Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ah ok - Thank you!

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Originally Posted by al dente
yes, we were all running the f-60. i am fb/fx. i do the painting.

by the way, in case you did not hear, brian wynn and wayne gerber finish 1-2 at the halloween classic with the crc prototype wtf-1.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
does anyone have the link to the place that sells the decals for the front wings?
thought i bookmarked but it doesn't work
pm nrtv20 here...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
pm nrtv20 here...
I ended up canceling the website... had first child, vendor problems, new home, lack of time, made excuses... haha life really caught up tho.

I am about to paint up a new body and want to test painting the vinyl to see how that holds up to abuse to keep the color match perfect. My manufacture struggled getting the correct color's to match the liveries and they screwed me on the 'carbon fiber' vinyl as well.

If I don't make any progress with the vinyls this fall (lets say by Dec 1st) I will post the templates up in PDF format and they can just be printed and then stenciled on.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

Last edited by nrtv20; 10-29-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looking forward to getting flamed here... I did do a search on the subject, and came up empty. Nearing the end of the build of my SP-1, and am ready to glue up my Pardus tires. I'm noticing a similar issue here that I'd encountered with some Tamiya rubber slicks I bought years ago - the foams seem far too small, particularly in the rear tires. And they seem too soft. Maybe this is just the way F1 tires work, but I don't remember having the issue with the HPI tires I mounted up for my FGX. Are there closed cell inserts for F1 yet? I don't want to glue these things up and find out they're useless.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
I ended up canceling the website... had first child, vendor problems, new home, lack of time, made excuses... haha life really caught up tho.

I am about to paint up a new body and want to test painting the vinyl to see how that holds up to abuse to keep the color match perfect. My manufacture struggled getting the correct color's to match the liveries and they screwed me on the 'carbon fiber' vinyl as well.

If I don't make any progress with the vinyls this fall (lets say by Dec 1st) I will post the templates up in PDF format and they can just be printed and then stenciled on.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
its all good do you have stencils made for the 2012 wing?
ill pm u
Old 10-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Looking forward to getting flamed here... I did do a search on the subject, and came up empty. Nearing the end of the build of my SP-1, and am ready to glue up my Pardus tires. I'm noticing a similar issue here that I'd encountered with some Tamiya rubber slicks I bought years ago - the foams seem far too small, particularly in the rear tires. And they seem too soft. Maybe this is just the way F1 tires work, but I don't remember having the issue with the HPI tires I mounted up for my FGX. Are there closed cell inserts for F1 yet? I don't want to glue these things up and find out they're useless.
Most of the people using Pardus are using them as a spec tire, so you must use all the components. I don't know your situation, but I have not used anything but what came with the tires and I have gotten them to work for the races I attended. Would something else be better? Maybe, but they are also not useless with the included inserts.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Most of the people using Pardus are using them as a spec tire, so you must use all the components. I don't know your situation, but I have not used anything but what came with the tires and I have gotten them to work for the races I attended. Would something else be better? Maybe, but they are also not useless with the included inserts.
Thanks for the info! I've been gluing tires for decades, these are only the second that haven't filled the tire our. Thankfully they're cheap - if they work well on our track, great.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to take a poll, i'm selling my F104v2, but i want to stay in F1.

What chassis would you guys recommend? a budget of 225-250$. In my area, the rules don't mention the width, just that the cars need rubber tires, and look scale, with a max of 21.5 motor.
- Speed Passion SP-1 - i read the front end is delicate, specifically where you screw the ball end
- Yokomo F1 - expensive for what it is, no?
- 3Racing F113 - not much on here about it, cool front end
- Kyosho - looks nice, i hear the front end breaks when you look at it? comes with fiberglass, and not carbon...
- Tamiya TRF101 - out of my budget

any recommendations other than these? i'm all ears!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Curious why you didn't mention the Serpent F110 and/or the VBC Flash04. I know they are at or more then your budget however, you did list the Yokomo. Also, the Plazma F1 does offer a carbon kit upgrade.

P.S. Why are you selling your 104v2?

Originally Posted by Cadman1981

What chassis would you guys recommend? a budget of 225-250$. In my area, the rules don't mention the width, just that the cars need rubber tires, and look scale, with a max of 21.5 motor.
- Speed Passion SP-1 - i read the front end is delicate, specifically where you screw the ball end
- Kyosho - looks nice, i hear the front end breaks when you look at it? comes with fiberglass, and not carbon...

Old 10-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Why are you selling the V2?
What surface are you running on?

Just curious.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If they dont have a width limit I would go with either a F104W (the gp variant being my favorite) or a 103. the wider cars with the smaller diameter wheels and larger rear tire patch are just plain faster.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've read the entire Kyosho Plazma thread, and got the impression that it's a pretty strong car, and didn't read anything about the front end being fragile. When I look at the front end it looks pretty beefy to me and the GRP chassis is probably what makes it a good car for asphalt. By my comments you can probably tell what car I would recommend, at least if you were going to run on asphalt-it's the car I'm going with anyway. If you were going to be running on carpet I would lean towards the yet unreleased CRC WTF1.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

I'm selling the F104v2 to try something different, looking at a wider rear pod link setup.
I admit i didn't mention a few cars, i would like to get the VBC, but in my area, or by the time it's shipped the car is 350$... i can't understand how it costs so much for so little... anyways.

In the summer, it's on asphalt, but in the winter it's carpet with foams
Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would like to take a poll, i'm selling my F104v2, but i want to stay in F1....
Cuda and the guys answers with a good question, why sell the V2?

1. I hated mine until they came out with the carbon reinforced links - now I like it plenty.

2. You will probably get low $ for it and have to spend $225 + to end up where you are now or not even there.

3. Update your V2! Maybe get the Exotec front adjustable arms, or the flex chassis you will spend less than $150.00 for both and have a top of the line car. Or spend money on better electronics.

The V2 won this years Tamiya nationals, so it's no clunker.

But if it has to go then I would get the F104 X1 (actually I have one! But not for sale )

Cheers!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Which one is the Flex Chassis? and how does that affect the car?

This exotek chassis?
http://www.exotekracing.com/f104v2-f...sis-set-2-5mm/

Last edited by Cadman1981; 10-31-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.