You could see on the results that my last three or so laps were horrid. It was a good thing that I had a lap on the field. When I couldn't find anything wrong in the pits after the main, I put my car back on the track, and it was fine .

I am not actually sure who you were. I know you as hyperperformance here, but I don't know which driver you were or which car you drove. I heard a couple of guys mention their rctech names, but yours never came up.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

hey guys im considering buying either a xxxs or tc3racer, but i was wondering (Im a onroad noob) whats the function of a one-way?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm getting back into the hobby and have decided on the TC3 Factory Team kit. Is there anything I will want to get right away for the car that doesn't come with the kit?

Thanks for any help!
Ike

Edit: Forgot to mention I will be running at Trackside where the TC Champs was just held, so it's indoors and seems to be a nice smooth track.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Losi - a one way will give you more steering by freeing up the front wheels when they don't have any power - they spin free. On power it acts as a solid axle. A one-way will only work well on certain tracks, and it makes the car much more difficult to drive.

Ike - are you going to be racing stock class or mod? If stock, then you should be good to go. For mod, there are a few parts that will help decrease wear, mainly IRS lite-drives or AE steel outdrives coupled with IRS pin-cushioned "Big Dawg" driveshafts on all four corners.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Whoops, stock class for now... I used to run 1/12th 4 cell mod and stock, but I'll stick with stock in TC til I get used to things. It looks like most stock is rubber tire at Trackside which I'm not crazy about, but oh well. I guess I miss the hassle of the old foams
Old 01-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Ike
Tech Master

What about things to adjust camber and caster (do I need little plastic shims like the old days? ) and extra springs or shock oils? Or maybe a nice graphite antena for the car so I can pole vault over the boards when needed?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

The kit comes with a molded tool to adjust camber, which will work for you for a while until it wears out, then you can pick up a Lunsford tool, they don't cost much. It also has molded tools for all the nuts, and I still use the wheel wrench, but the smaller sizes wear out, so after you get the kit you can start looking for the tools you need.

You'll have to purchase different castor blocks to adjust castor. I'm not sure what the FT kit comes with, I think it's 4, and I believe mine came with a pair of 0's also, but I'm not too sure. It comes with all the rear toe, front kickup and rear antisquat blocks I think, so you're fine there. With 0 and 2 degree kickup blocks, and 0 and 4 degree castor blocks, you can set any castor you want, up to 6.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Front Diff.

Im getting ready to race modify on carpet this weekend. Which diff should I get. I noticed that there are 2 different front diffs made out of different material. One is made out of plastic and the other is steel. Then of course, there is the one-way which I already have. Should I run the plastic one or the steel (outdrives) diff. ? Thx guys.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I heard that some were putting the rear shock tower on the front to gain additional steering. Can anyone explain why this would give additional steering and would this be on or off power steering?

Many Thanks
Old 01-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

ralph m:

I have wondered this also. As far as I can tell, the camber links are in EXACTLY the same locations as the standard front tower. In my opinion (wrong, I'm sure) the only thing that changes is the angle of the shock which stands more upright with the rear tower on the front. The same paramaters should be obtainable with different shock oil and/or springs. Also, if you maintain the same ride height the lower suspension arm would be at the same angle to the horizon. Also, since the hinge pin isn't changing locations, the change in camber remains the same as the suspension travels. So, I too am confised as to what the benefits of this are. I think we have an urban legend here.

John
Old 01-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

John,

Thanks for the reply. I believe that Mike Blackstock used the rear tower on the front of his car in Cleveland...must be something to this?

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...ndoor_2003.pdf
Old 01-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Yes.....A lot of the top drivers do, if you look at their setups. I was in Cleveland spectating this year and it was common. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why. The commom belief is as you stated, quicker steering. Well, lets just see what others have to say. I'm sure we'll learn something here.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.