Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by lozi
Hi,

Do all of you use the grub screw to adjust the droop or is there a better way of doing this? The plastic bumper's flex is causing the droop to be inconsistent. Any ways to cure this problem is much appreciated.
lozi, I asked a Losi factory driver sometime ago about properly adjusting droop because the way I adjusted it caused some binding. He told me the proper way to adjust droop is with the shocks not attached or unbolted from the suspension. The suspension should be free when you adjust droop.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

some goodies that i got...

Should I run the yellow belt and throw out the other belts or save it till the blue one i am using wears out and another spare blue one i have wear out?

I wanted to get the kevlar spur but th ey didn't have any
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-118_1828.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-118_1826.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

geez steve, u sure like tellin us your adventures in hobby store land, lol. I would run the yellow belt, then keep the blue one if the yellow one brakes, and a new yellow one isn't present.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pro3racer
geez steve, u sure like tellin us your adventures in hobby store land, lol. I would run the yellow belt, then keep the blue one if the yellow one brakes, and a new yellow one isn't present.

what about the spurs?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

ok, i took the whole car apart.

first
WOW THIS THING HAS VERY VERY FEW PARTS!!!

two
how do i tell if i have a overdrive?

three
the rear pully is melted by the plates alittle... shiet... the car didn't come with a 3rd puuly so i am screwed.... I knew i should have bought the pully set when i was in the hobby shop up in ottawa.... sucks!

I am gonna run it since it looks to have no real wobble to it and the diff action is still fairly smooth
Old 11-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
some goodies that i got...

Should I run the yellow belt and throw out the other belts or save it till the blue one i am using wears out and another spare blue one i have wear out?

I wanted to get the kevlar spur but th ey didn't have any
you won't wear out that blue belt. I ran a year in mod without any problems. The only reason why I switched the belt was because I was getting ready for the Reedy race and I wanted all new stuff on the car. The belt was still usable.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If I remember right, the over drive pulley has 3 red lines on the outside lip of it. I have yet to use this with the XS, and don't know many who have.

I bought the Kevlar spur but have yet to install it. I think I may this week. I am going back to stock from brushless, and I may swap the spur when I swap speedos and motors.

You're right, the car has very few parts. Makes it very easy to wrench on. If only you could see the spur and pinion better while setting the gear mesh. That the only thing I dislike about this car.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Tak Drift and lozi,

yeah the best way to measure droop on the losi is with the
shocks off. ive always done it that way and i find it the most
accurate. Also make sure you have the stiffer bumpers that
way it dosent flex as much and the droop screws are more
accurate. another way to cure the problem of uneven droop
is to drill some holes in the arms so they hit the chassis instead of the bumper that way they cant flex at all. Thats why you see
all those pictures of the factory losi's without there rear bumpers because there are new droop screws drilled in. heres a pic

http://www.rctech.net/events/roarcar...seck02_800.jpg

Old 11-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Tech Initiate

hi hixy,

Thanks for the reply, you too Takdrift. But I'm still confused.. Do you guys mean to say that we don't put the grub screw on the bumper?

If so on the chasis/arm, where exactly? Can i do it for both front and back?

The setup sheets from the losi's website, show that some of them are using limiters for their shock (inside/outside). Where exactly do they place them?

Sorry for the many questions still a new car for me.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lozi---- please- please -please reread the last 25-50 pages I guarantee you will find info on how to use shock limiters to adjust droop posted at least 10-20 times!!!

I'm not triing to be smart but we shouldn't have to repost this information every week when somebody new gets a Losi.....
Old 11-22-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Lozi---- please- please -please reread the last 25-50 pages I guarantee you will find info on how to use shock limiters to adjust droop posted at least 10-20 times!!!

I'm not triing to be smart but we shouldn't have to repost this information every week when somebody new gets a Losi.....
OK, now I made it easy for ya'll...........

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ L@@K \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Old 11-22-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just got a xxx-s to race indoor carpet and my simple setup for carpet is

the stock setttings for suspension geometry link locations and hubs and stuff according to the instructions

purple springs front and rear 55 wt in front 50 in rear

orange purple front and purple rear jaco foam tires

paragon whole rear tire but only the very inner edge on the front

that was all i could remember from a couple years ago and it works pretty well i have no complaints so far

does the person who mentioned the andrew gray setup still have it? he races at my local track and thats the setup i need to duplicate but when i went looking for it at teamlosi.com i couldnt find it
Old 11-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PTP Racing
i just got a xxx-s to race indoor carpet and my simple setup for carpet is

the stock setttings for suspension geometry link locations and hubs and stuff according to the instructions

purple springs front and rear 55 wt in front 50 in rear

orange purple front and purple rear jaco foam tires

paragon whole rear tire but only the very inner edge on the front

that was all i could remember from a couple years ago and it works pretty well i have no complaints so far

does the person who mentioned the andrew gray setup still have it? he races at my local track and thats the setup i need to duplicate but when i went looking for it at teamlosi.com i couldnt find it
It's under XXX-S set-ups, not XXX-S G+

Andrew Grey's Octoberfast set-up
Old 11-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

in our local track, there's a smooth right hander ending up to a chicane followed by a short sweeping u-turn ( i hope i described it well enough )... anyway, upon entering the chicane your carrying quite a bit of speed and sometimes the car just transitions very fast that it upsets the balance, giving the car too much off-power steering...

my question is, how can i slow down the car's reaction so that when i slow down, the car doesn't throw all its weight to the front... im using swaybars already, green springs in front and blue in the rear.

any suggestions,

thanks

jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.