Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jas1
have you guys noticed a problem with the 3 screws holding the battery strap in place, they dont seem to be countersunk far enough
Yes.

I used different screws.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

On the subject of the Audi A5, I noticed Shepherd, Xceed, SMI, Orcan all make this body.

Are they all exactly the same thing, or is each body different?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Yes.

And Shepherd have had several complaints about it, but did not think it was sufficent enough to replace my brand new tweaked chassis's when I questioned them
They also have this problem with the 8th scale. Particularly with the 09 version.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah my battery tray Mount screws don't countersink either, and I took those all out to check the chassis,,,,,,,,and my chassis is also tweaked!!!!! What's up with that, shepherd u really need to let us people who had faith enough in your company,,,, to try your 1st 1/10 How ur going to fix this!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Yeah my battery tray Mount screws don't countersink either, and I took those all out to check the chassis,,,,,,,,and my chassis is also tweaked!!!!! What's up with that, shepherd u really need to let us people who had faith enough in your company,,,, to try your 1st 1/10 How ur going to fix this!!!!
Wait until you have to drill grub screws into each wheel hub and start bending pins on your flywheel
Old 02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I build two cars and my friend two. All four cars have zero tweak! Maybe you should check the shocks?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Do you guys have the earlier radio tray mount or the later, checked mine and isn't tweaked?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

oops! wrong thread
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

My shocks r fine, not sure how shocks could stop a chassis from sitting flat? But I do have the earlier radio tray mount, waiting on distributor to recieve email back from shepherd about the new part.......
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

My shocks r fine, not sure how shocks could stop a chassis from sitting flat? But I do have the earlier radio tray mount, waiting on distributor to recieve email back from shepherd about the new part.......
I use a Tweak Board to set the ''Chassis Tweak'', with Shocks attached! Like this one from Hudy ...

But I think I know what you mean now, maybe the screws that hold the battery plate and don't fit properly are the reason the chassis doesn't sit flat on the surface!? Or the radio tray mount bends the chassis plate when you screw it on.

I got one of the first cars and don't have this problem!

Cheers
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

U got lucky, wish I did........ I took all the screws out of the bottom but my car is up a little in the front.......
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Novarossi
On the subject of the Audi A5, I noticed Shepherd, Xceed, SMI, Orcan all make this body.

Are they all exactly the same thing, or is each body different?
They are all the same.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,
iŽd like to say hallo from nuremberg, after 5 hard days at the toy fair 2010.
I read all the threads every evening but i was too tired to answer, but today it is OK for me.
I saw that you are discussing about the bended chassis in your kits, but again i like to tell you you also have to tell this your dealer, or, what will be the best way, the shepherd company, wich means "Tell me if you have problems".
Only if we have some complains we can start to work on it. We have to decide at what point we start to spend money for a changement or something.
You can imagine, if we only have 3 or 4 complains we can not replace a complete batch of something. If we have a problem you guys know shepherd will react immediately. But we need to be informed about the problems.
As we have now also some complains at the fair about the chassis i will check this one more time if i am back on wednesday.
And @ SLO-MTX4
We do not have the "problem" with the 8th scale, we changed the material and made the chassis a little bit softer for easier handling on low grip surfaces.
Unfortunately it was a little to soft for some tracks and drivers so the chassis was bending quiet easy if you crash or even touch a board.

So thats it for now, think i am going to sleep, tommorow we have one more
day at the toy fair, and after this we can go back to normal.

regards
Alex
Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Alex @ Shepherd,

One thing I must say, the service, response and support provided by you guys is great. Not many manufacturers get on public forums to assist and respond to users, so for this I applaud you. I am a harsh critic at times, but I very much doubt that people direct from the Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, etc factories would reply in such forums. You have also personally responded to alot of my emails very quickly!

PS - When will the tires / Reciever box shown at the fair be available for sale? Also, did you secure Marc for the Worlds?

Michael.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey there,
thanks for that, but thats what we like to do, we like you guys to have fun with you car, and if there is a problem that we have to sign to us we will solve it.
And only if we are getting the informations about such problems we can work on it. So keep up your critic to help us, thanks !

The tires and also the receiverboxes are in stock, wich means they can be ordered from now on through you distribution.

Yes we will take Marc with us for sure, there are some more tests to do,
he will race our car, Novarossi engines, Shepherd Tyres, Protoform bodies.
The only small problem is that marc is not really qualified for the worlds.
So he will travel to there and if there is a spot for marc he will race, otherwise he will have a lot of fun supporting the great Shepherd team at the worlds.

So now i will go to bed !!
Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.